2014 NBA Playoffs

GraysonColtsBoy

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NBA hasn't mattered in years when it comes to basketball. The primary thing the NBA is known for always revolves around scandals. Crooked officiating, draft lottery rumors, owner racism, players fighting, "thug" image issues, The Decision, etc.

The league is a shell that will never, ever, ever reach the levels of 90's popularity and overall quality again.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Break a leg, LeBron. Literally.

Seriously, the NBA was more fun before you showed up.

I suggest a five year walkabout through Siberia for you. It's like Buffalo, only warmer.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'd take both the '91 and '92 Bulls over the '96 team.

The 1991 and 92 Bulls teams were overrated. They weren't even the best team those years on paper. Portland was.

There were people at the time who didn't think the Bulls were that great. The day after they beat the Suns in 93, one of the ESPN commentators said that some people think of the Bulls as "two players and a bunch of stiffs".

That team won because of Phil Jackson and MJ.

They were similar to the 00-02 Lakers. Jackson was the main reason those teams won. They had more talent in 1998 around Shaq and Kobe, but were schooled by the overachieving Jazz in the WCF.

1. There is a case for the 1991 Blazers team being better than the Bulls that year (would have had HCA in the NBA Finals against Chicago). But they derped the West Finals against the Lakers because Cliff Robinson had butterfingers and Rick Adelman couldn't manage the clock for beans.

The 1992 matchups between Portland and Chicago were all-Bulls. 2-0 in the regular season, including a 20-point spanking on national-TV in March. The Game 1 obliteration by the Bulls in the NBA Finals. The fact that in Games 3-5 in Portland, Chicago led in all but 8 of the 144 minutes of basketball in those three games (the Bulls led for 94.5% of the basketball time in Portland). The derping of Chicago in Game 6 prior to the 4th quarter before turning on the afterburners to win the title.

2. The 1993 Bulls, despite starting the Finals against Phoenix on the road, were still the favorites. Hell, they won all four road games against the Suns in Phoenix that year (one in the regular season, Games 1, 2 and 6 of the Finals). It was Michael Jordan's highest playoff PPG in his championship seasons (35 PPG), the Bulls were continuing to be awesome on the road in their NBA Finals appearances (8-1 road Finals record in the 1st 3-peat era), and it was nearly all derped away.

3. Yes, the 1998 Lakers had better talent than the "conservative, boring and dull" Utah Jazz, but Utah had effective team communication and focus. All those Lakers had were rift-rafts between Del Harris, Nick Van Excel and Eddie Jones, and an immature Kobe Bryant chucking playoff shots irresponsibly (a sign of things to come).

So apparently, everybody who plays the Heat has to shut up.

Seriously, I'm so sick of this mentality that everyone has to shut up just because LeBron is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I hate how LeBron is supposed to be treated like an untouchable god and that everyone should keep their mouths shut against the ESPN Wet Dream Team from South Beach.

I thought SOMEBODY had to be assertive. Let's face it, the media acts like all players have to bow down to LeBore/LeFraud/LeFlop.

Why are you angry with LeBron? It's not his fault the Eastern Conference sucks.

He fled the rust belt, much as SabresRule wishes he could.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seriously, I'm so sick of this mentality that everyone has to shut up just because LeBron is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I hate how LeBron is supposed to be treated like an untouchable god and that everyone should keep their mouths shut against the ESPN Wet Dream Team from South Beach.

I thought SOMEBODY had to be assertive. Let's face it, the media acts like all players have to bow down to LeBore/LeFraud/LeFlop.

You're a clown. Go back to HFboards.

Break a leg, LeBron. Literally.

Seriously, the NBA was more fun before you showed up.

Do you realize that you look like an idiot for directing this kind of hate towards an athlete who has never done anything to you in your life?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

1. There is a case for the 1991 Blazers team being better than the Bulls that year (would have had HCA in the NBA Finals against Chicago). But they derped the West Finals against the Lakers because Cliff Robinson had butterfingers and Rick Adelman couldn't manage the clock for beans.

The 1992 matchups between Portland and Chicago were all-Bulls. 2-0 in the regular season, including a 20-point spanking on national-TV in March. The Game 1 obliteration by the Bulls in the NBA Finals. The fact that in Games 3-5 in Portland, Chicago led in all but 8 of the 144 minutes of basketball in those three games (the Bulls led for 94.5% of the basketball time in Portland). The derping of Chicago in Game 6 prior to the 4th quarter before turning on the afterburners to win the title.

2. The 1993 Bulls, despite starting the Finals against Phoenix on the road, were still the favorites. Hell, they won all four road games against the Suns in Phoenix that year (one in the regular season, Games 1, 2 and 6 of the Finals). It was Michael Jordan's highest playoff PPG in his championship seasons (35 PPG), the Bulls were continuing to be awesome on the road in their NBA Finals appearances (8-1 road Finals record in the 1st 3-peat era), and it was nearly all derped away.

3. Yes, the 1998 Lakers had better talent than the "conservative, boring and dull" Utah Jazz, but Utah had effective team communication and focus. All those Lakers had were rift-rafts between Del Harris, Nick Van Excel and Eddie Jones, and an immature Kobe Bryant chucking playoff shots irresponsibly (a sign of things to come).

Good points, although if Portland didn't derp away Game 6 in 92, anything could have happened in Game 7. And, the Blazers weren't as good as they were in 91. They seemed to be relying more on Drexler, and they were getting older.

Not bad points. However, for me, my problem is not just with LeBron and the overrated Heat team, but their idiot bandwagon fans that wear white to the games (they copy that from the Winnipeg Jet fans who used to do that for the playoffs in the 80's and 90's).

My cousin is a Browns fan. On Facebook one of his friends showed him a someecard that said "I'm a Cleveland Browns fan because I'm from Cleveland. You are a Steeler fan because the Goodwill ran out of Yankee jerseys". The Steelers are one of my favorite teams (I live 50 miles from Pittsburgh), so I don't have anything against them, but I saw the potential of that concept, and when the Heat lose to the Spurs (if Miami gets by Indiana), I will go on Facebook and tell Heat fans to go to the Goodwill to get their Seattle Seahawk jerseys.

If you're going to copy something, you have to know something exists or existed, I think you're giving Heat fans too much credit, I'll estimate 108% of people who attend Heat games don't know anything about the Winnipeg Jets.

If you're going to copy something, you have to know something exists or existed, I think you're giving Heat fans too much credit, I'll estimate 108% of people who attend Heat games don't know anything about the Winnipeg Jets.

First off, that's impossible. Secondly the fans probably don't know, but management might.

First off, that's impossible. Secondly the fans probably don't know, but management might.
Well do they?

At least the West Finals have some drama. Best of 3 series now.

Parity > Dynasty

If this message board was around in the 1980s, be honest- how many of you would have complained about Magic and Bird making so many NBA Finals and crying for the lack of new blood?

8 Finals in the 1980s for the Lakers would have driven this board nuts. "I'M SICK OF MAGIC I'M SICK OF KAREEM" yet nobody ever said that back then.

I'm not a Pacer fan, but I just wanted some sense of new blood. How many damn times do we have to see in June the talking heads find new ways to worship LeBore?

Parity > Dynasty

If this message board was around in the 1980s, be honest- how many of you would have complained about Magic and Bird making so many NBA Finals and crying for the lack of new blood?

8 Finals in the 1980s for the Lakers would have driven this board nuts. "I'M SICK OF MAGIC I'M SICK OF KAREEM" yet nobody ever said that back then.

I'm not a Pacer fan, but I just wanted some sense of new blood. How many damn times do we have to see in June the talking heads find new ways to worship LeBore?

I did get tired of the Lakers and Celtics back then, but I had respect for them. Bird, Magic, and Worthy were my favorite players.

The teams that I was sicker of (historically) are the 90's Fools, the 00-02 Flukers, and the Miami Frontrunners. I have no respect for any of those teams. The Bulls and Heat attract(or attracted in Chicago's case) braindead bandwagoners. And, the Lakers had no business winning titles. They won because the West was heartless, and because they they played NAIA Division III teams in the Finals.

When the Spurs got their act together in 03, and when they played Detroit Basketball in the 04 Finals, they got their butts kicked. They folded because the game wasn't handed to them.

Parity > Dynasty

Not many. Bird and Magic were the NBA's top players whose rivalry began in college. White vs Black. East vs West. That was great television. The problem with the East now is there are no Pistons waiting in the wings to take down the Celtics, and there are no Bulls waiting in the wings to take down the Pistons.

Archived