NFL Re-Design Project: NEW Logos (C&C Please) [PATRIOTS Added 4-8]

ADW77

Okay, so, my recent NFL Re-Design Project kind of took a back seat to other things lately, however, I actually have been working on some new logos recently. I know I would just post them before as part of my reveal with the project, but these are ones I'm not satisfied enough with yet to consider them complete.

Cleveland Browns: I actually liked the old "B" logo, but there were more than a couple flaws with it. I've been working on this logo the longest of the bunch, especially with the recent news of the Browns getting an overhaul/re-design.

I've had the idea, much like OSV, to switch out the white to something else. I was thinking a cream color first like the SF Giants, but that was too dark, so I went in between with an antique/vintage white, and I like that.

I worked over the "CB" part of this thing numerous times. I started with just a "CB" side by side, too plain. I interlocked them and threw an outline, okay but didn't look good to me, especially with the B almost touching the outer edge. So I went with something I'm really liking, in a unique attempt to have the letters blend into the design (which mimics the Browns helmet).

CLE_P_01.png

San Diego Chargers: Again, I always preferred the 'horse shield' as a primary. I simply updated it to something I'm decently pleased with. I prefer to keep the navy as the primary color, leaving the powder/collegiate blue as a secondary.

SDC_P_01.png

New York Gaints: I've always had some sort of idea about putting the skyscrapers (Chrysler Building; Empire State Building, etc) on the helmet somehow. After much thought and deliberation, I decided to do a NY skyline theme for the helmet. Yes, I took inspiration for the primary shape from the other team in New York (don't worry, I'm not keeping anything like this for the Jets) to accomplish this.

NYG_P_01.png

Arizona Cardinals: I've always wanted to do an alternate for the Cardinals. I liked the idea of the flag design on the sleeves, but never liked it simply being the flag itself.

So what I've done here is taken the flag design itself and put it inside a shield. For anyone in Arizona, they should be able to recognize where the shield design comes from/is inspired from.

ARI_A_01.png

I'm actually looking to get some feedback on these. Anything I can do to make them better. That's really the point of posting these in a separate thread, instead of with the 'reveal' in the main thread.

The Browns logo is unique in the way you blended the letters, but it makes difficult to actually read. If it weren't for being a big picture right in front of my face, I'm not sure if I could distinguish it at all. That would be tough to spot on a uniform, hat, vintage tshirt, whatever. I like the idea, just not sure how well it really worked.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

The Browns logo is unique in the way you blended the letters, but it makes difficult to actually read. If it weren't for being a big picture right in front of my face, I'm not sure if I could distinguish it at all. That would be tough to spot on a uniform, hat, vintage tshirt, whatever. I like the idea, just not sure how well it really worked.

My thoughts on it exactly.

The only other negative thing I can say is that they're all shield/crest-like, and it kinda resembles the way the NBA went with its new newest franchise refreshes (OKC and Brooklyn). I think you did a great job on all of them, with the exception of the CB letters as mentioned above.

1425175351-U10338.png

As for the "CB" blending in, that's actually my intention. I didn't want the letters to just stick out at you. Since the Browns have no logo on the helmet, and the whole thing with them is minimization, I want it to be subtle.

As for the crest/shield comment. These are just four logos of many more. The Cardinals is an alternate to boot. I got rid of the Ravens and Jaguars crest logos.

They just happen to be that way for these select logos I suppose.

Maybe change "Arizona" to "Cardinals"? I know the Cardinals organization has been around for awhile, but the Arizona Cardinals have not. For me, it's strictly personal preference, but stuff like that has always bugged me. That being said, that's some mighty nice work.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

I personally don't like the idea of having the year on the Cardinals logo, because so much of their history is spent in St. Louis and Chicagoland.

I also share the idea about the Browns logo. I think it would work if you swapped the colors on the C and B. The white breaking up the letters doesn't feel right though.

The Cards logo looks like a soccer crest(I think someone might have already said that), and as a Cards fan I would hate the addition of blue. I also don't like the flag as a logo period, they're the Arizona Cardinals, not the Arizona Flags.

I agree that the Browns logo is tough to read. I like the modernized Charger shield logo. The Giants one is the best of the bunch. I love it.

mainescarf.png

i like them all, the blended in letters on the browns one doesn't bother me too much. I do however think the skyline on the giants one might need to be simplified a bit. Maybe less buildings and each one drawn a little chunkier but so their still recognizable. The Arizona works just fine as an alternate logo, but maybe lose the year as some have suggested.

I'm surprised the Giants one is so popular, as it's the one I was having the most difficulty with. I was torn between what details to include, since it's a skyline, I figured something more detailed would be okay for putting on the helmet, since it's clear it's a skyline, you don't have to look at it really close to see that.

I do like the Browns. As I said, the subtle way the letters blend into it is what I was going for.

I'm having issues with the script/wordmark on the Chargers though, as I'm not exactly happy with what I've got there. I'm not sure if slapping the regular logotype on there would work or what.

The only thing I'm torn on with the Cardinals is the year. I picked the year the NFL was established (not founded), instead of the founding of the team itself.

For the Chargers crest, I think the lettering on the shield is fine. I have two suggestions: Fill powder blue on the white outline of the lightning bolt to match it with the current helmet's lightning bolt. Give the horse less detail might help. Like that whitespace detail, give it less of those jagged lightning bolt points.

I love the Giants logo.

I know your intention is to make the CB of the Browns logo subtle, but I don't think it makes it visually appealling. I think making it obviously a CB is a better idea.

So I've decided that I'm satisfied, for the most part with the four logos above. I may simplify the Giants logo, I might change the date on the Cardinals logo, I might change the logotype/wordmark on the Chargers logo, and I may change the shape of the Browns logo.

So, now I wanted to get some feedback on a logo I'm nowhere NEAR as satisfied (as it is) with right now.

Here's my Patriots concept, so far.

NEP_P_01.png

Archived