OU-Texas now the "AT&T Red River Showdown"

JPDesign

Nebraska RAN from the Big 12. Couldn't compete.

The Big Ten is a much better conference...
Not on the field.

NU fled, plain and simple, can't compete.

So 4 schools left the conference because they couldnt compete? We leave you alone for 2 years and you let Baylor become the power team? Yikes

Nebraska RAN from the Big 12. Couldn't compete.

The Big Ten is a much better conference...
Not on the field.

NU fled, plain and simple, can't compete.

So 4 schools left the conference because they couldnt compete? We leave you alone for 2 years and you let Baylor become the power team? Yikes

Despite their horrendous history, Baylor would've torched Nebraska this last season. But I'm assuming your an A&M fan because of your handle so rest assured, TAMU's paltry pass defense would've been torched by Baylor as well.

Technically that guy has a habit of mentioning Nebraska in threads out of nowhere. Just an observation.

But since we're on the topic I'd like to use the Huskers as a prime example (among others like the Redskins) of why colored facemasks are an essential part of a uniform. There is no way we look at their lids and say they're better off with gray facemasks or another muted color like white.

Midway.png

Keep telling yourself that

They were consistently a top 4 team in the big 12

From top two in the Big Eight to top 4 in the Big 12, only one conference championship in football (two others lost to Texas)?

That's a downward slide.

p4Ut2be.png

Technically that guy has a habit of mentioning Nebraska in threads out of nowhere. Just an observation.

But since we're on the topic I'd like to use the Huskers as a prime example (among others like the Redskins) of why colored facemasks are an essential part of a uniform. There is no way we look at their lids and say they're better off with gray facemasks or another muted color like white.

Maybe because it's what I know. Apologies if people felt this was a threadjack, but my original point stands.

With schools like Nebraska and TAMU out of the Big 12, the only game that gets any national love will be the OU-UT game. Doesn't matter how terrible you think Nebraska or A&M are, games that featured NU or TAMU (and to a lesser extent, Mizzou) against the Sooners or Horns were typically nationally relevant and certainly relevant to the Big 12 standings.

The real point here is that short of a few Cinderella years by Baylor or maybe K-State, the Big 12 is a bit short of inventory these days. Nobody's lining up to watch the West Virginia - Texas Tech game.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived