Orlando Football Concept (Story and Logos)

MR. 3G

I don't know quite where I going with the concept but I like the story thus far. If anybody has any ideas for me graphic wise or story wise please let me know...

I am still very green when it comes to this, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Don't rake me over the coal to bad please!

aerial.jpg

Pro football comes to Orlando!

By Rich Garrett

Orlando Tribune

4:24 p.m. EDT, March 13, 2014

ORLANDO — It's been announced that current Luchtvaart Aerospace Software © and Aero Barrage Magazine © founder, Michael Myers, has been awarded a pro football franchise. The former Northrop Grumman Vice President said Tuesday, "This has been a dream of mine for quite sometime! I grew up a vivid football fan, and now I think I've reached the ultimate moment in fandom."

Myers stated that the team has already reached a deal with City of Orlando and Orlando Venues to have the team play at the newly renovated Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium.

Myers stated that they still need to make some renovations to the adjacent Tinker Field. "We plan on demolishing the current Tinker Field press box and stands and build an all new team facility where we will house our coaching staff, and support staff offices, as well as, a state of the art training and weight room for the players. We will convert the current Tinker field playing surface into a practice field for the team" Said Myers, on Tuesday.

As for logos and team colors, Myers stated that they would play homage to the "first pro football team in Orlando" the Orlando Breakers, of the hit 1989-1997 TV show "Coach." As for logos, Myers was undecided as of yet. "We're reaching out to various design firms to see what comes about, as of now."

One thing is for sure football is back in "The City Beautiful"!

E-mail Rich Garrett at rgarrett@orlandotribune.com

----------

image.png

Break out the champagne!

By Rich Garrett

Orlando Tribune

2:21 p.m. EDT, April 10, 2014

ORLANDO — "Bring in" was more like "Break in" on Thursday afternoon at the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium. As new team owner Micheal Myers announced that the new team would indeed be named the Orlando Breakers!

Myers, reached out to Barry Kemp the creator and producer the hit ABC series "Coach" about using "Orlando's first football team" as the identity for well...Orlando's first football team.

Myers, the current Luchtvaart Aerospace Software © CEO stated, "Mr. Kemp has been wonderful and generous throughout this whole process, and we appreciate his cooperation with us".

Not long after that Myers contacted New Orleans real estate mogul Joseph Canizaro. Canizaro was taken aback by Myers call, but entertained him nonetheless. It was then that Myers informed him of the reasoning for contacting him.

" I informed him that as young kid, the first football game I attended was a Boston Breakers game. By that time Mr. Canizaro immediately knew what I wanted to do".

What Myers wanted to do was get the blessing to purchase the trademarks to the former USFL Breakers franchise. And Canizaro gave him just that. "I was thrilled he asked for my permission" Canizaro said on Thursday via phone.

The Breakers will use the "Coach" TV Series colors as their primary and use the USFL team colors for throwbacks and other special occasions.

You can visit the Citrus Bowl stadium on Friday at 8PM for the special public unveiling. There you can purchase items with both the new, and throwback Breakers logo.

E-mail Rich Garrett at rgarrett@orlandotribune.com

---------------------------------------------

Lol Im started to believe this story. Interesting logo, its old looking but lts see tge full thing first

Lol thanks! Yea that's the one thing I felt myself. It feels kinda 70ish trying to think of a way with my skill set to modernize it.

Note: This is not my logo I don't own it! I tweaked a logo I found on the internet and made it a b.

You want to keep the colours right? I would have though a Light Blue, Orange, Purple, Yellow combo would have worked best, at leadt it would start to make it more modern

You want to keep the colours right? I would have though a Light Blue, Orange, Purple, Yellow combo would have worked best, at leadt it would start to make it more modern

the Citrus Bowl is going to be great when its done. cant wait to see it

as for the concept here, the thing that jumps out at me are the boring colors. yellow and green could be cool, but think more of Oregon's yellow and kelly colors. it's Orlando, they should be bright colors. even if you didnt want to do the cliche' "orange for Florida" thing, i think something here needs to be bright and energetic. i say pump up the yellow. maybe a yellow jersey? how about a bright blue?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Yea, kinda but I am open to change.

the Citrus Bowl is going to be great when its done. cant wait to see it

as for the concept here, the thing that jumps out at me are the boring colors. yellow and green could be cool, but think more of Oregon's yellow and kelly colors. it's Orlando, they should be bright colors. even if you didnt want to do the cliche' "orange for Florida" thing, i think something here needs to be bright and energetic. i say pump up the yellow. maybe a yellow jersey? how about a bright blue?

I just may do that

you need rework prime logo for this concept

Yea trying to tweak it as we speak!

Ok, reworked the logo some, I still want to keep the breaking wave b. I included a breaking wave underneath the b as well. It might be a little of an overkill though.

I'm thinking of just using the font B like the full script in my second post with the wave underneath it. Oh, I brightened up the colors as well.

b_maybe3_new_colors.png

Not sure I really like another black football team in the NFL. This would've been the perfect time for an NFL team to utilize the yellow jersey. I know you're trying to avoid similarities between this team and the Packers, but adding black just doesn't work.

I hate to say this, but maybe ditch black all together and use gray instead. Black is overused and gray would set this concept apart from other uniforms.

Just an idea, I would try and give a completely different color scheme. The wordmark. uniform, and logo all look good, but an Aston Vila or West Ham color scheme (Powder blue and Maroon) would look fantastic with this logo. Plus, A city like Orlando could totally go for it.

Not sure I really like another black football team in the NFL. This would've been the perfect time for an NFL team to utilize the yellow jersey. I know you're trying to avoid similarities between this team and the Packers, but adding black just doesn't work.

I hate to say this, but maybe ditch black all together and use gray instead. Black is overused and gray would set this concept apart from other uniforms.

Just an idea, I would try and give a completely different color scheme. The wordmark. uniform, and logo all look good, but an Aston Vila or West Ham color scheme (Powder blue and Maroon) would look fantastic with this logo. Plus, A city like Orlando could totally go for it.

I second what Soarindude said, change the black to silver, and keep the green and yellow.

Gave it a try and well...It doesn't pop to me. I was trying to recreate the helmet look that OK State had here...

940x.jpg

This just rough work I haven't tried to detail everything yet...

Breakers_CC_TRY.png

I second what Soarindude said, change the black to silver, and keep the green and yellow.

Gave it a try and well...It doesn't pop to me. I was trying to recreate the helmet look that OK State had here...

940x.jpg

This just rough work I haven't tried to detail everything yet...

Breakers_CC_TRY.png

I actually like the grey. But the yellow jersey is hideous, I think you should replace it with a grey jersey.

Archived