Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Is Rick Nash relevant any more?

Not since his time in C-Bus. In fact, may "Blue Jacket greats" are playing in this game. Turns out, Columbus is quite the farm system.

The number of ex-Blue Jackets is staggering. Nash, Brassard, Gaborik, Moore, Stralman, Carter, and Dorsett.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NHL offseason/Rite of Spring threads are making Cujo and Morgo out to be the most glittering of board sophisticates.

Suck it Nash! Suck it Lundqvist! Suck it Rangers!!! Suck it New York City!!!

1cc939ee_dx.gif

I see the chariot of forum chivalry needs a 3rd seat.
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I feel like we're witnessing some truly incredible stuff, and I don't mean that in the context of "LA Kings winning their second Cup in three years".

Los Angeles has won three straight games where-in:

*They trailed by two goals

*They did not lead any game for a second

*All three games went to overtime

The mathematical odds of accomplishing this has to be astronomical. I know I can't recall ever seeing anything like this before.

Sorry Rangers, but I can't see them winning this series at this point. Just imagine when Los Angeles stops digging two-goal leads for themselves to erase? If it's 2-2 going back to Staples, I'll be really impressed. I think 3-1 is the most likely scenario.

spacer.png

Gotta love this series, two even teams just playing pond hockey, last goal wins. I knew the Rangers were good just to get here, but I'm impressed by them. I haven't seen the Rangers since the first game of the year against the Kings, but I'm very impressed by both Kreider and Zuccarello. Love watching those two play. If the Kings win this, the will have earned it.

Rangers could just as easily been up 2-0 rather than down 0-2.

Gotta take both in MSG, and they can. (Plus we know these Kings don't like to close it down quickly.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I still believe in the Rangers.

After I saw Boston drop 2 heartbreaks 3 years ago in Vancouver, I'm not calling it over.

And Jonathan Quick... 4 goals is 4 goals. At some point, the goals are going to dry up.

This doesn't seem sustainable.

The crime for everyone in this series is highly underestimating New York's speed. Simple dump-outs and throw-ups are being utilized by the Rangers to confuse the Kings and are making LA do the stupidest things possible (like Quick going behind the net eventually leading to the 4th New York goal). And yes, just like 2012, it could have been 0-2 Kings in the series after overtimes in Games 1 and 2, but it isn't. Rangers just ran out of gas tonight, as LA won the endurance test.

What I worry now is that we might see a virtual replay of 2011, where the team with HIA (Canucks, Kings) were gassed and lucky as hell to win the first two games at home, and were promptly obliterated on the road in Games 3 and 4 (Bruins, Rangers). We shall see what next week and two games at Madison Square Garden bring.

Ugh.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The crime for everyone in this series is highly underestimating New York's speed. Simple dump-outs and throw-ups are being utilized by the Rangers to confuse the Kings and are making LA do the stupidest things possible (like Quick going behind the net eventually leading to the 4th New York goal). And yes, just like 2012, it could have been 0-2 Kings in the series after overtimes in Games 1 and 2, but it isn't. Rangers just ran out of gas tonight, as LA won the endurance test.

What I worry now is that we might see a virtual replay of 2011, where the team with HIA (Canucks, Kings) were gassed and lucky as hell to win the first two games at home, and were promptly obliterated on the road in Games 3 and 4 (Bruins, Rangers). We shall see what next week and two games at Madison Square Garden bring.

Why exactly are you bringing up things that don't matter? Are the Kings the 2011 Canucks? No. The Kings have players that have won the Cup two years ago, and they don't have Alain Vigneault as head coach. And who's to say the Rangers aren't out of gas? You can't compare series, and you deffinately can't compare teams that aren't the same. Haven't you ever heard Darryl Sutter when people mention the 2012 Kings. His response is, "This is a different team." I don't give a rat's arse what the Canucks did in 2011, this is the 2014 LA Kings, they win a game and look forward to win the next one. End of story.

And let's not forget the very much overlooked detail when it comes to a team being tired that THE RANGERS PLAYED EXACTLY ONE LESS GAME IN THE POSTSEASON THAN THE KINGS! So, I don't see how either team's going to have an advantage one way or another in terms of fatigue level.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived