Florida State Football Concept Attempt

Redsoxboi18

Long time reader and fan of the site but finally worked up the courage to post here. I saw the new logo and was disappointed like many others so i decided to tweak things but try and mix both concepts to make something more traditional but new at the same time.

This is my first time posting so please be gentle in your criticism as this took a lot of courage to post this stuff btw i apologize in advance about the sizes.

FSULogo_zps71fe5281.jpgFSUUni_zps442c7cf1.jpg

First of all, in my (inexpert) opinion, these are a great first concept and you shouldn't have any hesitation about posting. It's interesting to see a gold facemask on a gold helmet for the 'Noles, but in my opinion it takes a bit of "pop" away from an iconic football helmet. I'd love to see that small change go back to original, but keep the other tweaks to the helmet design (removal of the white in the spear worked well). Welcome (as a poster) to the boards!

Thanks guys. I initially wanted to add more like the current collar and sleeve pattern with what they have now, only problem is I couldn't find a good enough picture to use. I personally am not a fan of the gold on gold that has been described but I wanted to try and keep true to the description as best as I could.

I'm sitting here having a debate with myself as to whether or not you should add a gold outline to the numbers. Usually I would instantly choose the outline but I'm digging the simplistic feel. Maybe try an outline and see how it looks?

There is a gold border on the numbers lol. Sorry you can't see it very well.

I work in illustrator so I have to save out through photoshop in JPEG form. Kinda cuts the quality

Illustrator can export JPGs with a lot of compression options without the use of Photoshop.

Put feathers on the spears on the helmet. The shoulders/sleeves would look better with TV numbers instead of the same logo that's on the pants.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

In response to what was said about being worn this coming season, I am aware that's what's I based this all off of was the description that was posted earlier this week.

And I tried the feathers on the helmet but chose not to because I didn't like the look of it. But I will put the feathers back on the helmet and see what y'all think.

I'll also put the different stripes on the pants I originally posted as well. They are kinda like the stripes used in the pro combats fsu wore a few years back and I will post soon.

Thanks for the feedback though guys I appreciate it

Fix the collar. I doubt FSU gets rid of their unique collarmarks that signify the culture affiliated with the Seminoles. This look resembles Boston College way too much. Also, I think you need to work on changing the color even more, trying to return it back to what it once was. Get rid of the goofy border at least.

i made the font.lol. so i updated it with the blackout uni that apparently is a fan favorite so here it is with the changes i was going to make

FSUUni2_zpsff1c21b0.jpg

i think this is a really cool start. the impression i got from FSU is the spears would cross each other in the back of the helmet instead of meet together like that, which i think is a better idea. it should look like 2 spears on the helmet not a Darth Maul double ended spear.

the collar design for FSU has always been something special for them. i think what they have right now is pretty terrible, but i do like the idea of having some sort of pattern there. take a look at Native weaving patterns or wampum. theres better ideas in that than a feather thing i think. your name-on-back font is probably a bit too wide for that area. think about long names, something like Houshmenzadeh has to fit on there. just make it taller.

im not feeling the pants design. that large feather dominates the whole uniform and has no flow with the leg at all. its actually going the wrong direction. (think about how the Denver Broncos do their stripe). i think a better idea is to make a stripe out of the spear shaft and run that down the leg. then you get the repetition of that pattern from the helmet. or, if you find anything interesting for the collar design you could use it on the pants too

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived