2014 NBA Playoffs

GraysonColtsBoy

Man the refs whistles are really sensitive in this GS/LAC game. Let them play please.

Frustrating game to watch. Whistles left and right, Blake and Iguodala fouling out on ticky-tack calls... I thought this was the playoffs? :rolleyes:

Too many crucial mistakes down the stretch for the Clippers, too. I can't say I'm very confident in Crawford in the playoffs, he was horrible last year and just as bad tonight. Too many stretches of zero ball movement and iso-heavy play. CP3 has to stop playing for the foul - you're not Durant, you're not going to get bailed out by the refs on the rip-through move every time. Play basketball, not refball. On the bright side, the team played excellent defense on Curry, and Blake looked good in the few minutes he was allowed to play.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hibbert is Indiana's biggest problem, not the point guard position. When he's not getting his questionable "verticality" calls, he's become damn near useless. Their other problem is the offensive system - they don't move the ball, they often don't move without the ball, and their spacing is awkward. That's a coaching problem and also a problem with all their players, not just George Hill.

This will sound strange coming from the fan of a team with CP3 on it, but for all the hype about the stacked point guard position, none of them have won anything of note except Parker - and even Parker won twice as a role player (routinely getting benched for Steve Kerr and Speedy Claxton) and once with Boobie Gibson "guarding" him after Duncan led them to the Finals. Additionally, the defending champions have mediocre point guards at best. PG-led teams rarely win championships. Honestly, if I'm the Pacers' front office, point guard is about the last position I'd be worrying about.

xLmjWVv.png

I think Hibbert is Indiana's biggest problem, not the point guard position. When he's not getting his questionable "verticality" calls, he's become damn near useless. Their other problem is the offensive system - they don't move the ball, they often don't move without the ball, and their spacing is awkward. That's a coaching problem and also a problem with all their players, not just George Hill.

This will sound strange coming from the fan of a team with CP3 on it, but for all the hype about the stacked point guard position, none of them have won anything of note except Parker - and even Parker won twice as a role player (routinely getting benched for Steve Kerr and Speedy Claxton) and once with Boobie Gibson "guarding" him after Duncan led them to the Finals. Additionally, the defending champions have mediocre point guards at best. PG-led teams rarely win championships. Honestly, if I'm the Pacers' front office, point guard is about the last position I'd be worrying about.

Pacers biggest problem is Paul George hitting strip clubs, which there are lots of in the ATL and this.

BloItBgIYAAU4Um_zps69f93f8b.jpg

Crowd is relentless in Toronto. Love it!

I agree. Even the crowd outside has an energy to it most teams don't have. Anything for the playoffs I guess.

Toronto shows up in droves to support the Raptors. Their GM says " :censored: Brooklyn!!" to a huge ovation.

Never in 10,000 years would I have ever seen a flood of Toronto humanity cheer on their NBA team this vociferously. These kinds of crowds, especially outside the ACC, are the ones I expect for Maple Leafs preseason games.

Well done, Toronto fans. Now, about that basketball team of yours...

What the? How Did my Pacers lose? Looks my series of 5 I predicted is going well.

Otherwise happy of the other games.

On the other side,ALMOST everyone is going for the Hawks!

GO PACERS! BEAT THEM HAWKS IN FIVE!

"So look at yourself. Are you somebody to see good in your world or somebody to oppose the other person or party?"

Now that Kobe is basically done, Harden is the most loathsome player in the NBA. His entire offensive game seems to be centered on getting bailout calls from the refs and he doesn't know what to do when he isn't getting them. When he doesn't have the ball in his hands, he couldn't be any more disinterested in the possession, just floating around at the three point line totally disengaged. And he doesn't even attempt defense. He's like the walking stereotype for how people who hate the NBA view all NBA players. His style of play really ruined what was otherwise an entertaining game tonight.

xLmjWVv.png

When I see James Harden I see a good hard nosed player always giving it all. I am no fan of the Rockets but I would love a player like that on my team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived