Florida State Football Concept Attempt

Redsoxboi18

i made the font.lol. so i updated it with the blackout uni that apparently is a fan favorite so here it is with the changes i was going to make

FSUUni2_zpsff1c21b0.jpg

i think this is a really cool start. the impression i got from FSU is the spears would cross each other in the back of the helmet instead of meet together like that, which i think is a better idea. it should look like 2 spears on the helmet not a Darth Maul double ended spear.

the collar design for FSU has always been something special for them. i think what they have right now is pretty terrible, but i do like the idea of having some sort of pattern there. take a look at Native weaving patterns or wampum. theres better ideas in that than a feather thing i think. your name-on-back font is probably a bit too wide for that area. think about long names, something like Houshmenzadeh has to fit on there. just make it taller.

im not feeling the pants design. that large feather dominates the whole uniform and has no flow with the leg at all. its actually going the wrong direction. (think about how the Denver Broncos do their stripe). i think a better idea is to make a stripe out of the spear shaft and run that down the leg. then you get the repetition of that pattern from the helmet. or, if you find anything interesting for the collar design you could use it on the pants too

I like the feather on the pants, it creates a link to the basketball unis:

uspw_6704122-570x579.jpg

But I do think it should be turned around and on the black (unconquered) uni there should not be a white outline.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

So I made some changes and tried my best to recreate the unique collar and sleeve borders i know its not 100% accurate but hey i think yall will get the basic concept here. Anyways here you guys go. btw the white on white isnt intentional. just wanted to add a 3rd pant option.

FSUUni3_zpsb43eb808.jpg

Fantastic update. I wouldn't mind these. While the move seems kinda linear, it's obvious FSU and Nike wanted to make a change. If this is te type of change we receive, I wouldn't be too angry. I'm usually not a fan of colored numbers (non white) on colored jerseys but the Garnet fits well for some reason.

@Redsoxboi18 - Fabulous job on the concepts and its re-tweaks. I was wondering if you can re-do them again, but in terms of uniform combinations. The ones I've seen (based on this formula: jersey-on-pants) so far are the garnet-on-gold, the white-on-gold, the all-white, and the "infamous" (for some) Unconquered all-black. I was hoping to see the the all-garnet, the white-on-garnet, and the garnet-on-white combinations. Hope these help as a suggestion. But keep up the good work!

Florida State Seminoles fan for life (mostly on football, basketball and baseball)! 2011-12 ACC men's basketball conference tournament champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football Atlantic Division champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football regular season champions; 2012, 2013 & 2014 ACC football conference bowl tournament champions; 2014 NCAA D-I FBS BCS national champions!

Archived