The American States Cup

thebutkiker

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkpiranha

I might have missed you explaining it elsewhere, but is the intention to use existing shapes/designs for every logo? Manchester United in this case. Not an issue, just want to know if this is deliberate when giving feedback. In general, for Texas, I'd say that the ManU shape doesn't work that effectively. If you're going to use a very specific shape, there are tons of styles to pull from that more organically suggest Texas.

I might have missed you explaining it elsewhere, but is the intention to use existing shapes/designs for every logo? Manchester United in this case. Not an issue, just want to know if this is deliberate when giving feedback. In general, for Texas, I'd say that the ManU shape doesn't work that effectively. If you're going to use a very specific shape, there are tons of styles to pull from that more organically suggest Texas.

Well, I am not really doing that for every logo. For example, my Alaska logo was made from scratch. I really couldn't think of anything to use for Texas, plus I didn't want the same design for every logo. I'm not the highest expert on my editing software, so I'm not the best at curved lines or logos. The only reason i could make the Alaska logo work was because i could do circle selection on my editing software. So if you have any ideas for Texas, give me an idea.

For everyone else, the American States Cup logo and Wyoming State Soccer Association should be up by tonight.

spacer.png

April 12, 2014, USSF President, Sunil Gulati, came up with the idea for the American States Cup (ASC) as he noticed that every state had a state team, but couldn't play in any competitions. In a meeting with other executives of the USSF, he cast a vote if there should be a competition for these state teams. The majority favored the ASC. On April 13, 2014, Gulati invited all 50 states to the competition. All said yes. On April 15, 2014, Gulati held a press conference at the USSF Headquarters in Chicago to explain the competition and choose the teams for the groups. After that was all done, Gulati presented when the dates will be for the competition. Near the end, Gulati revealed that he had chosen Texas for where the competition will take place. Gulati told all the states in the competition that they must come up with a new jersey design for their team. Alaska Association of Association Football (AAAF) president, Giles Lipovsky introduced a drawing of their new jerseys on screen at the conference. Later that day after the conference, on the Texas Soccer Federation (TSF) released their ideas for their jersey. On April 16, 2014, Gulati revealed the logo for the 2014 ASC.

asc_by_thebutkiker2-d7erciu.png

He also revealed the Group A fixtures:

group_a_fixtures_by_thebutkiker2-d7ercr5

Wyoming should be up tonight.

spacer.png

Introducing the Wyoming State Soccer Association (WSSA). The WSSA was founded in 1994 in Cheyenne, Wyoming, by George Francisco, a wealthy farmer. Francisco was born in 1972, of two farmers. Francisco discovered soccer when he saw the World Cup on the new family television in 1982. Francisco saw his first ever goal on TV scored by West Germany's Karl-Heinz Rumenigge, against Chile where he scored a hat trick. Ever since then, Rumenigge was Francisco's idol. In his free-time Francisco played soccer (football) with his cousins out on the plowed areas. In 1992, Francisco gathered enough money to buy his own farm. He became a very wealthy farmer. He became so rich, that he added a soccer field to his farm. He made it a public area for people to play on. He encouraged the public to play soccer. In 1993, his dream finally happened when he met Rumenigge in Munich after Francisco won a trip to Germany. Francisco was nearly in tears after he met Rumenigge. After Francisco told him about the idol story, Rumenigge asked if Francisco wanted anything special. Francisco said he wanted a soccer team for the state he lived in, which was Wyoming. After that, Rumenigge and Francisco travelled back to Wyoming to talk to the government about starting a state soccer team. They said yes and in 1994, the Wyoming State Soccer Association was officially established in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

wssa_by_thebutkiker2-d7ergh9.png

Team Roster 2014:

#1 GK Travis Derrick (Laramie)

#2 DF Frankie Wellington (Cheyenne)

#4 DF Kevin Evans (Casper)

#5 MF Samuel Thomas (Lost Cabin)

#6 MF Greg Gates (Dubois)

#7 FW Alexander Everton (Buffalo)

#9 DF Karl Francisco (Cheyenne)(Son of George Francisco)

#10 FW Lionel Swayze (Sheridan)

#12 DF Emmanuel Travington III (Elk Mountain)

#13 MF James Baines (Rock Springs)

#14 MF Ryan McCarthy (Sussex)

#15 MF Seamus Lockhart (Mammoth)

#16 FW Darius Coleman (Ammon)

#18 DF Fred Schwarz (Green River)

#20 MF Destin Avery (Valley)

#24 GK Uli Franck (Laramie)

#26 FW Vernon Charleton (Casper)

Team Formation: 4-5-1

Home Stadium: Rumenigge-Francisco Field Capacity: 3,000

wyoming_by_thebutkiker2-d7ergla.png

spacer.png

A couple suggestions:

The crest is way too large on the jersey. Try making it smaller. I do like both crests, especially Alaska. I would also ditch the away shorts. Either go with a monochrome blue look or plain white. Half and half shorts will always look bad.

Keep up the good work, I like the idea.

Drop the seal off the bison. It shrinks to a blob of mush. Also, the soccer ball behind the bison doesn't look much like a soccer ball, between the choice of colours (kind of garish) and the roughness of the lines.

rATMcmK.png

Drop the seal off the bison. It shrinks to a blob of mush. Also, the soccer ball behind the bison doesn't look much like a soccer ball, between the choice of colours (kind of garish) and the roughness of the lines.

Agreed, ditch the seal. However, the "Wyoming" identification is kinda lacking. Maybe put the shape of Wyoming behind the Bison and fill in the rest of the circular shape with a different color. Not sure how good it'll look, but it's worth a shot.

(Unintentional joke, yikes)

Go with the second crest option (the one without the state in the background). It's the same thing I've run into trying to do a crest for Wyoming. The state is just too squared off, and that's really all it will look like.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Introducing the State of Kansas Soccer Federation (SKSF). The SKSF was started in 2004, by a lonely farmer named Weston Davids. Davids was born in 1981 into a very poor farming family. His father was once a very famous soccer player, but became poor due to bankruptcy. His father married his mother in 1980 after they met at a train station in Dodge City, Kansas. His mother owned the farm he lived on most his life. In 1999, Davids attended Kansas State University. He joined the K-State Club Soccer team. He graduated in 2003. It was very hard to find a job. In late 2003, his mother died, and the farm went to Davids. In 2004, Davids wanted to make a statewide soccer team to start having people notice the beautiful game. In June of 2004, he asked the Kansas government to start the team. They said yes, and Davids started asking for donations. His idea for the logo came in August of 2004, when a little girl gave him a sunflower for a donation. Since Kansas is known as the "Sunflower State" he decided to make the logo with a sunflower. In November of 2004, the SKSA was officially founded. Davids became the president, and still is to this day.

sksf_by_thebutkiker2-d7f158r.png

Team Roster 2014:

#1 GK Andy Gruenebaum (Overland Park)

#2 DF Steven Hill (Manhattan)

#4 MF Howard Williams (Topeka)

#5 DF Matt Besler (Overland Park)

#7 FW Drew Eversdeen (Junction City)

#8 MF Michael Thomas (Olathe)

#10 FW Will John (Overland Park)

#11 DF Phillip McDonald (Kansas City(Kansas side))

#13 DF Brendan Howards (Abilene)

#14 MF Cletus Apperson (Lawrence)

#16 FW Eddy Ness (Ft. Riley)

#17 DF Coady Andrews (Shawnee)

#19 FW Pete Kelly (Dodge City)

#20 MF Tommy Gelly (Coffeyville)

#23 FW Charles Armstrong (Elkhart)

#24 GK John Kempin (Leawood)

#25 FW Don Franklin (Emporia)

Team Formation: 4-3-3

Home Stadium: Dodge City Stadium, Capacity: 10,000

kansas_by_thebutkiker2-d7fgsds.png