Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, I edit my posts to add information, not to make you look bad, because I have no idea when you're going to reply.

I'm not trying to make fun of him, I'm trying to prove a point. There are plenty of Christians, Jews, Muslims, Atheists, etc. on this forum who don't flaunt their beliefs, and I have no problem with them. But if somebody is going to flaunt their beliefs, I'm going to get pissed as this is supposed to be a secular website. I realize I'm doing the same thing as him now, but in reverse, and I see the hypocrisy in that, but if somebody's going to flaunt their beliefs, then I will flaunt mine.

EDIT: Let's say it was 9/11 all over again. If somebody posted the Islamic Star and Crescent, I'm sure some would find it offensive.

First off, I edit my posts to add information, not to make you look bad.

I'm not trying to make fun of him, I'm trying to prove a point. There are plenty of Christians, Jews, Atheists, etc. on this forum who don't flaunt their beliefs, and I have no problem with them. But if somebody is going to flaunt their beliefs, I'm going to get pissed as this is supposed to be a secular website. I realize I'm doing the same thing as him now, but in reverse, and I see the hypocrisy in that, but if somebody's going to flaunt their beliefs, then I will flaunt mine.

Last thing before I feel we should bury this.

Is it supposed to be a secular website? I mean, we've had plenty of religious posts and threads here and there doesn't appear to be any rules about posts of religious nature.

deK8sJk.png

Show me a thread about religion. The only thing I can recall are threads involving LGBT issues, which lead to certain religious posters posting hateful comments towards members of the LGBT community.

Hell, even the political thread got tossed a long, long time ago.

EDIT: And FWIW, my Dad came from a Christian family (he even went to parochial school for grades K-8), and my Mother came from a Jewish family. These are all my beliefs, and no, I'm not a satanists or anything (even though I have nothing against satanists, as most people don't even understand the point of their philosophies.), I'm simply an atheist who is slightly an anti-theist.

No, I was more just generalizing and then you talked about the LGBT threads and I remembered most threads about something vaguely religious dive into it eventually. So there isn't any strictly religious threads, at least that I cared to look for.

deK8sJk.png

Okay here we go.

This is the hockey playoff thread. In it, we discuss the hockey playoffs, and certain tangentially items that come along.

IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, YOU WILL ALL REFRAIN FROM PERSONAL ATTACKS, BAITING OTHER MEMBERS INTO ARGUMENTS, AND BEING, IN GENERAL, INSUFFERABLE :censored:S.

Back to work. I have no problems shutting this thread down and starting a new one if you all can't abide by forum rules.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yeah, the only time religion is brought up is when it pertains to a Sports related issue, or in The Lounge, a current events issue. I'm sure if somebody created a "Bible Study" thread or something of the like, it would be taken down.

Anyways, back to hockey! Sorry Lee, I was just trying to defend myself.

Yeah sorry. I wasn't meaning it to go that far nor was it intended to be a personal attack but it obviously came off that way I guess.

---------------------

Corey Crawford has a police report for battery (some reports say assault) filed against him by a Kings fan who says that Crawford sprayed him in the face with a waterbottle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/corey-crawford-allegedly-sprays-kings-fan--who-files-police-report--tmz-161952696.html

deK8sJk.png

Yeah, well, Nathan Horton supposedly did the same kind of thing after Game 6 in the 2011 ECF in Tampa (although, in the interest of fairness, Tampa fans were being dicks throwing those...whatever those things are, on the ice). What did Horton do?

Only score the only goal in a 1-0 hockey game. Oh well.

spacer.png

I'm not gonna go Cujo here, even though I'm not a fan of these teams, but.... does anyone think Anaheim does this to Chicago?

Yes, emphatically. Series is over already if it's the Ducks. Always been kryptonite for the Hawks.

This whole thing is on our depth shriveling up and dying, plus Patrick Sharp's mystery injury making him categorically useless. Would have happened either way.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm hoping between today and Friday that veiled reports of Quenneville taking Versteeg out into the woods and shooting him begin to leak.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If I was a betting man, I would put money on Chicago going into LA and making the Kings sweat over a possible finale in Chicago on Sunday by pulling another come from behind win. I just can't believe Montreal has enough skill left at goalie to negate the clutch performance of St. Louis and crew in this postseason. Whoever comes out of the West will have a challenge for sure.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Really sucks that Martin St. Louis is having a "heroic performance" because his mom kicked it a few weeks ago. The way that the media lauds hockey's Designated Good Guys, they should in turn be calling him, now one of hockey's Designated Bad Guys, a prissy little bitch over and over and over. If the Rangers expressed reservations about going to his mom's funeral but then all went anyway, would he have to demand another trade to one specific team? Piss up a rope.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived