Florida State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

STL_ArchMadness

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the uniforms a lot better than I thought I would.

Here are some things that if changed would make them better.

* Gold pants are a must I hate the trend of white pants white jersey look I guess we should be glad they did not throw in a white helmet.

* Garnett numbers on the road.

* A pattern stripe on the pants like the jersey

* I would take the pattern off the collar just because on the Nike Template it is too much.

* I would have put the pattern on other sports uniforms

Overall while I am not a big fan of the new logo just does not have a great flow this is the best I have seen in quite sometime from Nike.

In 2013-14, Michigan State used both the S decal and a spear with feather decal. This was the first year they used the spear. The spear was used a lot more on one side of the helmet while the S was used not quite as much on the other side. I'm not sure what the significance of the S vs. spear were or why the spear was used more.

1102123.jpg

You can sort of see the S and the spears being used in this photo:

image.JPG

In 2013-14, Michigan State used both the S decal and a spear with feather decal. This was the first year they used the spear. The spear was used a lot more on one side of the helmet while the S was used not quite as much on the other side. I'm not sure what the significance of the S vs. spear were or why the spear was used more.

1102123.jpg

You can sort of see the S and the spears being used in this photo:

image.JPG

Some teams use different decals for team, individual and academic achievements.

i feel like they give out pride stickers way too easily, like how many great performances or plays can one player have during a season. I feel like they lose all their meaning if the coaches just give them out like hotcakes

I think the Ohio State equipment manager actually maintains a board for award stickers with the requirements to earn each one listed. I'm sure if you do a YouTube search it might be there.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Does anyone have a side by side comparison of the new Seminole pattern compared to the old Seminole pattern for reference for everyone?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Am I the only one who really dislikes pride stickers? All they do is clutter up the helmet.

They don't look great on all helmets, but I've always been a fan of the tomahawks.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

http://buckeyefansonly.com/buckeyeleafcriteria.html

these just seem way too easy to get to me, and I'm sure other teams follow very similar criteria

"No turnovers and all possession changes must occur across 50 yardline so that our opponent begins their drive with more than 50 yard to go."

This is the most Tresselball thing ever.

6fQjS3M.png

I think they work for schools without logos. Ohio State for example. I just couldn't imagine those helmets without the pride stickers. They are almost like logos themselves.

If I ever played for them, I'd shape the buckeyes in the shape of the blokc "O" logo.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

If these are legitimate Seminole tribe symbols, then the uniform goes way up in my book.

They are legitimate Seminole tribal clothing patterns. The Seminole Tribe of Florida has a page on it. Here's the image they have of various patterns. You can see 'fire', 'arrow', and one of the two 'man on horseback' patterns that FSU adopted.

patchSAMPLE.jpg

Archived