Miami Heat concepts

BrandMooreArt

so the next personal project i'm doing is a rebrand for the Heat. usually i don't get stuck in this phase of the process, but i'd really like some feedback on what direction to take this.

1.) HEAT WAVE

LmvXqgs.jpg

this direction is all about heat. it needs to look hot, sweaty, sexy, an emphasis on fire or maybe a red sunset. what i have for this right now is basically their current identity made "hotter". a brighter red and yellow with a splash of purple. the emphasis on uniforms here would probably be black and red. the logo shown here is what i have for now and is close to what i will end up with i think.

2.) NIGHT LIFE

nzLqdgS.jpg

this color palette is all Miami. taking color directly from the city. the primary color would be black, but have a few different trim colors. i could see an alternate uniform being a bright blue or purple.

- - - -

my concern for the firt concept is that it is too boring. it's just really close to their current look but being black and red just dosen't give them anything really special. theres a hundred sports teams that are black and red. my concern with concept two is that it is too far out there and might even look "girly". what do?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I think if you were to go with the Night Life approach it would look a bit like the Marlins, especially their logo, with just a bunch of different colors thrown in.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I can totally see both aspects, but I'm wondering if purple is the right choice for the "hot" option. The hottest part of a flame is blue or white, though. If you wanted to incorporate a "cool" color, I'd go that route myself. Blue and orange/red/yellow is a classic color combo, but set on black would make both of those colors pop.

To really set the look apart, I think the wordmark is going to be the strong selling point. You could incorporate flame into the wordmark itself - more than the single tendrilly-wisp of flame they've got now.

Heat is expansive and engulfing. You could practically envelop the whole thing in fire and it'd look great. Capture the "heat," capture the look. IE - the Bloomington Blaze.

4hlhs0exh4geexocyjbnp5hph.gif

You've got the chops to pull it off - I can't wait to see what you do with it!

I think I have to agree with Derschwigg. I might think about adding blue to the black, orange, red, yellow scheme. I'm thinking of something like an electric blue, like the shade of blue you have for the "night life" color scheme. I've seen your concepts and they are head and shoulders above anything I could ever conceive, so I trust you to come up with something great. I'm picturing a gradient in the style of those Arizona numbers with those colors but I'm drawing a blank on how to incorporate it. That's just my two cents.

Was there a logo on the first set? All I could see was the Heat Dancer! Talk about a focal point!! lol. But seriously, I love the logo concept. So much better than what they have. I do agree with nxche's post. I've never been a big fan of gradients in logos. They don't seem to translate well on printed or embroidered items. I prefer the Night Life color palette, but it might be too "trendy".

With the name "Heat" I'd have to say option 1, I personally believe that the "Nightlife" option actually kinda looks better (nice Lambo in the photo there) but it's not giving off a very Heat/Hot vibe. I agree with you about switching up the black & red though, it's way to boring of a color scheme with such an original name like Heat, bright yellows and oranges would have to do it for me.

Your work is awesome, so I can't wait for what comes next, I'll be following.

103scpl.jpg

Beautiful. The right hand vertical line on the basketball is frustrating me a little though. I'd suggest maybe making it not stray off if you know what I mean. I'd love to see the nightlife colors be used somewhere too. Purple might still look good on this look.

The logo is pretty cool actually. It's only so many ways to draw a flaming basketball and I wasn't expecting the way you did it. The only negative I see is that it may be a tad too long. As far as colors go, I think a happy medium is the old Floridians color scheme. Heat, as in fire, is there with the orange and the miami feel is there with the pink. Black ties it all together. The red can be there too to complement the orange. Like a sunset/rise.

The wordmark has potential but it's too broken up. Almost couldn't make out it said Heat. I would try a font with more solid shapes then customize with serifs that are more flame-like. The Detroit Lions current wordmark comes to me as the best way to describe that.

Yes! This is really turning up the heat.

I also like the wordmark very much although some are complaining that it is not that easy to read. I suppose that after one gets used to it you can't miss it. The photo and the wordmark are top notch.

But I feel that the logo falls behind. It still lacks some 'freshness'. Like a secondary color in order to bring a 3D Effekt to the ball. Also perhaps it has to be a different angle. And somehow it has a sperm-association that you have to get rid off. Or perhaps I have to. (But you were the one who brought up Miami nightlife ;o))

Although I also like the color palette you started with and that I would love to see an additional logo with those - I think that you are on the right track with the colors right now. But here again I think the wordmark is the one that has the better working colors.

All the best wishes

Daniel

Just a suggestion... Recreate the wordmark without the flames, in a different colour like white, then place the current wordmark (with the flames) over it. That way it is readable, and you can still have the first concept (which I think is spectacular.)

EDIT: Another note, the logo looks great, but the NBA requires the team name in the logo as well. Not sure if you wanted to keep continuity to the policies.

xOwzChW.jpg

Archived