Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo seems like it's always #3 in Finals ratings behind the two cities that are actually playing. I think we may have even beaten a participant city semi-recently. It'd be nice if we got to win one of these things...

It's really remarkable how well Buffalo does in the TV ratings, despite having a sub-par NHL team of their own and not having the raw number of general hockey fans other cities have. Between them and Cleveland, I really do not know who deserves a sports championship more, but man will that day be so precious to either of that city's people.

The arrogance is there with Kings fans.

Someday, they're going to fail and show up for an elimination game.

Enjoy it while you can- nothing lasts forever. Even the Habs stopped winning Cups at some point back then.

This team has a horseshoe shoved so far up its ass... Unbelievable.

Yeah, I've heard that phrase before, oh yeah, that's what Kevin Harvick said about 6 Time Champion Jimmie Johnson. That's what good teams have, luck. The harder you work, the luckier you get. It's something lazy people can't figure out. Shocking that the best left winger in the NHL was nicknamed, "Lucky". Yes, Luc Robitaille was lucky because he worked his arse off. That's what this Kings team does.

You're right. The Kings worked so so so valiantly hard to make the puck bounce on Girardi having him stumble to his knees and throw it up the boards. Good hard work you plucky Kings. Way to go. Top marks.

Wait! Do I hear crying from a Ducks fan who's team got embarrassed in game 7 at home and looked like a bunch of pee-wees? Yep. You sit there and be bitter watching the Cup finals wishing that the Ducks had men on the team that could play the game when it counted. I hear Teemu's a great broadcaster now. Again, I'll take the hard work, the luck, and the Cup and you keep crying that your team is filled with a bunch of pee-wees who refuse to show up when it matters.

Classy.

Also has nothing to do with what I was talking about. (But then again, hey, it's an oddball post. What did I expect?)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Buffalo seems like it's always #3 in Finals ratings behind the two cities that are actually playing. I think we may have even beaten a participant city semi-recently. It'd be nice if we got to win one of these things...

It's really remarkable how well Buffalo does in the TV ratings, despite having a sub-par NHL team of their own and not having the raw number of general hockey fans other cities have. Between them and Cleveland, I really do not know who deserves a sports championship more, but man will that day be so precious to either of that city's people.

They're not really a "sub-par" team. In spite of their recent horribleness, the Sabres have been a pretty competitive team for most of their existence. They've only missed the playoffs 14 out of 43 seasons... 5 of those times in the last 7 years. They're an OK organization that has just gone off the rails.

Even the Habs stopped winning Cups at some point back then.

Someday I'm going to tell my grandkids that yes, there was a time ages ago when teams from Canada actually won the Stanley Cup. They'll be shocked for a bit, then go back to watching the San Diego Gulls vs. the San Francisco Seals in the Western Conference Final.

This team has a horseshoe shoved so far up its ass... Unbelievable.

Yeah, I've heard that phrase before, oh yeah, that's what Kevin Harvick said about 6 Time Champion Jimmie Johnson. That's what good teams have, luck. The harder you work, the luckier you get. It's something lazy people can't figure out. Shocking that the best left winger in the NHL was nicknamed, "Lucky". Yes, Luc Robitaille was lucky because he worked his arse off. That's what this Kings team does.

You're right. The Kings worked so so so valiantly hard to make the puck bounce on Girardi having him stumble to his knees and throw it up the boards. Good hard work you plucky Kings. Way to go. Top marks.

To be fair, that second Rangers goal was pure luck. Luck tends to even out over time, whether it be short- or long-term.....

It's really remarkable how well Buffalo does in the TV ratings, despite having a sub-par NHL team of their own and not having the raw number of general hockey fans other cities have.

Tie down your head so I don't blow your mind here, but don't you suppose that such strong television ratings are evidence of having a large number of general hockey fans?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Enjoy it while you can- nothing lasts forever. Even the Habs stopped winning Cups at some point back then.

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/

Take the opportunity. It will be good for you.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

http://www.legion-recrute.com/en/

Take the opportunity. It will be good for you.

What about:

http://www.mars-one.com/faq/selection-and-preparation-of-the-astronauts/what-are-the-qualifications-to-apply

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It's really remarkable how well Buffalo does in the TV ratings, despite having a sub-par NHL team of their own and not having the raw number of general hockey fans other cities have.

Tie down your head so I don't blow your mind here, but don't you suppose that such strong television ratings are evidence of having a large number of general hockey fans?

That raised my eyebrow as well, but I think he meant that Buffalo just isn't very big compared to most markets.

Good job Rangers. Now don't let this one slip away like the last 2-0 lead.

It's Lundqvist and their speed causing problems again. (And the Rangers getting a bit inside the LA defense and just beating Quick.) The Rangers can definitely win. Just have to emphasize their advantage in those areas.

We all know how this ends.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Kill this team.

Kings got away with goalie interference on that last goal.

I have absolutely no idea what is and isn't goaltender interference in this league anymore.

This title run is clearly a divine reward, Zach. I've seen it in the unholy alignment of the starry night, swirling demons underfoot as the cursed moon vomits forth the 2013/14 Los Angeles Kings. No Ranger lead shall stand nor Ranger goalie name go unchanted.

The gnarled hoof of Lucifer beckons the cup ever closer to it's eventual resting place within the ashen ruins beneath the Staples Center. The eventuality of this wretched destination, reeking of brimstone and smoking flesh, grows more manifest by the hour.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is Rick Nash relevant any more?

Not since his time in C-Bus. In fact, may "Blue Jacket greats" are playing in this series. Turns out, Columbus is quite the farm system.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived