Florida State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

STL_ArchMadness

The old logo wasn't bad. The new one isn't either. This wasn't a bad move by FSU.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The team tweeted out that the gold helmet with gold mask won't be worn. Apparently a Nike mistake.

https://twitter.com/FSU_Football/status/454763958184857600

Do we really think it was a Nike mistake, or FSU putting their foot down? I would have to think that someone from the design team would be at these promo photo shoots and would recognize the wrong face mask on a helmet.

I'm impressed with the restraint Nike showed through this process. The logo is an improvement. The old logo was fine for its era but it was embarrassingly dated. The new one still keeps the spirit of the old but brings it into the modern age quite well. The uniforms are impressive as well.

The collar design is nice but has the unfortunate issue of being at the mercy of the template. I've accepted that though so it's not a deal breaker. The shoulder design has potential to be classic like the Ohio State stripes. It doesn't look cheesy or like something that will need updating in 2 years. The numbers are consistent with the team font which is a plus, not typical Nike proprietary mess. The helmet is relatively untouched minus the crossing spears(cool!) and the alternate stuff(cool in limited use).

I'm very impressed with the changes here. It still has a modern feel without the gimmicks of the current college uniform landscape.

The team tweeted out that the gold helmet with gold mask won't be worn. Apparently a Nike mistake.

https://twitter.com/FSU_Football/status/454763958184857600

Do we really think it was a Nike mistake, or FSU putting their foot down? I would have to think that someone from the design team would be at these promo photo shoots and would recognize the wrong face mask on a helmet.

Is there a difference? Either way it's saying the same thing.

Alternate helmet appears to have black to red fade.

The information we had before hand was that it was solid garnet matte, with color-changing paint. The pictures kind of confirm that info. I don't think it's a fade, per se.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really like this new logo. Something very subtle I noticed is that it's not a perfect roundel. It seems like it's a misshapen circle a bit, which harkens back to the original, which also had a sense of being hand-drawn and not perfectly computer rendered. Nice little touch.

From the pictures i still can't tell if the "garnett" helmet is a black fade or not. I don't think it is.

But it does piss me off that i have seen 4 different helmets.

I believe the only 2 they will use are the:

- garnett + gold facemask

- gold + garnett facemask

but there are pictures of an all gold helmet and an all garnett helmet

GET YOUR :censored: TOGETHER NIKE

but cool uniforms

From the pictures i still can't tell if the "garnett" helmet is a black fade or not. I don't think it is.

But it does piss me off that i have seen 4 different helmets.

I believe the only 2 they will use are the:

- garnett + gold facemask

- gold + garnett facemask

but there are pictures of an all gold helmet and an all garnett helmet

GET YOUR :censored: TOGETHER NIKE

but cool uniforms

There is only 2 helmets tho

Why did the they model the same basketball uniforms they've been wearing?

As far as the football uniforms are concerned, the gold numbers on the road jersey is a mistake. Georgia Tech tried that a few years ago and immediately--after ONE GAME--changed back to darker numbers because spotters couldn't see them. Not sure how Oregon's people do it, but we will see if people complain about these.

The pattern update is GREAT. Regular home will look good each week.

As far as the football uniforms are concerned, the gold numbers on the road jersey is a mistake. Georgia Tech tried that a few years ago and immediately--after ONE GAME--changed back to darker numbers because spotters couldn't see them. Not sure how Oregon's people do it, but we will see if people complain about these.

G Techs gold numbers were a very pale gold not like theses numbers that are more vibrant and reflective. It will be much easier to see them.

Take a look at the live photos and you will notice the garnet face mask has the color change going on. Word around the camp fire is Jimbo vetoed the face masks. He made them switch the gold to the garnet shell and the garnet to the gold shell.

For the record, I love the new update. Tradition aside, the old one looked like what it really was. A doodle by a band teacher.

How shiny were GT's numbers? That may make a difference. Oregon's numbers are pretty neon looking. It seems FSU's numbers has that extra sheen.

Probably new hues of garnet and gold, plus the new logo is on the shorts. Florida State's basketball unis didn't need to be changed. They already featured the fonts that the football team switched to, and the sides of the unis already had the feather that's in the new logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived