RETROJR79

Did the Padres change logo?

"Did the Padres change logo?" is giving me the howling fantods. WHERE IS THEIR?!?

Taco Bell? Anyway, here's that logo mocked up in several different Padres color schemes:

13700934775_939d709d48_o.png

I like the brown/yellow and navy/orange the most.

I like the navy/sand and navy/orange the best.

Was it Leno or Letterman who joked: "In baseball news, the San Diego Padres announced they'll be changing their team colors to brown and yellow. Heck, they can save money on uniforms and just have them play games in their underwear"........Rimshot..."Ba Dum Ching".

I'd like to see the Padres pair the Brown from their past with the Powder Blue and Sand/Tan hues that they've used in more recent years. I think Brown as the primary color, Powder Blue as the secondary color, and Sand/Tan as the tertiary/accent color would be both unique and attractive.

I can't believe nobody here has ever hit upon this color scheme for the Padres:

13752673154_7c2f029b6d_o.jpg

Navy and yellow-gold. It may not work for the Chargers, but it presents a nice compromise of the modern and retro Padres looks.

"Did the Padres change logo?" is giving me the howling fantods. WHERE IS THEIR?!?

I knew I forgot something LOL

Navy and yellow-gold. It may not work for the Chargers, but it presents a nice compromise of the modern and retro Padres looks.

On its own I like it. Very Navy which makes sense.

But as a born and raised San Diegan over 40 years old, the Padres are brown/yellow, period. There's a very special place in my heart for that combo and any other colors just aren't right. I'm sure those of you on the board who are older, long time fans of teams, can appreciate that the colors you grew up with are the colors most special to you (just like good music).

So, Padres in blue, my team since they're in San Diego but I don't feel a special love for them. Padres in brown, that's the team I live and die with. (fine, I'm weird).

Padres in just brown and sand (or just brown and monochrome colors like white or gray) might be acceptable. IMO, brown/yellow and brown/orange looked awful and will always look awful though.

Could be on to something...

Hat_Baseball__US_Navy_CPO.jpg

In my opinion, brown and yellow are stunning and unique. Not all like that combo but its near and dear to many a San Diegan. My guess is the majority of those who don't like the combo didn't grow up fans of the Padres in the 70s and 80s.

To say that "the Padres are brown & yellow, period" is just false. They've been wearing navy now longer than they wore any combination involving brown.

Navy, sand, orange.

Apologies for the roughness of the work - I mocked this up in 3 minutes.

pDiz0m3.png

Original:

h5slc46gxvgdjnnu197no8zaq.gif

I think brown and gold are a great combination and the Padres inaugural set seems pretty substantial proof to me. If someone can't get beyond the "$#@% & piss" correlation, then maybe they need to grow up or go back to kindergarten.

Taco Bell? Anyway, here's that logo mocked up in several different Padres color schemes:

The Padres seriously need to go back to the brown and gold. Period.

That color scheme made them unique, but now they're just copying the Dodgers blue.

That color scheme made them unique, but now they're just copying the Dodgers blue.

Last time i checked the dodgers didnt wear navy, a lot of other teams wear navy but to compare them to the dodgers is just wrong.

But the Padres themselves first made the connection.

They admitted it when they dropped the orange from their color scheme.

unique_forks.jpg

I'm with you in that "unique" isn't always a virtue.

But brown and gold has the added benefit of being a very striking combination (the difference in hues creates a greater contrast, meaning the colors stand our more) as well as a very attractive one. In addition to being unique. That's what makes it such a great color scheme.