Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Who can't love Carcillo and the Double Bird? Defining moment of the Eastern Conf Playoffs for sure.

Bl4QOizCYAI_D7r.jpg

Part of this for me is that Philly fans are all a bunch of jerkoffs and New York fans aren't exactly awesome either.

Seriously? Chanting "YOU SOLD OUT" because Cano took a bigger contract? Hypocrites, as Mockba loves to say.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonathan Cheechoo is from my favorite hometown I've ever heard anybody be from: Moose Factory, Ontario.

That is why he was one of my favorite players. cool name and from the greatest name for a town in all of Canada.

Close, but the best is Happy Valley Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador

Just my opinion, Moose Factory is better. But Happy Valley-Goose Bay is pretty good too.

Who can't love Carcillo and the Double Bird? Defining moment of the Eastern Conf Playoffs for sure.

Bl4QOizCYAI_D7r.jpg

Great moment, but at some point the games need to be entertaining.

BB52Big.jpg

Bl4QOizCYAI_D7r.jpg

Nah.

Rooting for the

• Rangers, because Philly fans are all a bunch of jerkoffs
  • Sharks, because Cujo's anti-Shark tweets are annoying
  • Wild, because I fear MacKinnon
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Rooting for the

Rooting for the

• Rangers because :censored: the Flyers and their fans. (this goes all the way back to a near fist fight at a bar in Ocean City, MD during the 1997 Eastern Conference Finals. Flyers fans went out of their way to start :censored: with the Rangers fans in the bar.)
  • Sharks for two reasons a.) the same reason you are. b.) I can't wish another playoff choke on their fans.
  • Wild because I like them better.

EDIT: Do I score any validation points with the Admiral for that reference to the '97 Eastern Conference Finals? B)

BB52Big.jpg

Rags survive to face Penguins. Off to Wild/Avs.

twitter

Didn't take long. Avalanche up 1-0. Stupid early power play.

twitter

The topic of Henrik Lundqvist being a playoff choker comes up every time New York gets eliminated.

Well, in his career, he's played in five Game 7's. New York is 4-1 in those games, and Henrik has only allowed five goals in five games. He's as clutch as they come. His situational awareness is off the charts.

spacer.png

You know, I was a Sharks fan for like a day back in 1997. I thought they had the coolest logos and uniforms. It wasn't something that stuck with me, not being from northern California. Still, I like to think that I would always kinda-sorta like them, wish them well, and be happy when they succeed had it not been for the internet. Now don't get me wrong. Bucsfan56, puckguy, and ninersdd are all rational, educated fans and seem like good guys. Actually all of the Sharks fans who post here seem like good guys.

Between the "our team is great, why won't you all recognize how great it is?" sentiment from segments of the off-board fanbase and ICS' cyber-bullying? Well they kind of forever tainted my view of the Sharks. Plus they refuse to wear teal in the playoffs, and that was like half the reason I liked them back then anyway. So...go Kings.

You know, I was a Sharks fan for like a day back in 1997. I thought they had the coolest logos and uniforms. It wasn't something that stuck with me, not being from northern California. Still, I like to think that I would always kinda-sorta like them, wish them well, and be happy when they succeed had it not been for the internet. Now don't get me wrong. Bucsfan56, puckguy, and ninersdd are all rational, educated fans and seem like good guys.

Between the "our team is great, why won't you all recognize how great it is?" sentiment from segments of the off-board fanbase and ICS' cyber-bullying? Well they kind of forever tainted my view of the Sharks. Plus they refuse to wear teal in the playoffs, and that was like half the reason I liked them back then anyway. So...go Kings.

Regardless of the outcome, Zach's going to be giving you some great show material for a couple weeks ;)

VmWIn6B.png

You know, I was a Sharks fan for like a day back in 1997. I thought they had the coolest logos and uniforms. It wasn't something that stuck with me, not being from northern California. Still, I like to think that I would always kinda-sorta like them, wish them well, and be happy when they succeed had it not been for the internet. Now don't get me wrong. Bucsfan56, puckguy, and ninersdd are all rational, educated fans and seem like good guys.

Regardless of the outcome, Zach's going to be giving you some great show material for a couple weeks ;)

I'm looking forward to that :D

Antti up! Let's go Sharks!

Antti-Niemi-Stanley-Cup1_zpsa83aa449.jpg

:upside:

As delightful as it would be for the Sharks to spit the bit tonight, they have too much talent on the roster for that to happen. I expect them to win an anti-climactic game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

<p>

Bl4QOizCYAI_D7r.jpg

Nah.

Rooting for the

We aren't all jerkoffs.

As delightful as it would be for the Sharks to spit the bit tonight, they have too much talent on the roster for that to happen. I expect them to win an anti-climactic game.

Yeah, but wouldn't you have said the same thing about losing three games in a row to even get to a game 7?

Archived