2014 NBA Playoffs

GraysonColtsBoy

Is it possible to feel bad for a two time champ, and multi millionaire? I ask because I really do feel bad for LeBron. Outside of game one he is getting no help from his squad. This is almost like his old Cleveland team in the Finals against the Spurs and it has no rite to be. The Spurs are great but Miami is making it easier for SA.

No.

LeBron chose to go to Miami. Sure, he was buddy-buddy with Wade and Bosh and they planned to team up a couple years in advance, but he should have known the pitfalls of aging players, the restrictions the salary cap puts on the roster, etc.

Plus, the Heat are playing in the fourth consecutive Finals. The other 14 East teams would kill to have just gotten to one Finals.

And LeBron's a douche. And his jock-sniffers are bigger douches.

I still find it flabbergasting how a couple of months ago, there were people on this forum decreeing Puig and Manziel as bigger douches than LeBron, even though:

1. Puig and Manziel are just beginning their professional careers and not letting the whole "everybody in their early 20s will do stupid things and it's understandable" narrative take hold.

2. LeBron created the whole "player-pacted super-team" concept in the NBA, where the players themselves conspire to team-up to form mega-teams full of 3-4 All-Star Game starters, leaving other teams to hope to lure high-caliber players using uncontrollable elements (climate, market, nightlife, big city bias, players and their friends related to the team). Not even a bigger contract can be guaranteed to lure a free-agent to an undesirable market, whether because of no All-Stars or because it's not "glitzy" enough, and LeBron started this mess.

3. LeBron is a media whore who commands all attention to himself, including through countless articles about his everyday life, his addressing of all media in the 1st-person tense ("...I am capable...I did this...I carried my team...People will remember my name...I am a legend...They're gonna have to stop me..."), and an app for his legion of so-called diehards, who probably can't name more than Miami's Big-3.

I don't see how point 2 makes ANY player a "douche" considering every all-time great team ever has consisted of multiple all-stars. I still struggle to understand what was so deplorable about player's choosing to do for themselves (building a good team) what the team's front office (specifically Cleveland and Toronto) had been failing to do for years.

I wouldn't have a problem with Kevin Love and Melo going to Boston with Rondo either. It's not their fault the Knicks and Wolves are inept.

As for 3, How is LeBron any more of a "media whore" than any other player that's been the face of the NBA? Were Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant or Magic Johnson low key, "avoid the spotlight" type guys?

add manziel and puig creating another storyline for espn everyday for doing something off the field. Puig to a lesser extent, and he's starting to win me over now that he is just playing the game very well and not doing the stuff off the field that got him in Mattingly's dog house

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: LeBron - none of this matters if he doesn't do the decision and have a media orgy about how planned out this was.

Re: Finals - The Spurs are disgusting. Shut it down.

Re: Heat - lulz

PbACvnn.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You cannot watch these past three games and not be left to wonder about "gee whiz, where was this for the last 25 seconds of Game 6 with a five point lead?" coming to mind.

Look, it's four years of the Heat triumvirate, and it was never the players that bothered me anyway so I'm really long past the point of really caring one way or another about wanting the Heat to lose these games. I'm just bringing this up from a general POV. San Antonio should really be closing in on their second straight championship series victory over Miami, with the second one being more convincing than the first one. San Antonio's going to win all four of their games in this series by 15+ points; this was a shocking beatdown, even more-so when you look at Miami winning Game 2 and having the home court advantage going to Miami. A week ago Sunday, was this even a plausible finish to this series; the Spurs closing it out in Game 5? Crazy.

spacer.png

Congrats to the Spurs! Hell of a series, the level of offensive execution was off the charts. Absolutely beautiful to watch. I wish the focus would mainly go on what the Spurs have done and how they've done it, but no, that's crazy talk. All the majority of media and fans will talk about is LeBron this, Melo-to-Heat that, blah blah blah. Such a shame.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Congratulations to the Spurs on their NBA championship. Their 5th in 15 years and 1st in an odd year. Kawhi Leonard becomes the youngest NBA Finals MVP since Duncan in 1999. The Spurs averaged a 54% shooting rate for the series, highest in the history of the NBA's championship round since the introduction of the shot clock. This was just a grand steamrolling done by San Antonio, overall.

By the way, Poppovich is the NBA's Darryl Sutter. There, said it.

Congrats Spurs. This was not a basketball series. This was an asswhooping of epic proportions.

Congratulations to the Spurs on their NBA championship. Their 5th in 15 years and 1st in an odd year. Kawhi Leonard becomes the youngest NBA Finals MVP since Duncan in 1999. The Spurs averaged a 54% shooting rate for the series, highest in the history of the NBA's championship round since the introduction of the shot clock. This was just a grand steamrolling done by San Antonio, overall.

I think you mean first in an even year since 2014 is an even number.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

What? No, no no no. 5 > 2 as far as coaches are concerned.

Also pretty excited for this offseason. Solid draft, some free agency moves. Can't wait.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

What? No, no no no. 5 > 2 as far as coaches are concerned.

In terms of grumpy-looking, eye-quivering, one-line-saying press and media interviews, yes, they're both one of the same.

Congrats Spurs. This was not a basketball series. This was an asswhooping of epic proportions.

I think you mean first in an even year since 2014 is an even number.

Damn. I wasn't able to catch this mistake in time to correct it.

Stupid slow-loading iOS 7.

The Spurs are truly remarkable. So much respect for Popovich and Duncan and the rest. I applaud that organization for what they've been able to do over the last fifteen years and this year especially. They came out of the harder conference, returned to the scene of the crime, and delivered revenge with a perfect, robotic, systematic asskicking. It was beautiful in its anticlimacticy.

I think the Heat's reign of terror is over. It'll be an interesting offseason

PvO6ZWJ.png

I will be the first to admit I thought the Spurs needed to blow it up after the 2010 Phoenix sweep. They seemed out of place in a faster NBA where you had to push the pace.

The Spurs of 10 years ago- grind it out, slow it down- looked to be out of their era.

That was their potential Waterloo moment.

Well, they changed things up- they went from slow to fast, from lock down to never slow down, they got younger (dumping the likes of Jefferson/McDyess for Kawhi/Mills).

Really, I could say that the Goran Dragic game- remember that one- was the cold hard slap of water in the faces of the Spurs to, as Triple H says, ADAPT OR PERISH

Archived