Did the Padres change logo?

RETROJR79

So they changed their primary again?! This is the third primary change in 3 years...can we say identity crisis?

Don't think so. they're still using the roundel with the Baseball club down at Petco Park. Not sure what the doofuses at EA sports are doing.

You know what's funny? EA Sports doesn't make a baseball game!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to say that "the Padres are brown & yellow, period" is just false. They've been wearing navy now longer than they wore any combination involving brown.

But not in a good or consistent way. The navy is more like trying on different shirts and then throwing them in the discard pile. They are constantly tinkering which shows they at least "get" that it's not working. No one look ever really takes. The brown and yellow were the original and most consistent look the Padres have ever had.

Again, if you did not grow up with the Padres in the 70s and 80s I can see how its difficult to understand the love for brown. As someone else mentioned, maybe it's just the names of the colors. Maybe today's fan needs some chic-y color names like Espresso and Pacific Sunset.

There are countless examples of sports logos and color schemes that I don't particularly like but that are loved by their fan bases. I don't try and convince them that what they love is bad. It's their reality, what they lived. There is a lot to be said for that.

Hate to break it to you, they never wore brown in any consistent way either.
Depends on how you classify it. Brown and yellow has been the most consistently used combo in their history.
BROWN (21 years)
1969-1973 - Original, best
1974-1977 - New script but still nice
1978-1984 - Rounded letterform look (orange added in 1980)
1985-1990 - New script, pinstripes and no yellow
COLOR COMBO LONGEVITY
1. Brown/Yellow (15 Years... 5 with orange too)

The only way brown and gold would fly with the Padres is if the Brown was dark (darker than what they used back in the day) and was outlined by the gold on the script/NOB/numbers. And I'm just basing that on the fact that the A's use gold and dark green and have one of the top three sets in the league.

So they changed their primary again?! This is the third primary change in 3 years...can we say identity crisis?

Don't think so. they're still using the roundel with the Baseball club down at Petco Park. Not sure what the doofuses at EA sports are doing.

Sigh... Thanks for reminding me. Maybe next year...

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Sigh... Thanks for reminding me. Maybe next year...
At least RBI Baseball is back!

Taco Bell? Anyway, here's that logo mocked up in several different Padres color schemes:

13700934775_939d709d48_o.png

I like the brown/yellow and navy/orange the most.

The Padres seriously need to go back to the brown and gold. Period.

That color scheme made them unique, but now they're just copying the Dodgers blue.

unique_forks.jpg
Yes, because having the vast majority of the league wearing the same color (navy) is so much better.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

MLB needs to get on top of this un-uniformity mess. Every team needs to use the same PMS 289 navy blue. Teams with long histories can grandfather in a minimal use of a secondary color (ie red for Red Sox) but within 10 years, every team needs to only use navy, grey, white. With so many colors you can't tell if your watching the MLB, Japanese league, or some South American team. MLB IS NAVY BLUE.

Archived