Oakland a's x-over hockey concept

IronChefShark

Again, though, why the word-based logo as the main logo?  Put the elephant there, and move the circles to the shoulders, and it'd be excellent.

They don't really look like the Seals if they don't have the roller derby stripes, though. ;)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Again, though, why the word-based logo as the main logo?  Put the elephant there, and move the circles to the shoulders, and it'd be excellent.

I don't remember the Oakland Seals jerseys, nor do I care much. But I do think Mockba makes a valid point again here. IMO either go with the elephant on the front (minus that extra green outline - it's repetitive; otherwise another excellent logo edit) or go with the "A's" look minus the outer circle containing the "Oakland Athletics" text.

However, StL's got it right when he says your getting real good at these x-over concepts. Keep it up, can you do the Jays or the Wpg Jets next (personal request)?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Given the generic name "Athletics" the name and logos cross over very well.  And yes, seeing as how the same man was responsible for the A's and the Seals both switching to the green and gold color scheme, I do note the similarity to the Seals' third set of uniforms.  I don't have a problem with the manner in which you crested the jerseys.  It's got a very 60's-70's feel to it which I presume you were going for.

I like these!  I especially like the nod to the Golden Seals.

I agree with the other comments that you have a knack for modifying the logos for hockey.

That being said, is there any chance we might be seeing a Mets x-over concept with Mr. Met on skates?  That would be great!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

I have to agree with the above posts about the logo. It would look great with the elephant logo on the front of the jersey. Once again a great design. Why can't you make a suck-ass design so I can actually tell you what I dislike about the jersey.  :;):  :D

frylock wouldnt mr met look odd playing hockey, considering that his head is a baseball?  :)

Hmm...  Maybe you could work your magic and turn it into a puck?  :P

This might be a bit of a challenge, but I'd love to see a Braves x-over concept with the tomahawk extended into a hockey stick...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived