Beginner NFL Fauxback Concepts

kansas sports fan

This an idea that came to me while I was on the gridiron uniform database. I will be making fauxbacks for 14 or 16 teams. First up the Kansas City Chiefs(or in this case the Kansas City Cowboys, a Kansas City franchise for 3 years during the twenties)

http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/kansassportsfan/media/33a4b08d-042e-4a83-b80f-fa06fddc5b_zps4cff5c45.png.html?state=copy

Okay It looks the link will give you a little bit of trouble, if you scroll down past the main image box there should be a brown and black football uni that is it click on it, it should come up for you, the red and white one is the Arizona-Chicago Cardinals Fauxback concept I made, view it too while you are there.

C&C Welcome!

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Please just use the photo link. Its much easier.

I tried that but I couldn't figure out how.(I am going to feel so dumb when I finally figure out how.)

It's saying that there's no image

You need to read the bottom part of the main post.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

The Chicago Bears will be up next.

These are all uninspired and boring. There is no concept here, just adding colors to a template.

Well you have got to keep in mind that I am a beginner and these are fauxbacks based on unis from the twenties and thirties when uniforms were very simple.

The buffalo bills one is just a recolor of the steelers bumblebee throwbacks. Just because your a beginner doesn't mean that these "concepts" aren't uninspired

I didn't say my concepts weren't unispired. And the reason the buffalo bills one looks a steelers recolor is because I wanted to slighty tweak a buffalo all americans uni that was pretty much the same as the steelers except for it had orange stripes instead of yellow.

This is the Bears one, tried to go crazier with it for you guys.

http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/kansassportsfan/media/chicago bearsfauxback2_zps25bbbd4e.png.html

And if you didn't notice the sleeve numbers and helmet numbers are on opposite sides.

These are all uninspired and boring. There is no concept here, just adding colors to a template.

Well you have got to keep in mind that I am a beginner and these are fauxbacks based on unis from the twenties and thirties when uniforms were very simple.

You can still make a "faux"back that looks good with being a beginner. I'm not very good with Photoshop but I make sure to clean my concepts up before I post and always try to do something different when I make one. Simply changing colors is not a concept.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Ok the criticism here is pretty harsh. I agree you need to add some depth to your designs. And take your time. play with striping patterns etc. I really like fauxback unis. They dont need to be complicated but they must have some sort of depth.

Just because you are a "beginner" doesn't excuse the lack of creativity and effort.

When you get this much negative feedback its time to stop posting up "concepts" and stop, think and start over. Take some time and effort and don't just fill in colours on MS Paint. There is no consistency in your work. The placement isn't centred, some have Nike pants, others don't. Some have paint strokes coming out of the jerseys. Not to mention the image size is quite small which shows off errors a lot more due to the small amount of pixels.

Okay I am going to take a small break I will be back with a revised Kansas City Chiefs one either tomorrow night or Friday morning.

Yeah, start thinking your concepts through a bit more. Put some real thought behind an idea and don't create the concept until you have a good understanding of why that idea is worth making. If that means doing a jersey or two rather than a whole series where everyone in the league gets jerseys, THAT'S OK! In fact, that's better! Work on the quality. Find whoever does the fonts around here and get some great NFL fonts, they're free and they made my concepts a whole lot better. And if you take a long time getting your concepts out, that's ok too.

Also keep in mind the presentation. Yes, you're new. Yes, you're using MSPaint, but that won't stop anybody from critiquing bad lines, logos of things that shouldn't be there, things you forgot to erase, or things you forgot to do on the back, etc. Make sure you have a nice, clean presentation. That's the best way to have good things happen around here.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Why give him false positivity? This isn't a pity party, that's not what this forum is for. You come here for comments and criticism, and that's what you get. If you don't like it, tough, go somewhere else with your designs. Or you can take into consideration, come back later with better material, and better yourself.

Archived