NHL Defunct Teams - Cleveland Barons, Nordiques, Tigers, Whalers, Seals, Thrashers, Scouts + Rockies.

aph7824

Hi,

I'm going to be doing a series here of all of the NHL defunct teams that have not been replaces by a team... PLUS the rockies. Cleveland hasn't been replaced - Columbus is not cleveland. Seals - San Jose is not Oakland or SF.

With that being said, I am a huge fan of constructive criticism on this board so please help me make these better.

Starting with the Cleveland Barons. So - to be honest, I had to google what a baron really meant in its most literal form and even then had to find a logo that set the time period of use in the etymology. I found that the top hat guy is the most unique without using anything like kings (LA) or knights / spartans / trojans (over used in sports). Also did not want to look too motzart-ish.

I also want to use the state to associate the team with the state of ohio. To do this - I simplified the state to an abstract shape with a baron "stretching" the state.

Anyways here is the Cleveland Barons Primary:

clevelandbarons_zps7ed22af6.jpg

Lines and details are too small, work them bigger. You can exaggerate to get the point across, can keep the readability of the design.

Thanks for the positive feedback - I hope you take a look at my updated images.

a zombie/baron

My first thought was, "robot."

I also don't understand the shape of the crown of the hat. Why does it slope down in the back like it was a fire helmet?

Yes, the fire helmet look really bugged me now that you pointed it out. I hope my next rendition shows this fixed. Thank you for pointing that out.

Good idea man. Can't wait to see all of these!

the idea isn't bad but you have to make a better face and eyes because it looks like a zombie.

a zombie/baron

Thank you for your comments and what areas to look like. I still want to achieve a "tough" look...

Updated: clevelandbarons1_zpsf7effa48.jpg

Archived