2014 NBA Playoffs

GraysonColtsBoy

So,with the Pacers winning the No.1 seed in the East,and playoffs creeping,I have decided to make a NBA Playoffs thread from the first tip to the final whistle in the Finals. Are you ready? Let's Go!

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See. I'm a BIG Pacers fan. They were one game away for an Pacers-Spurs Finals in 2013.

With the Pacers having the No.1 seed in the East,the Heat are big favorites,but I go with the Pacers.

If the Pacers win the Finals,I'm going to the parade. Indiana:Home of the future NBA Champion Pacers!

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

I've no idea what to make of this Hawks-Pacers series. Atlanta has a better chance against Indiana than they do against Team NBA Miami. The teams split the season series 2-2, with each going 1-1 in both buildings. It's tough to tell if Indiana's righted the ship or if they still have some issues. And the Hawks are always bi-polar as hell. (In the past 9 days, the Hawks have won at Brooklyn, at Indiana by 20, and beaten Miami at home with the Big Three and seemingly at full strength....and lost home games to Detroit and Charlotte.) Don't think it'll be a sweep, but I won't be surprised if the Hawks win the series.

But I also think the NBA wants a Miami-Indiana rematch, so I'll say Pacers win in 6.

Pacers are a breath away from a 4-alarm fiery meltdown. Nets/Bulls will be a thing, but I'm not going to watch so I can offer little to no input on any of this.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This has been the worst NBA season I remember since I began watching in earnest back in 1998. I understand Durant made the leap in a big way, but otherwise, it's just been kind of a sludge the whole way through.

I'm rooting for the Spurs so Tim Duncan can finally retire. The man needs peace. The Heat are really good, but playing the equivalent of an extra season over the past three has to catch up with them at some point.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Also, it's extremely difficult to go to 4 straight NBA Finals. Hasn't been done since the Celtics did it in the 80's. History tells me that the Heat won't make it to the Finals again, but it wouldn't be a shock to see them do so. I'm still expecting a Pacers-Heat East Final, with the Pacers finally getting over the hump.

In the West, while every team is good, I'd say it's going to be either the Spurs, Thunder or Clippers in the Finals. Maybe even the Blazers have a shot, but I think it's unlikely at this point. I'm leaning towards a Thunder-Pacers Finals.

Since my Lakers are dreadful, I'm jumping on the Raptors bandwagon (and I'm kinda, sorta rooting for little brother to finally make it past the Conference Semi's).

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

This has been the worst NBA season I remember since I began watching in earnest back in 1998. I understand Durant made the leap in a big way, but otherwise, it's just been kind of a sludge the whole way through.

I'm rooting for the Spurs so Tim Duncan can finally retire. The man needs peace. The Heat are really good, but playing the equivalent of an extra season over the past three has to catch up with them at some point.

It was pretty entertaining if you're a fan of a Western Conference team. I'd imagine the East must be boring as hell.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Pacers were in the Finals in 2000,but they lost aganist the Lakers.

STOP

And get some sleep.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If Brooklyn can't make a shocking run, I am rooting for TV death for the NBA OKC vs Indiana.

Somebody different and two great teams you would like to see get a title.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If Brooklyn can't make a shocking run, I am rooting for TV death for the NBA OKC vs Indiana.

Somebody different and two great teams you would like to see get a title.

TV death for the NBA would probably be San Antonio vs. Indiana.

The NBA would still be able to market Durant if the Thunder reached the Finals.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

So the NBA really does need the Lakers to contend...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the East has the potential to just have some truly random results. I could see Chicago upsetting Indiana and going seven games against the Heat. Just the East is so weak and diminished that it makes it even more of an even playing field.

The West though is going to be intense the whole way through and the best thing that could go for the Heat at this point is that whatever team comes out of the West would had to have gone through three brutal rounds.

GR30a5H.png

Wow! Thanks for the comments!

This ain't the concepts section, junior. You're gonna get comments on a big sporting events. Don't be so surprised

EDIT: I'll jump on the Toronto/Washington bandwagon from the Miami one. Figure I should root for the underdogs for once

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived