New Atlanta Falcons concept

oldschoolvikings

I like the idea of the helmet, but it just doesn't work well. Doesn't work like Seattle at all. The rest of the uniforms look like the current set except with the randomness having some purpose.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I'd elongate the detailing on the Falcon. Other than that, it's a nice modern take on the Falcons (admittedly, I'd prefer a fauxback look for them, but I really like the modernism).

Me, too. The Falcons' throwback is one of my favorite uniforms ever. Period. I was just struck by the thought of making the logo into a wrap-around, and then the uniform kind of designed itself around it. Its funny that it looks a bit like their current uniform, since I am no fan of it.

overall this is pretty solid. the execution of the helmet design could be a bit better and maybe that just means bringing the white stripes all the way to the back. but every piece has repetition of shape and color. theres a unity here that some of your concepts have lacked in the past. this may be your best one yet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

overall this is pretty solid. the execution of the helmet design could be a bit better and maybe that just means bringing the white stripes all the way to the back. but every piece has repetition of shape and color. theres a unity here that some of your concepts have lacked in the past. this may be your best one yet

The biggest problem I see is that the connected helmet diminishes the greatest asset of the Falcons logo -- the "F" shape. The shape is still there a little bit, but in my opinion, you lose that obvious clarity.

The biggest problem I see is that the connected helmet diminishes the greatest asset of the Falcons logo -- the "F" shape. The shape is still there a little bit, but in my opinion, you lose that obvious clarity.

thats a good point. with this new helmet design, you could go as far as creating a new logo. take out the red and white lines inside and place an actual F in there. then leave the left side blank. hows that for modern and forward thinking? :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

That's funny that you mention that. Every time someone brings up the 'F" shape I have an "oh, yeah, that" moment. Otherwise I never think about it. I guess for me at least, it really isn't all that obvious. On top of that, even if you do see it, its gone on the left side.

I'm really not a fan of these helmets or the jerseys. The helmet reminds me too much of what I don't like about Jags' helmets with two different sections having different colors. Also, just because the Bucs have a huge logo on their helmet doesn't mean it was a good idea or that it should be a trend that others should follow. The Falcon really isn't "closed" in the back.

As for the jersey, the black jerseys have too much red in them with the red sleeves and the red wings across the front and back. The Falcons would look better in black if the jerseys were closer to being solid black. The amount of red added defeats the purpose of even having black jerseys. I don't mind the extra designs and extra red as much on the road whites though; they kind of remind me of all the elements I like about the Bengals' white jerseys.

I actually like the pants with the wing stripe but I do have some suggestions for them. First, invert the red and white on the stripe on those black pants. Second, pair up the white pants with the white jersey. I've always felt the Falcons have one of the best white/white looks in the league while the black pants would be better suited for either the red or the black jerseys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived