Atlanta Braves

Brave-Bird 08

I'm trying to get back into the concept funk. It seems like I've been a lurker almost for the past few months.

Atlanta Braves uniform concept

I wanted to give the Braves a new look, mainly because with their new "star spangled" jersey, the elimination of the regular Friday road reds and the continued existence of the all-blue road uniforms (which are always called "badass" and their "best uniforms!!" even though I despise them) I've begun to really hate the Braves look.

For starters, I made the blue shirt a single piece that can be worn in select home or road games, simply as a day-to-day alternate for equipment life purposes. It's essentially a jersey version of the sherseys that the Braves have sold for years -- red script, tomahawk and numerals instead of the blue-on-blue. The iconic, simple red white and blue caps are the mainstay of the two regular home uniform options and now again part of the road look. I added a simple alternate road cap for when the team wears the blue shirts on the road to give it a different look--with a different cap and grey pants it will appear as a completely different uniform.

As far as the regular home and road go, I made a very minor tweak, which was to tone down the piping from three bars to one, preserving the look and making the uniforms less busy. I've heard many people in the past actually say that the uniforms look too busy because of the piping, while others have complained about the tomahawk on the chest. While there's just as many who say the Braves uniforms are a modern classic, I figured I'd choose the medium between the two.

The Sunday home alternate is something out there. I originally thought a throwback would suffice, but as I began working on it I decided "Why not make something interesting?"

I'd hope the feathered cap would be a seller, while the sleeveless jerseys, designed under shirt and dark pants are a very progressive combination. In the regular would these probably wouldn't fly, but who knows how much the MLB's standards could once again change? Right?

Export1_zpsf3abb172.png

Export2_zps736f787d.png

I'll be honest.... I REALLY like the throwbacks with the blue pants. I've been making some baseball concepts recently and have stayed away from using pants that aren't white or gray. Now I see that they can in fact work, depending on the color scheme of course (red pants would've been bad).

Overall, these are pretty good. not completely sold on the blue hat with the red A though. The rest are nice and clean. Still can't get over how good that throwback looks with the blue pants. nicely done!

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I could live with this look, I'm a fan of the triple piping but I understand your reasoning behind eliminating it.

I really like the Sunday Alt. although I'm not real crazy about the blue pants but I may be a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to baseball uniforms. I'd buy that hat in a heartbeat though.

As far as the blue uniform goes, I just feel like that looks too much like a BP uniform, there really isn't much you can do about that but that is one reason I've always been a fan of the red jerseys, they were consistent with the regular home and road uniforms. It's hard to keep a consistent look with the blue jersey tops because the piping doesn't look good on the blue jerseys. Personally, I wish they would just bring back the friday red jerseys but I'm probably in the minority there!

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived