Sign in to follow this  
Lafarge

UMass Lowell Riverhawks Rebrand

In the past, I've done a couple of series redoing the uniforms of Hockey East teams. In the process, I decided to get around to fixing the UMass-Lowell Riverhawks entire identity. The two time defending Hockey East champions' logo is currently a snarling hawks with teeth. My basic problem is that it looks like a blob, and has teeth, making it not really look like a bird at all.

My main goal was to update the logo to be more bird-like and modern. Not really much to say about it otherwise.

ScreenShot2014-04-06at45050PM_zps6b61d98

I also did a couple uniforms to go with the new design. They are much more modern than the current duds.

ScreenShot2014-04-06at45111PM_zpsb3ff584

(Click to Zoom)

C+C welcomed and encouraged

This is great. I don't know like the monochrome look at home, but it's really good!

I personally would use the primary for the crest, but the one you used isn't bad. I honestly don't like the jerseys at all, but that's my opinion. If you are going down the Modern route, and that style template, would use the Sens old third template, or something like it so the arms aren't stripeless. The logos are good too

As a Boston College fan I hate UML, but this is really nice and the logo is amazing.

Definitely a logo in need of a rebrand. I agree with a previous statement. A thicker white outline on the logo might help it stand out more on the Home Jersey. Whole thing looks great though.

Thanks for the comments so far, guys!

I personally would use the primary for the crest, but the one you used isn't bad. I honestly don't like the jerseys at all, but that's my opinion. If you are going down the Modern route, and that style template, would use the Sens old third template, or something like it so the arms aren't stripeless. The logos are good too

I initially wanted to go with the full crest as well, but I couldn't get it to work, I'll do another mockup with that original crest to show you what I mean. As for the overall design, I can look into something to improve the overall look, though I don't want to stray too far from what I have.

Definitely a logo in need of a rebrand. I agree with a previous statement. A thicker white outline on the logo might help it stand out more on the Home Jersey. Whole thing looks great though.

I'll also look into doing this as well, that could really make a difference.

Thanks for the C+C so far, I'd love to hear some more!

How did I miss that?! I think it's a really neat rebrand! I'd be proud to rock a jersey like that, as an alum.

Did you maybe try flipping the red and blue around? I think if you did that, you could further emphasize the "River".