What's Your Uniform Demographic: Traditional vs. Modern

rmackman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Music Prefernces: Rap

Music dislikes: nothing much

Clothing Preferences: Nike or adidas gear

Sports Uniform Preferences: Mostly new age disignes oregon jacksonbville etc. And old age wisconsin alabama etc.

Uniform dislikes: Russell uniforms

Sports Uniform Preferences: Mostly new age disignes oregon jacksonbville etc. And old age wisconsin alabama etc.

And here we go with the non-traditionalist.....

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

And the most pretentious post of the day goes to...

OttawaSenators.png

age: 16Music Prefernces: RapMusic dislikes: nothing muchClothing Preferences: Nike or adidas gearSports Uniform Preferences: Mostly new age disignes oregon jacksonbville etc. And old age wisconsin alabama etc.Uniform dislikes: Russell uniforms

And the most pretentious post of the day goes to...

No, I just said that because most of the people here have been uniform traditionalist. I'm just predicting that more of the modernist will be on the way, to even things out.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Music Preferences: Classic Indie stuff (big time Morrissey and Smiths fan), Current Indie stuff, Garage Rock (Love 60s Brit like the Kinks and Stones through today's stuff; think Underground Garage on Sirius), Early New Wave (Joe Jackson, etc).

Music Dislikes: Not a big fan of the state of FM radio. I've felt that way for 20 years though.

Clothing Preferences: I'm a black pants and button down kind of guy. When not at work, I like a nice pair of jeans often paired with a plain black tee.

Sports Uniform Preferences: I don't mind modern, but I'm totally an old school kind of guy. I'll take the Packers and Steelers and Redskins over the Jags, Falcons and Cardinals any day of the week.

Sports Uniform Dislikes: I've always hated BFBS. I think my biggest uni hate is the Reebok piping that was big starting in the early to mid 00's. Think Falcons and Cardinals. Not a big fan of the stuff Nike has been doing of late, though the Seahawks look has grown on me.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

• 2 weeks later...

Music Preferences: I'm not that big a music lover to begin with and i really don't have a clear preference, i like (and hate) music from many different genres, Rock, Heavy metal and Pop being amoung the more popular.
Music Dislike: Again, i don't hate any genre per se. Generaly speaking i don't like rap and country but even then there is always exceptions.
Clothing Preferences: Jeans with t-shirt, sometimes with a vest. Hoodie and sweaters in the colder months. Sport shoes.
Sports Uniform Preferences: In Hockey i tend to like non traditional color combos and/or non traditional designs with animal inspired logos (Mighty Ducks, Sharks, Mid 90s - early 00s Penguins & Capitals) but i also like some of the older, more classic uniforms (Blackhawks, original Sabres). In Football (soccer) i like vertical stripes (Juventus, Inter Milan, FC Porto etc). As for logos, i like some of the traditional old coat of arm style logos (Newcastle Utd, Liverpool FC) and some of the new, more modern football logos (FC Nordsjaelland, FC Copenhagen)
Sports Uniform Dislikes: In Hockey, any uniform where you can't see the team colors and logo for corporate logos and advertisements like in european hockey leagues. Otherwise, i tend to not like uniforms with very simple logos, colors and designs (Maple Leafs, Lightning), uniforms with wordmarks instead of logos (Ducks, Late 00s Stars) or just plain bad design (Canucks V, Mighty Ducks Wild Wing). In football i don't like weird, away jersey colors and designs (Atletico Madrid Spider-man kit) or just bad attempts at renewing classic kits (Manchester Utd's gingham)

I never realized that this board had become so fueled by teen power.

You're asking to get slumped boi

Don't compare Passion Pit to dubstep again... ever.

I'm sorry, but you can't hate dubstep and like a band that relies heavily on synths going WUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMP
Yes, but Passion Pit is more techno than dubstep.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Music Preferences: Country, Pop, EDM, Hip-Hop.

Music Dislikes: Rock, Jazz.

Clothing Preferences: Preppy, athletic.

Sports Uniform Preferences: Cohesive. Whether modern or traditional, I value uniform sets that make sense across the board from uniform to uniform. Sensible and appealing.

Sports Uniform Dislikes: Non-sensical. I hate uniform sets that don't fit together well, through striping, colors, etc. Also anything that is off the wall stupid looking.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Music Preferences: Oldies,AM Sports Talk Radio, Some Rock, Some Rap (Prefer Beatles, System of a Down, Linkin Park, Eminem)

Music Dislikes: Bricks in my face, Country

Clothing Preferences: Jeans, Nike Dri fit shirts, Nike Dri Fit Shorts, New Era On Field MLB and MILB Caps

Sports Uniform Preferences: Modern mostly, I love the current Marlins identiy, the 1998-2011 Mets, the Yankees, A's and 1993 Dolphins. Jags uni is ok, same as the seahawks and falcon, the Bucs is too much.

Sports Uniform Dislikes: Trying too hard, simple design is best- I think the Seahawk did it right. Same with the Marlins. THe bucs went overboard and didn't make one single good design element stand out, but instead took multipe and tried to mash them together. I also can't stand when teams ditch part of their identity even though its supposed to still be in use - Orange Marlins Cap, Grey Uniform. The Seahawks Silver Helmet from 2001 and the Texans White Helmet as examples.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

The Seahawks' silver helmet and the Texans' white helmets were never designed to be part of their teams' respective uniforms. The Texans' was a prototype, probably thrown together before the final uniform was decided upon. The silver Seahawks helmet was part of a fan poll to see which helmet was going to be used with the then-new uniforms. They were only ever going to use one.

The Seahawks' silver helmet and the Texans' white helmets were never designed to be part of their teams' respective uniforms. The Texans' was a prototype, probably thrown together before the final uniform was decided upon. The silver Seahawks helmet was part of a fan poll to see which helmet was going to be used with the then-new uniforms. They were only ever going to use one.

You feel better now?

You made this little boy cry!

I thought the silver hawks was supposed to be used. The purple rockies cap I guess is another example.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Music Preferences: I like all types of music depending on the mood I'm in. I listen to classic rock, indie pop (Passion Pit, Two Door Cinema Club) and jam music (Dave Matthews, OAR in the 90s) and trap music if I am with my friends.

Music dislikes: I am pretty open-minded to all music.

Clothing Preferences: Preppy clothes, from sperries, vineyard vines, Urban outfitters, American eagle. Basically your stereotypical :censored:. :lol:

Sports Uniform Preferences: I like modern and traditional uniforms. From Alabama, Oklahoma, and the old FSU uniforms to the TCU uniforms and Oregon uniforms, it all depends on execution. My favorite uniforms are the Buffalo Bills, Houston Astros, etc.

Uniform dislikes: Template uniforms like UCF and the old Missouri uniforms. Piping that is re-done is absolutely irritating.

Music Preferences: Hip-Hop, Pop, Rap, some Country

Music Dislikes: some EDM

Clothing Preferences: Nike, athleticallish stuff

Sports Uniform Preferences: Nike, some of Under Armour's sets. But mostly anything that makes actual sense and looks good on the respective playing surface

Sports Uniform Dislikes: Adidas, Russell, things that just don't make sense.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I'm sorry, but you can't hate dubstep and like a band that relies heavily on synths going WUMPWUMPWUMPWUMPWUMP

Passion Pit isn't techno at all. Do people even know what techno is? It's not just a generic term for "electronic music." That would be "electronic music."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Music Preferences: Rock (Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Rush, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Metallica, Godsmack, Pearl Jam, etc.)

Music Dislikes: Pop, Country, Rap.

Clothing Preferences: Levis, T-shirts

Sports Uniform Preferences: Classic (Dodgers, Red Sox, Tigers, StL Cardinals, Cubs, Orioles, A's, Mets, Bears, Packers, Cowboys, Colts, Celtics, NY Giants, SF Giants, 49ers, Raiders)

Sports Uniform Dislikes: Overly-bland (Thunder), Sacrificing a good, unique look for something mediocre (Diamondbacks), Updating a classic to make it not-so-classic (Steelers, Lakers)

Passion Pit isn't techno at all. Do people even know what techno is? It's not just a generic term for "electronic music." That would be "electronic music."
Maybe so, but still, there music just uses synths. There's no deafening bass drops that make your ears bleed and sounds that sound like transformers.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived