Florida State Unveils New Logo and Uniforms

STL_ArchMadness

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All three together:

Bk-a768IIAAR2ht.jpg

The new spear is fine, the number font is fine, love the basketball and track outfits. I don't like the FSU football sleeves (too busy), the gold numbers on the white and garnet jerseys (should be white on the garnet and garnet on the white), and the look of the new primary logo. Just my opinion. The garnet helmet with the black alternate is fine. Garnet pants would look better with the white uniform. Part of the problem is if you take the helmet away, you can't really tell who they are anymore. FSU is just another school now whereas before they had an iconic uniform that they won 3 championships in.

Mind you I'm a Gators fan, and I just said that.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

All three together:

Bk-a768IIAAR2ht.jpg

Good:

-font (although the old one was nice too)

-gold numerals

-helmet seems "golder"

Bad:

-neck/shoulders patterns

-khaki pants (if that material can be used for numbers, why not pants?...probably too heavy :Oo: )

-black

-red helmet

To me the logo looks fine, and is probably better than the previous one. But I wonder if it's really THAT much better. IMO you're losing the tradition and history of past eras for a very minor change. I guess I feel like at least one element of classic uniforms should be untouchable.

Yeah I wish the pants were more gold and less khaki, and I also wish they put the new logo on both the left and right hips, instead of just the right hip.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The more I see these the more I love that new pattern. It's a bit of a stretch but I see that pattern being a modern take on the old trim of the old unis. Seeing as the new jersey cuts and style don't really have sleeve cuffs, using the sleeve itself to recreate/reimagine the trim is a nice nod to the past and a step foward.

Question: Does that collar not have flywire in it or did Nike find a way to design over the flywire? That was always my issue with the flywire stuff. A design pattern can't be on the collars because of the flywire.

Bk-ZGBRIcAASOpa.jpg

Can everyone see in the background of this photo, the billboard style image in the background?

If you look, there are leaders pointing to the different areas of the FSU pattern. You can clearly see fire and arrow labeled. Can anyone provide a full image of this showing what each level of the new Seminole pattern signifies?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The more I see these the more I love that new pattern. It's a bit of a stretch but I see that pattern being a modern take on the old trim of the old unis. Seeing as the new jersey cuts and style don't really have sleeve cuffs, using the sleeve itself to recreate/reimagine the trim is a nice nod to the past and a step foward.

Question: Does that collar not have flywire in it or did Nike find a way to design over the flywire? That was always my issue with the flywire stuff. A design pattern can't be on the collars because of the flywire.

That's actually what I thought about this being a modernized cuff/collar trim that the Noles have worn since the mid 90s.

And from what I've read, there WILL be garnet pants. And the tomahawks will remain on the helmets. Just get rid of those gold numbers and I'm starting to come around on these.

Bk-ZGBRIcAASOpa.jpg

Can everyone see in the background of this photo, the billboard style image in the background?

If you look, there are leaders pointing to the different areas of the FSU pattern. You can clearly see fire and arrow labeled. Can anyone provide a full image of this showing what each level of the new Seminole pattern signifies?

The middle section represents "man on a horse". The pattern is a legitimate Seminole tribe pattern. It's not something Nike just came up with.

FSU2.gif

I'll give FSU an 8/10.

They've managed to keep their identity, but some of the color combos need tweaking. The gold helmet/facemask has GOT to go. FSU needs those garnet facemasks. I don't mind the trim work on the neck and sleeves, but I think (like others have said) that the numbers should be white and garnet on the home and aways instead of gold.

I also LOVE how the spears cross on the back of the helmet - and that they cross LOW. Leaves plenty of room for pride stickers, which seems like FSU is one of only a handful of schools left that do that anymore (Ohio State, obviously). Wish more schools had helmet stickers.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

As an FSU fan and (hopefully) future student, I am very happy with the look. It's modern, sleek, but you still can clearly identify that it's FSU. They kept the great culture behind the Seminole image, but still managed to get a great flashy look that'll appear to the youth.

All the FSU Traditonalists that were pi**ed about the change that I know all seem pretty neutral on the change. So the biggest opposition to the change aren't devastated by the change, and everybody else seems happy about the move.

If they change the numbers to garnet and outline to gold on the white jersey, I think it'll look probably even better. There's more garnet on the uniform.

This definitely gives me some hope for Nike. I really wish Nike would've put this much focus into the Bucs uniform. This modern beauty shows how a uniform should look like. This is an individual look for an individual teams. The Bucs uniform just looks like a template mess compared to this. Expect college and high school teams to start using the Bucs new uniform template in a few years, this template FSU is using is strictly their own look.

Spear

Man on horse

Fire

Archived