What's Your Uniform Demographic: Traditional vs. Modern

rmackman

Music Preferences: Rock (Arctic Monkeys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Keys), Modern Rap (Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q), Hip Hop (SZA, Alicia Keys), Classic Rock (Boston, Queen, Yes)

Music Dislikes: Country

Clothing Preferences: Suit and Tie, Casually professional, Anything mostly from a J.Crew or Bonobos catalog.

Sports Uniform Preferences: Traditional MLB (New York Yankees, San Francisco Giants, Kansas City Royals, Seattle Mariners), Traditional NFL (Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers), Modern NFL (Seattle Seahawks, Minnesota Vikings).

Sports Uniform Dislikes: Nike-ified (Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Oregon Ducks), NBA (Thunder, Bobcats, Sleeves). Basically anything that follows a trend rather than a tradition or history of the team/sport (nike-ifying everything, overuse of black, sleeves, adidas and the NBA's weird jerseys)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Music Preferences: Rock (Arctic Monkeys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Keys), Modern Rap (Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q), Hip Hop (SZA, Alicia Keys), Classic Rock (Boston, Queen, Yes)

Clothing Preferences: Suit and Tie, Casually professional, Anything mostly from a J.Crew or Bonobos catalog.

Sports Uniform Preferences: Traditional MLB (New York Yankees, San Francisco Giants, Kansas City Royals, Seattle Mariners), Traditional NFL (Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers), Modern NFL (Seattle Seahawks, Minnesota Vikings).

Sports Uniform Dislikes: Nike-ified (Jacksonville Jaguars, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Oregon Ducks), NBA (Thunder, Bobcats, Sleeves). Basically anything that follows a trend rather than a tradition or history of the team/sport (nike-ifying everything, overuse of black, sleeves, adidas and the NBA's weird jerseys)

You sir, have very good taste in things.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

I don't know, that modern hip hop is a turn away...

Age: 24Music Preferences: Rock (Arctic Monkeys, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Black Keys), Modern Rap (Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q), Hip Hop (SZA, Alicia Keys), Classic Rock (Boston, Queen, Yes)Music Dislikes: CountryClothing Preferences: Suit and Tie, Casually professional, Anything mostly from a J.Crew or Bonobos catalog.

I don't know, that modern hip hop is a turn away...
True.....

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Music Preferences: Steely Dan, Doves, Ben Folds Five, Jamiroquai, Ben Harper

Music Dislikes: Most mega-play Top 40 stuff, but sometimes get hooked (current examples "Roar" "Timber" etc.) due to becoming a minivan rider with two young daughters. Disney soundtracks, on the other hand, make me contemplate a knitting needle to the ears recently.

Clothing Preferences: Team-issue shorts and self-designed logo long sleeve tees while home; Button-down dress shirts with sleeves rolled up and pleatless khakis or subtle pattern suit pants while out.

Sports Uniform Preferences: Traditional minimalist on the threads; I’ve become a sucker for matte helmets when done correctly; strong penchant for high socks, particularly with unique exposed striped/logo’d stirrups in baseball/softball; tastefully executed fauxbacks.

Sports Uniform Dislikes: Football padless biker shorts look (even though I was a pad minimalist as a player); hockey masks on baseball catchers; color mismatches; roundels; city/team name not used properly on home/road uniforms; gimmicky one-offs.

Age 32
Music Preferences: LOTS of Hard Rock, well-done game tracks, some R&B, some Smooth Jazz, some old school rappers (LL Cool J, Busta Rhymes, etc)
Music Dislikes: Today's Rap (50 cent, for example). Brahs really took things downhill after the turn of the century...

Clothing Preferences: Nylon T-shirts, cargo pants (or shorts), loose-fit jeans, sports jerseys (especially football and hockey)

Sports Uniform Preferences: Although I lean slightly towards modern styles, some teams shouldn't EVER be touched (examples: Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Montreal Canadians, Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs). It also goes the other way - traditional doesn't work with some teams. Trying to make the Jaguars, Panthers (NFL), Predators, etc. look like the Packers or the Canadians just isn't going to work, no matter how much you want it to. Long story short: I like a good uniform, traditional or modern.

Sports Uniform Dislikes:

1) Bucs new uniforms. That's TOO modern. While the jersey is "OK" and I can somewhat live with it, the number font is flat out horrible.

2) Jaguars helmets. I actually love their uniforms, but I HATE the helmets (although it's not quite as bad as the Bucs new number font). They really should go back to the previous helmet (the one that changes colors when hit with light at a certain angle) with the new logo. At the very least, if they really want gradient helmets, at least get it right (like the Arkansas Razorbacks).

3) Dolphins current logo. The damn thing looks like a tattoo - and not even a manly one at that. The uniforms, while a bit simple, are not bad, but the logo and font make it too much to overcome.

Music Preferences : Hip Hop (De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Beastie Boys, Big L, Notorious B.I.G.), Punk (Dead Kennedys, Reagan Youth, The Descendants), overall though to save time, I love a lot of varying music.

Music Dislikes : Dubstep is mediocre to me, newer rap / hip hop tends to mostly suck (very few exceptions) and newer country music seems pretty boring.

Clothing Preferences : Light jeans (I don't ever wear dark jeans), sports related apparel, Starter jackets, and some professional attire such as suits and dress shirts.

Sports Uniform Preferences : NHL (Traditional designs, modern templates), MLB (Traditional designs), NBA (Both traditional and modern, seems there's winning and losing aspects to both), NFL (Traditional designs, modern templates). In the realm of teams, I actually like the Oklahoma City Thunder jerseys, I just find them appealing (not including the 'OKC' logo on the shorts). The Montreal Canadiens home jersey is simply beautiful. The Mighty Ducks design on the Edge template looks pretty solid.

Sports Uniform Dislikes : The entire New England Patriots identity, I always hated Flying Elvis and those dumb wide numbers. The Toronto Maple Leafs current logo. That collar that the Lakers, Raptors and a few other teams in the NBA use. Some of the Nike NFL rebrands are pretty out there. The CFL uniforms having those big dumb script logos under the collar (was especially disappointing to see the Ti-Cats ditch the beautiful script that had before).

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived