2014 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

I mean, that's obviously a pretty bad post you made there, but the kernel of truth in that bad post is that Doug Wilson's model of elite players and undrafted garbage, or at least these elite players, has run its course. Thornton and Marleau are going into age 35 seasons. You have to expect diminishing returns soon. Havlat is done, Boyle is done, but they'll be good enough to get in the playoffs for years because they're afraid to start over.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hurricanes fired Kirk Muller today. Which member of the country club replaces him? Kevin Dineen? Glen Wesley? Sean Burke? Rod Brind'Amour? Zarley Zalapski?

EDIT: haha oh man

“We thank Kirk, John and Dave for their time and effort during the past three seasons,” said new general manager Ron Francis in a release. “Kirk and his staff worked very hard, but we feel that the team is in need of a fresh start at this time.”

Assistant coach Rod Brind’Amour will remain part of the coaching staff

hahaha WHY though

Flyers are Flyering again.

Mr. Snider praised Paul Holmgren for having the guts to fire a bad coach 3 games in to the season (but wasn't he the GM that brought the "bad" coach back in the first place?) and said he's coming back for as long as he wants to, and Ron Hextall (who was named heir apparent) is free to look elsewhere. Also, rumor is that BOBBY CLARKE might return in some kind of decision-making role.

When asked if a culture changed was needed instead of keeping everything in the family, he snapped at reporters and claimed their culture is winning.

Just since his name was mentioned, Rod Brind'Amour is one of the most popular players here in the last 25 years. I'm sure fans would welcome him back in some capacity, but he never would since they did him wrong and dealt him during the whole Lindros fiasco,

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just passing through, I hate Rod Brind'Amour.

just texted him. He says he hates you too. Loves your mom though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know Eric Lindros loved Rod Brind'Amour's wiife.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Eric Lindros probably loved a lot of wives. The Flyers have Hextall in waiting so why not bring back Brind'Amour too. Snider is certifiably nuts. There is a huge problem with the culture and he has no idea.

Eric Lindros probably loved a lot of wives. The Flyers have Hextall in waiting so why not bring back Brind'Amour too. Snider is certifiably nuts. There is a huge problem with the culture and he has no idea.

maybe bring back Dmitri Yushkevich?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

maybe bring back Dmitri Yushkevich?

Clarkie still hates the Russians.

Good hiring in theory, but Laviolette needs more weapons for his crap to work. I suppose they could finally call Filip Forsberg up; that'd help.

oh sweet georgia brown the Hurricanes might actually hire Eddie Olczyk TO COACH THEIR TEAM how is this real life

oh sweet georgia brown the Hurricanes might actually hire Eddie Olczyk TO COACH THEIR TEAM how is this real life

Do they have a bounty of young hockey players?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Precisely the opposite, which makes the notion that much funnier. Picture Ron Hainsey, John-Michael Liles, and Captain Whitebread sitting there listening to Edzo yell at them about how GOOD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOU GET TO THE NET like they're a bunch of six-year-olds.

I'm beginning to suspect that Eric Staal is the little kid from "It's a Good Life" on The Twilight Zone, you know, the Opie-looking kid who makes everyone do his bidding lest they be banished to oblivion, except that instead of throwing tantrums and threatening to send people to the cornfield, he just thousand-yard-stares at the coaches until they stop preaching defense, physicality, or any modicum of effort. Then they get fired anyway. It's good that you're not caring, Eric. Tomorrow's going to be a real good day.

Precisely the opposite, which makes the notion that much funnier. Picture Ron Hainsey, John-Michael Liles, and Captain Whitebread sitting there listening to Edzo yell at them about how GOOD THINGS HAPPEN WHEN YOU GET TO THE NET like they're a bunch of six-year-olds.

I'm beginning to suspect that Eric Staal is the little kid from "It's a Good Life" on The Twilight Zone, you know, the Opie-looking kid who makes everyone do his bidding lest they be banished to oblivion, except that instead of throwing tantrums and threatening to send people to the cornfield, he just thousand-yard-stares at the coaches until they stop preaching defense, physicality, or any modicum of effort. Then they get fired anyway. It's good that you're not caring, Eric. Tomorrow's going to be a real good day.

YOU'RE A BAD MAN! YOU'RE A VERY BAD MAN!

cornfield.jpg

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Well, Brind'Amour's and Eric Desjardins' to be sure.

What's with the apostrophe in Brind'Amour's name? Is that a French thing?

Well, Brind'Amour's and Eric Desjardins' to be sure.

What's with the apostrophe in Brind'Amour's name? Is that a French thing?

I know that amour is french for love... I guess the apostrophe is french.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I looked this up back in high school, having thought it was a French mangling of the Welsh "Bryn Mawr," and it's actually "brin d'amour," which translates roughly to "love twig." BABY SNAP MY LOVE TWIG

More Flyering. "Homer" now has been promoted to president (clearly he deserved a promotion), and Hextall promoted to GM. Right after saying that wasn't happening.

More Flyering. "Homer" now has been promoted to president (clearly he deserved a promotion), and Hextall promoted to GM. Right after saying that wasn't happening.

In their defense BBTV, I don't think even they know what they are doing from day to day.

Archived