Cleveland Browns Logo Refresh Concept - Feedback requested

LoneStarBear

For my first project on CCSLC I figured I would take one a Cleveland Browns refresh concept in anticipation of their Nike redesign slated for 2015. I've always thought that they had a pretty solid logo that was severely underused and I wanted to tweak it and use it as the primary logo for my redesign concept.

Here is what I came up with so far:

13458669625_bc4c7c6d5d_z.jpg

As you can see I didn't change much, but I reshaped it slightly, added striping that more resembles the striping on their jerseys, updated the "B", and went with a vintage white. I wanted to keep it classic looking but spruce it up a bit.

24orncx.jpg

The only issue I see is the negative space between the stripes and the left/right edge of the football shape.

The stripes end with a straight edge while the ball is rounded. Kinda messes with my eyes.

I would also suggest making the negative space around the left/right side of the football the same width as the negative space around the "B".

(If you don't mind me nitpicking, the ball shape could also be a little less vertical. Right now it's a bit bloated for a football, but a narrower shape could also help with making the negative space more consistent.)

Otherwise, it's solid! I'd like to see something simple like this.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Looks like GotPixels Browns update...

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by that. I guess I'm not seeing what you're seeing

This is as basic as you can get, literally everyone either goes with this logo or the dawg pound logo when they do a Browns concept. You're not breaking any new ground. If you want to actually refresh the Browns, come up with a new logo.

It wasn't my intention to "break any new ground." I don't think we share the same understanding of the term refresh. So do you have any constructive criticism to add, or are you just bagging on the new guy beginner?

24orncx.jpg

The only issue I see is the negative space between the stripes and the left/right edge of the football shape.

The stripes end with a straight edge while the ball is rounded. Kinda messes with my eyes.

I would also suggest making the negative space around the left/right side of the football the same width as the negative space around the "B".

(If you don't mind me nitpicking, the ball shape could also be a little less vertical. Right now it's a bit bloated for a football, but a narrower shape could also help with making the negative space more consistent.)

Otherwise, it's solid! I'd like to see something simple like this.

I'm new at messing with logos. I was actually worried about it looking to crowded which is why I left a lot of negative space. The stripes didn't look very good rounded out like the football, I'm not too sure what to do with that. I could try extending the stripes to the edges and seeing how that looks or at least diminishing the negative space.

24orncx.jpg

Extending the strips to the edge looks a lot better than I would have thought.

I think you're right about the rounded stripes looking odd. I think the one with the extended stripes is the winner.

There's not a lot of other feedback to give, because frankly there's not much to this (don't get me wrong - in this case that's a good thing.) I think LEWJ hit on what I would have said.

I could suggest that you try to do one that has both a C and B in it, or just a C, but that's not really within the scope of this concept, that would be a whole other one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived