Florida State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

STL_ArchMadness

I'll give FSU an 8/10.

They've managed to keep their identity, but some of the color combos need tweaking. The gold helmet/facemask has GOT to go. FSU needs those garnet facemasks.

The gold/gold helmet was replaced by gold/garnet. It's been mentioned nearly a dozen times in this thread :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team tweeted out that the gold helmet with gold mask won't be worn. Apparently a Nike mistake.

https://twitter.com/FSU_Football/status/454763958184857600

Do we really think it was a Nike mistake, or FSU putting their foot down? I would have to think that someone from the design team would be at these promo photo shoots and would recognize the wrong face mask on a helmet.

Jimbo Fisher made the 'veto' of the gold masks on the gold helmets.

Why did the they model the same basketball uniforms they've been wearing?

They are slightly different. The new ones have the new logo and some additional 'dots' between the feather and logo The old ones had the FSU wordmark instead of the logo. FSU has stated that they want to have the new logo on almost every uniform across the board.

The feather, as has been mentioned, is the same on the basketball uniforms, the 'new' (been around for a while) spear, and the new logo. They have worked on consistency in the branding.

How hard would it be to use the same color on the numbers on the gold pants? It pisses me off that these gold pants does not match the rest of the uniform!

Bk-a768IIAAR2ht.jpg

My rating of this re-brand is a 7.25 out of 10. It is very hard to improve upon perfection and in most cases the change looks worse.

spacer.png

How hard would it be to use the same color on the numbers on the gold pants? It pisses me off that these gold pants does not match the rest of the uniform!

Bk-a768IIAAR2ht.jpg

I'm sure Nike could give FSU metallic gold pants if the wanted them. However, if FSU wanted Nike's new pants template metallic gold would be impossible. Nike's newest pants template has mesh panels on the side and lower leg. Nike couldn't make the mesh as metallic as the rest of the pants. If they did try it all of the same people on here complaining about matte pants would be complaining about different colored panels.

However, Georgia is supposed to start wearing their "Silver Britches" again this year. I don't know if this means Nike fixed this issue or if Georgia just chose to use an older Nike pants template.

My thoughts of FSU's new uniforms

• Seeing the garnet helmet in the unveiling, I feel that it would benefit from having either a black or garnet facemask.
  • I thought the gold pants were supposed to have the shine they once did.
  • Why aren't there any garnet pants?
  • Road jersey numbers should be garnet outlined in gold.
  • Alternate jersey numbers should be garnet outlined in gold a la the previous "Unconquered" uniforms.
  • Can't wait to see the helmets with their tomahawk pride stickers.

Can't wait to see the helmets with their tomahawk pride stickers.

Funny how strange and lifeless their helmets look without them. Such a minimal design element and yet it's become a norm for us to visualize them that way.
Midway.png

The more I see these the more I love that new pattern. It's a bit of a stretch but I see that pattern being a modern take on the old trim of the old unis. Seeing as the new jersey cuts and style don't really have sleeve cuffs, using the sleeve itself to recreate/reimagine the trim is a nice nod to the past and a step foward.

Question: Does that collar not have flywire in it or did Nike find a way to design over the flywire? That was always my issue with the flywire stuff. A design pattern can't be on the collars because of the flywire.

That's actually what I thought about this being a modernized cuff/collar trim that the Noles have worn since the mid 90s.

And from what I've read, there WILL be garnet pants. And the tomahawks will remain on the helmets. Just get rid of those gold numbers and I'm starting to come around on these.

Bk-ZGBRIcAASOpa.jpg

Can everyone see in the background of this photo, the billboard style image in the background?

If you look, there are leaders pointing to the different areas of the FSU pattern. You can clearly see fire and arrow labeled. Can anyone provide a full image of this showing what each level of the new Seminole pattern signifies?

The middle section represents "man on a horse". The pattern is a legitimate Seminole tribe pattern. It's not something Nike just came up with.

If these are legitimate Seminole tribe symbols, then the uniform goes way up in my book. I think having the pattern across the ENTIRE sleeve is a mistake... but I think it will translate well to TV. I have a theory that TV is really one of the main influences when it comes to these rebrands. With ESPN, Fox, all the Conference networks, I think Nike is making a push for these uniform to be unique when seen on TV. I think that is why the entire sleeve has the Seminole pattern.

I think its a huge mistake to NOT have Gold/White/Gold and Gold/Garnet/Gold uniforms. I don't mind the black out uniforms... because that's the way college sports are going... and I definitely think they garnet helmet is great look. But when I think FSU, I think they gold pants with a white jersey and a garnet jersey.

Does it bother anyone else that the Seminole pattern isn't on any other sports uniforms?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'll give FSU an 8/10.

They've managed to keep their identity, but some of the color combos need tweaking. The gold helmet/facemask has GOT to go. FSU needs those garnet facemasks. I don't mind the trim work on the neck and sleeves, but I think (like others have said) that the numbers should be white and garnet on the home and aways instead of gold.

I also LOVE how the spears cross on the back of the helmet - and that they cross LOW. Leaves plenty of room for pride stickers, which seems like FSU is one of only a handful of schools left that do that anymore (Ohio State, obviously). Wish more schools had helmet stickers.

USATSI_7486457px714b.jpg

Purdue has little choo choo trains

I'm no lover of Florida State. Period. But these football uni's are great! The black set is clean, refined. I also like the new garnet/black helmet and improved spear design. They definitely upclassed these in my opinion. Nike finally got one right...

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I'll give FSU an 8/10.

They've managed to keep their identity, but some of the color combos need tweaking. The gold helmet/facemask has GOT to go. FSU needs those garnet facemasks. I don't mind the trim work on the neck and sleeves, but I think (like others have said) that the numbers should be white and garnet on the home and aways instead of gold.

I also LOVE how the spears cross on the back of the helmet - and that they cross LOW. Leaves plenty of room for pride stickers, which seems like FSU is one of only a handful of schools left that do that anymore (Ohio State, obviously). Wish more schools had helmet stickers.

USATSI_7486457px714b.jpg

Agree about the rebrand.

Also, you quoted me AND chose a picture of my team ripping out a Purdue player's kidney? God Bless You.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Sexy.

One of the best Nike redesigns I can remember.

That gold used for the numbers is beautiful. The garnet helmet is awesome, in my eyes. I also love the black set.

The matte-gold (khaki) pants are the only thing that bugs me.

I think this will be a classic set.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'll give FSU an 8/10.

Didn't even know about those. Granted, I missed the Illinois-Purdue game and had no reason to watch them play anyone else this year. But pride stickers are definitely not dying out. Just looking in the Big Ten, we have:

-Ohio State (buckeye leafs)

-Purdue (trains)

-Michigan State (spartan spears, I think?)

-Illinois (state)

-Northwestern (wildcats)

And these FSU uniforms are growing on me. I loved the old collar and sleeve trim, but this is just as good, cleaner, and bigger.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'll give FSU an 8/10.

Didn't even know about those. Granted, I missed the Illinois-Purdue game and had no reason to watch them play anyone else this year. But pride stickers are definitely not dying out. Just looking in the Big Ten, we have:

-Purdue (trains)

-Illinois (state)

-Northwestern (wildcats)

And these FSU uniforms are growing on me. I loved the old collar and sleeve trim, but this is just as good, cleaner, and bigger.

MSU needs to get rid of the pride stickers IMO.

Has anybody found an updated style guide out there?

ColorWerx, if you are reading, will you be able to post the new graphics like you did for the Bucs?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Possible unpopular opinion alert: I love the gold numbers on the white jerseys. Some on here have said they'd prefer maroon numbers on the white, but in my opinion I say no way.

Not unpopular with me, those numbers are great on the white jersey's.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

I'll give FSU an 8/10.

-Purdue (trains)

-Illinois (state)

-Northwestern (wildcats)

I thought they were "S's"... I know they used to be. Has that changed?

msuDant.jpg

I'll give FSU an 8/10.

-Purdue (trains)

-Illinois (state)

-Northwestern (wildcats)

Kind of seems like they're dying out, just by a look at the list of teams that formerly used them.

PJU85JF.png

Archived