the admiral

Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

Technically a king is just an archaic concept from the antiquated monarchical system of government. In America we elect our leaders!

Technically a king is just an archaic concept from the antiquated monarchical system of government. In America we elect our leaders!

How's that working out for ya? :upside:

8 teams finished with more points than the Kings during the regular season. While they may not have been a juggernaut, they were more formidable than some are claiming.

Or you could say that they weren't in the 50th percentile of playoff teams. Point is, the regular season is worthless. Make sure to buy NHL Gamecenter, though!

So the two best teams in this postseason, more-or-less, were the two best possession teams in the NHL this season.

Heh. Funny how that works.

About the only mutual deficiency about those teams is that they are overpaying for their goaltending. In the grand scheme of things, that's a small problem relative to what many other teams in the NHL are dealing with right now.

But is possession the cause of being good, or is it a result of being good?

I hope that if the Kings win, it will be either tonight or Game 6. I really don't want to see them lift the cup in front of those Diehard Since 2012 fans at the Staples Center.

Rangers draw first blood, which means the Kings have got this one in the bag.

Well Alain Vigneault just earned himself a free Netflix subscription.

If not for Lundqvist, the Kings are coasting to the Cup.

As well as he's been playing, I'm not sure the Rangers wanna squat on this lead. This LA attack is on the verge of getting one by.

LA's gonna tie it.

EDIT: My hockey ESP fails me again.

Edited by FGM13

Lundqvist played like a freaking god tonight!

He's going to need to replicate this 3 more times, with a some additional luck, for the Rangers to have any real shot at closing this series.

After this game, Rangers fans need to officially retire the "puck luck" and "refs" excuses.

One down, only three to go. :hockeysmiley:

Yeah those crappy Rangers fans sure suck ass.

The Kings have been a team of streaks in these playoffs, which if that holds, it would not surprise me if the Rangers win four in a row to take the cup.

The Kings have been a team of streaks in these playoffs, which if that holds, it would not surprise me if the Rangers win four in a row to take the cup.

Well they only need to win three in a row now :P