ING Direct is now Tangerine

nash61

BEFORE:

ING-Direct.gif

AFTER:

9127979.jpg

On November 5, 2013 ING Direct Canada revealed that its new name would be Tangerine with the new brand name to come into official use in the spring of 2014. The bank stated that the name change was the culmination of a year-long consultation process involving more than 10,000 people in qualitative and quantitative research.

Tangerine will continue to use the ‘Forward Banking’ tagline used by ING Direct Canada from 2012 onwards. Prior to 2012 ING Direct Canada had used the tagline ‘Save Your Money’.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Wow. The old logo had some strength and made them feel older and established.

The new name/logo feels new and fresh, but not in a good way. Feels like a start up, not something I look for in banking.

Mixed response from my views. I liked the established look of the old logo, but that lion was too detailed for my liking - maybe that's what gave it that old look. (Echoing what PCGD said basically). I'm gonna miss the Dutch accent "ING Direct.... Save Your Money"

For the Tangerine logo, I think it would be better if the T was lower case? no? that's just me? ok, moving on. What's really bugging me from the get-go is that the triangle thing has a tighter curvature than the "e" next to it. If they made that match up, it would definitely be a cleaner looking logo. Maybe the "Forward Banking" could be blue as a not to its origins? Also, this may be pushing it, but a little stem on the "i" may be interesting, you know to make it look like a tangerine? Or maybe on the "g" and have the leaf be part of the serif on it?

I do like the choice for the name though, at least that itself reflects its origins.

Archived