Rays

Least used color combo in pro sports

i did a quick count of the 4 major Pro American leagues and condensing their colors down to the 2 or 3 primary swatches, there are 22 teams that use a unique palette. they are:

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks Penguins?

Colorado Avalanche

Calgary Flames (yep, red and yellow)

Minnesota Wild

Miami Heat Blazers? Bulls?

OKC Thunder Grizzlys and mavs are both double blue

Dallas Mavericks (bright blue, navy, silver) look above

Milwaukee Bucks

Charlotte Hornets (did not count Bobcats)

New Orleans Pelicans red and blue is worn by the clippers and 76ers

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys (only team with navy and silver) Pats?

Tampa Bay Buccs Falcons now that the pewter is now just a dark grey

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

a lot of those schemes aren't unique

The Penguins wear orange?

The Bulls and Blazers wear yellow?

The Grizzlies have orange? The Mavericks have orange and yellow in their uniforms?

The Sixers and Clippers wear navy, red, and gold?

I could have sworn the Patriots had some red in their unis.

And that the Falcons had a lighter silver and no orange.

:lol: almost the same post

i did a quick count of the 4 major Pro American leagues and condensing their colors down to the 2 or 3 primary swatches, there are 22 teams that use a unique palette. they are:

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks Penguins?

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Milwaukee Bucks

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

The Grizzlies have orange? The Mavericks have orange and yellow in their uniforms?

I guess I'm the only one who think of the 2 primary colors as the ones that matter, i dont think its that unique when another team shares 2/3 of the same colors

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks Penguins?

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Milwaukee Bucks

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

I guess I'm the only one who think of the 2 primary colors as the ones that matter, i dont think its that unique when another team shares 2/3 of the same colors

the other guys answered it right. i added a 3rd color when it was necessary. Pats are red, navy, silver and OKC is light blue, navy, orange, etc. trust me when doing it this way, those are all unique palettes

the Falcons though i counted as red and black. the Bucs are red and pewter

As for me I will go with Purple and Gold. The only pro team that uses it is the Lakers. The LA Kings did use it at one point but there is no other team that I can think of. There is probably a soccer team somewhere that uses it that I'm forgetting.

tempIMG_5821_2013UniHelmet--nfl_mezz_128

As for me I will go with Purple and Gold. The only pro team that uses it is the Lakers. The LA Kings did use it at one point but there is no other team that I can think of. There is probably a soccer team somewhere that uses it that I'm forgetting.

They barely use gold, it's more of a trim color.

It's listed as a primary color on ColorwerxMinnesotaVikings_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png

;

Purple and orange. Of the four major sports in the US the Suns are the only team with it. And actually I'm trying to think of any others outside of those leagues...

Oh :censored: yes !

it looks great, sunset like beautiful........

FTFY, No need for the last part, it offends members and will lead to the thread being derailed.

Light blue and red are also very underused. Only team I can think of is the Atlanta dream of the WNBA. It does have almost a feminine look to it so maybe that's why it is so uncommon, but I really like that scheme.

You belive members are that easily offended ? okay then, i thought sport fans were pretty rugged, but okay, you know this place better then me....... LOL
Not to sound like a jerk but I DO know this place better. I've been a daily visitor for almost 4 years, I've seen that comment turn into a :censored: storm. I was actually trying to help you. There are thousands of members on these boards, some of which are openly gay and many others who are closeted (at least to these boards). If you don't see how some people could be offended than that's okay but I'm sure you can understand this.

P.s. It doesn't offend me at all but there really is no need for the comment.

LOL.....did you think the "you know this place better then me" was sarcastic ? I meant it.

But i am sorry that I/we have to tip toe around , it´s hard for me to not write what i feel, and be who i am :-)

It's listed as a primary color on ColorwerxMinnesotaVikings_FRC_9999_SCC_SRGB.png
The more of these color swatches that get posted I think the better off this thread will be.

i counted the Vikings as purple and yellow, but yea you could easily make the case for purple/white. i took teams primary logo into consideration when doing the count.

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Miami Heat

OKC Thunder

Dallas Mavericks (bright blue, navy, silver)

Milwaukee Bucks

New Orleans Pelicans

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Dallas Cowboys (only team with navy and silver)

Tampa Bay Buccs

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

Don't the Jags and Sharks have effectively the same color scheme? (teal and black being dominant, with a gold/yellow/orange accent color?)

i counted the Vikings as purple and yellow, but yea you could easily make the case for purple/white. i took teams primary logo into consideration when doing the count.

I definitely consider the vikes purple and yellow. I would not say that their most recent uniform change included a change in team colors. Obviously, their two previous sets included yellow outlining of the numbers, rendering yellow a part of the scheme. I'd say it still is, though less prominent.

(I really wish they outlined their numbers in yellow, but that's a topic for a different thread).

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Miami Heat

OKC Thunder

Milwaukee Bucks

New Orleans Pelicans

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Tampa Bay Buccs

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

Don't the Jags and Sharks have effectively the same color scheme? (teal and black being dominant, with a gold/yellow/orange accent color?)

i counted the Sharks as teal and black and the Jags as teal, black, and gold. i feel the yellow and orange for the sharks isn't a large part of their identity when you look at apparel, the primary logo, marketing etc, but you cant ignore gold with the Jags

Across the pond in the U.K., there are a number of professional soccer teams which are maroon and powder blue, such as Aston Villa, West Ham United, Burnley, and Scunthorpe.

Here, there's nobody that uses that color except for the college teams from Delaware State University.

Any combination with pink in it is quite rare. I can only think of Palermo and Juventus.

1622741_w2.jpg

119681983_crop_650x440.jpg

SportBoys Peru, too.

But then again, wait until Breast Cancer Awareness time strikes again ....

This whole topic again gets me riled up over the Padres management's perplexing stance on refusing to embrace the very unique brown. Their merchandise would instantly be catapulted into the top 10 in the MLB with a switch back to brown. Why they don't want to be popular and sell a lot of merchandise is truly an enigma.

Templeton.jpg

Brown & Yellow

Doesn't at least one "professional" team have to have it for it to be considered "least used?"

Brown by itself is probably one of the least used colors in pro sports only being part of the Cleveland Browns scheme. In fact there's no other team in the Big 4 sports in North America that uses it any more barring the occasional Padres throwback/military uni.

slideshow_1370635_broncos.jpg

Kill it! Kill it with fire!

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Miami Heat

OKC Thunder

Milwaukee Bucks

New Orleans Pelicans

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Tampa Bay Buccs

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

What am I missing about the Kansas City Chiefs here?

But i am sorry that I/we have to tip toe around , it´s hard for me to not write what i feel, and be who i am :-)

I don't think that's what you meant. Because I don't think "a bigot" is who you are. So knock it off with the slurs.

Across the pond in the U.K., there are a number of professional soccer teams which are maroon and powder blue, such as Aston Villa, West Ham United, Burnley, and Scunthorpe.

Here, there's nobody that uses that color except for the college teams from Delaware State University.

Colorado Rapids.

San Jose Sharks

Anaheim Ducks

Colorado Avalanche

Minnesota Wild

Miami Heat

OKC Thunder

Milwaukee Bucks

New Orleans Pelicans

Phoenix Suns

Utah Jazz

Seattle Seahawks

Cleveland Browns

Tampa Bay Buccs

Tennessee Titans

Washington Redskins

Jacksonville Jaguars

Miami Dolphins

Miami Marlins

What am I missing about the Kansas City Chiefs here?

Red and white. Im counting primary logo and primary uniforms.