Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was disappointing. But overall, an incredibly over achieving season for the Avs. Hopefully they can build on it next year.

Besides Matt Cooke, I really like the Wild. I hope they get past the Hawks in the next round.

jNTsTyQ.png

Figures the worst year of my life starting with Chicago winning again, might as well end that way.

What a :censored:ing joke. I hate everything.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

the worst year of my life

wanna talk about it bro? :(

Meh, I'll save this from becoming the "Grinds Your Gears" thread, but yea, my apartment got broken into and I've been dealing with neurotic people at work, as well as other little things. Usually I bounce back pretty well, but even since last July, I've just had a series of unfortunate events even Lemony Snicket would have to marvel at. That's part of the reason why the loss sucks, I was kind of hoping for a deeper run so maybe I could cheer something good for a change. I guess when it rains, it truly does pour.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I'm actually quite intrigued by Wild/Blackhawks. Don't write this one off as some easy 'hawks victory.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Meh, I'll save this from becoming the "Grinds Your Gears" thread, but yea, my apartment got broken into and I've been dealing with neurotic people at work, as well as other little things. Usually I bounce back pretty well, but even since last July, I've just had a series of unfortunate events even Lemony Snicket would have to marvel at. That's part of the reason why the loss sucks, I was kind of hoping for a deeper run so maybe I could cheer something good for a change. I guess when it rains, it truly does pour.

Ah, geez, that sucks. As a neurotic person, I realize what I subject others to, and so I empathize. Not that it mitigates anything, but I can tell you from personal experience that sports championships don't make things better for long. It's great, then it's gone, world keeps turnin'. But I do hope things get better for you. Past the trash talk, we're all in this together!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm actually quite intrigued by Wild/Blackhawks. Don't write this one off as some easy 'hawks victory.

That's the thing is that you guys have won the benefit of the doubt when forecasting the series. Like I said I would be very surprised if it went past 5 games.

Also I will admit that I always wanted to see an LA-ANA series. But not like this. :(

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Matt Cooke, Dany Heatley, the 96 million dollar mercenaries. Boring Yeo. A style of hockey stifling 5-6 potential 35-goal scoers.

Yeah, there's a team I can root for.

The Minnesota Mercenaries, the WAKE US UP IN APRIL LA Kings and, well, the defending champs. Go Anaheim.

Man, the 2nd round could have been all-time epic. I mean, Wild-Blackhawks? YAWN. Kings-Ducks? Not feeling it. Penguins-Rangers? Meh.

Matt Cooke, Dany Heatley, the 96 million dollar mercenaries. Boring Yeo. A style of hockey stifling 5-6 potential 35-goal scoers.

Yeah, there's a team I can root for.

The Minnesota Mercenaries, the WAKE US UP IN APRIL LA Kings and, well, the defending champs. Go Anaheim.

Man, the 2nd round could have been all-time epic. I mean, Wild-Blackhawks? YAWN. Kings-Ducks? Not feeling it. Penguins-Rangers? Meh.

It's good to see you're diversifying your hate.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How to put this Sharks collapse in one gif:

ku-xlarge.gif

I think that works.

I have a more fitting one, but it involves Kelly Wells and I'd probably get banned for posting it here.

For anyone who actually watched the end of that game (I sure as hell didn't), please tell me the fans booed the s**t out of the sharks as they left the ice.

Watching the CSNCA feed it was hard to tell since Randy and Drew decided they wanted to chat away about the historic defeat. From what I could tell was a smattering of boos as the Sharks saluted their fans at center ice, followed by some cheers. Kind of a mixed bag.

Btw- I'll tKe any free Sharks gear anyone is throwing away. It's like a mass panic on Facebook of fans jumping ship.

I've been a fan since the Sharks came into the league and I'm not going to stop rooting for them because of another playoff exit. They will eventually get a Stanley cup, but they will need to Dig deep and find what is causing these meltdowns in the playoffs.

I hope to be their public address announcer next season, you know if that position is available :)

Comeback Complete.Outstanding job CuJo.

Cause CuJo Knows!!

Thank you?

There's nothing to say about the Kings but UNREAL!!! A comeback for the ages! But still, this was only Round One and the Ducks are going to be a hell of a challenge. I really look forward to the "Freeway Faceoff". (Ehh, not a fan of that name.)

And as for the Sharks' roster, GM and entire coaching staff, it needs to be nuked harder than Donald Sterling. This just ain't working.

No Problem....That was actually for your avatar.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the San Jose Sharks' organizational mindset. Ten straight years in the playoffs and here's how it's gone each time:

04 - won division, made it to conference finals. Lost to Calgary

06 - 2nd in division, lost in second round to Edmonton

07 - 2nd in division, lost in second round to Detroit

08 - won division, lost in second round to Dallas

09 - won division 1 seed in west, lost in first round to Anaheim

10 – won division, swept in conference finals by Chicago

11 – won division, lost in conference finals to Vancouver 4-1

12 - 2nd in division, lost in first round to St. Louis

13 - 3rd in division, lost in second round to Los Angeles

14 - 2nd in division, blow 3-0 lead in the first round against Los Angeles

So this is only the third time in ten years that they've lost in the first round. That's fewer times than I would've guessed.

I was pulling for Philly to beat the Rangers because the Penguins seem to have no problem with New York, but have loads of trouble with the Flyers. Now I have to hope for Rick Nash, Derek Brassard, Derek Dorsett, John Moore, Anton Stralman, and :censored:ing Scott Arniel to get to the conference finals. Ugh that sucks.

How about Minnesota? No really how about them, I have no opinion one way or the other on that team. Bryz is wacky and putting him in in the third actually worked. Bold move. I guess congrats that spending truckloads on Parise and Suter actually sort of worked.

The Avalanches will be back.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This may be my last post in this thread because I literally have no one I can root for anymore. Fans of teams that are still in the race, good luck! Can't wait until October when I have two weeks of solid optimism that the Flyers can win a cup.

Archived