Kennesaw State '15 football uniforms (UPDATE: Photo of full uniform)

Brave-Bird 08

So, I just realized this now, but KSU's first line of commits all modeled jerseys at one point or another in their recruiting trips. KSU had some pretty cheap jerseys hanging in the lockers for a while, but I noticed the team actually made a point to order actual game jerseys. Not sure if this is going to be anything close to what the team wears next Fall, but I actually really dig both. Since we are an Adidas school, I knew the jerseys would be pretty simple, as all Adidas teams have switched to. I'm still fearing how the helmet will look with each.

Here's the primary helmet and a look at some of the jerseys.

Big-South-Small-700x300.jpg

EJEHiaK.jpg

68L0S9y.jpg

YYkrRdn.jpg

Todd-Blackwell-II-e1391568685208.jpg

Those are actually some pretty good uniforms, for adidas football standards. Not sure how I feel about the chrome/metallic numbers yet though.

It certainly gives Kennesaw State some originality with the numbers compared to pretty much all the other football programs across the country.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I figure the chrome numbers might be a nice touch to an otherwise simple jersey if they play it right...but then as mentioned there are a few maybes in play: maybe this is what they're rolling with, maybe this is just a placeholder (though then wouldn't white numbers have done?), maybe they decide do something dumb like pair this with Southern Miss-like pants. On its own, actually pretty good, but as far as a definite, there are at least three too many maybes in play.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 3 months later...

First time seeing the helmet, jersey and a set of pants combined. Have to say -- I'm in love with the gold on gold look. When the helmet was first unveiled I was upset, but our athletic director and head coach have seemed to really be on the gold-over-black brand, and in full uniform it really pops!

2YUYsXs.jpg

Kennesaw-State-Helmet.jpg

They just need to change the helmet logo so it's either solid black monogram or a silver monogram with a black outline. I don't like multiple putlines to begin with, but I'm especially not a fan of the gold logo with black and silver outlines here. As you can see on the polos, at small sizes or at great distances, the logo looks like mud; as if it's a black smudge on a bright gold polo.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As long as they avoid wearing gold from head to toe, I really like the look. I'm on board with the gold helmet and jersey being the primary too.

I'm in the process of setting up an interview with the head coach for a mag article I'm working on, so I'll drop some questions and see if I can get some details on these uniforms -- if they are loose prototypes or the threads for 2015.

The jerseys they are selling in the bookstore have the Adidas sleeve wings on it, which irks me. Not a fan of generic design. The strong identity we have does all of the work, with the shiny numbers being a nice touch.

As long as they avoid wearing gold from head to toe, I really like the look. I'm on board with the gold helmet and jersey being the primary too.

I'm in the process of setting up an interview with the head coach for a mag article I'm working on, so I'll drop some questions and see if I can get some details on these uniforms -- if they are loose prototypes or the threads for 2015.

The jerseys they are selling in the bookstore have the Adidas sleeve wings on it, which irks me. Not a fan of generic design. The strong identity we have does all of the work, with the shiny numbers being a nice touch.

Looks good! I have to say both Georgia State & Kennesaw State both have REALLY good looking uniforms! Hope we play sometime in the future!

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Those shiny numbers are lame and make them already look outdated. It ruins a simple, modern look and makes it a tacky modern trendy uniform that should be reserved for the occasional alternate uniform.

I actually think the shiny numbers work well here. I feel like a flat gray would be too dull against yellow. The shiny silver looks sharp.

Those shiny numbers are lame and make them already look outdated. It ruins a simple, modern look and makes it a tacky modern trendy uniform that should be reserved for the occasional alternate uniform.

IMO, the shiny numbers are pretty much the only Adidas design element I like. The Raiders and Saints should be using numbers like that.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Talked to the head coach, Brian Bohannon, today. He told me this:

-- "The uniforms are done, and obviously we use them for recruiting, but they will be released in the fall."

-- "We're going to brand ourselves. We're not going to look different every weekend. We may wear black pants instead of gold, but we won't look different every weekend. We are branding who we are."

Agreed. I like how the team is letting its unique features (team specific number font, team specific typeface, logo and unique stripe) guide the brand.

The gold on gold with the silver, shiny numbers will be a unique look that will stick out. Looking forward to seeing how sharp they look in real time.

Archived