Mountain West Football 2014

GriffinM6

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K, so I'll be that guy.

I don't see anything revolutionary here, and it's all a bit boring for my tastes. Feels very uninspired and color-by-numbers so far.

If you're going to drop into other threads and complain about good work not getting the appropriate amount of feedback, I'm expecting something solid. To be honest, the reason you're not getting any feedback (aside from comments like that) is because there's nothing to comment on here. It's all very safe and plain. It's clean, sure. But that doesn't make a good concept.

Push the envelope, Griff. Be original. This is a unique conference with some great mascots and unique identities. Horizontal shoulder stripes and back-of-helmet logos for everyone is safe and dull.

K, so I'll be that guy.

I don't see anything revolutionary here, and it's all a bit boring for my tastes. Feels very uninspired and color-by-numbers so far.

If you're going to drop into other threads and complain about good work not getting the appropriate amount of feedback, I'm expecting something solid. To be honest, the reason you're not getting any feedback (aside from comments like that) is because there's nothing to comment on here. It's all very safe and plain. It's clean, sure. But that doesn't make a good concept.

Push the envelope, Griff. Be original. This is a unique conference with some great mascots and unique identities. Horizontal shoulder stripes and back-of-helmet logos for everyone is safe and dull.

That's perfectly fine Doug. This is just the type of C&C I needed. I'll probably go back to the drawing board on this then, but I'm fine with that.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

K, so I'll be that guy.

That's perfectly fine Doug. This is just the type of C&C I needed. I'll probably go back to the drawing board on this then, but I'm fine with that.

And this, kids, is how this site works.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I really like where you are going with the Air Force update! It's great to see you take Doug's C&C the right way and go back to the drawing board.

Some thoughts on the new look:

Keep the helmet, that is a great idea that I don't think I've ever seen before, it works really well. Although if you're going to put the logo on the back I'd suggest mimicking Oregon and raising it a little bit higher so you can get the MW logo and Number under it. However, I think you could just eliminate the AF logo from the back and it would look just as good.

As far as the jersey goes, I like the idea but something is just off about it to me. I'd probably make the shoulder/chest stripes a little more tame, maybe try for a stripe that looks a little less wide and hooks around the sleeve, kind of similar to the Seattle Seahawks jersey. As for the pants, they look fine they way they are. Also I might go with a serif block font that would match the AF logo.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I've never seen an Air Force concept like that, it's sick! Also do you use paint?

No I use photoshop elements. It's a cheaper version of photoshop, but gets the job done just as good. These concepts would be damn near impossible to do in paint.

Also, I'd love to get a s/o on your IG page. My page is @uniconcepts as you probably know.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Here's Fresno State. I don't really like their bulldog logo. It's very generic, and doesn't belong on a helmet. I love heir baseball logo however, which is what I used here. I also used a font to match the logo, which is the same as the Reds. Triangles on the cuffs because of bulldog collars.

FresnoHome_zps199b2808.png

FresnoAway_zps8a7a8b25.png

FresnoAway3_zpse48dbe09.png

Blue alt will be posted later.

spacer.png

Archived