Louisville Bats Concept

Sport

Concept I put together because the Louisville Bats' current identity has always left me wanting something a little more. The name has so much potential. Here's my idea.

Bats-Logo-Slick-A_zpsf0d12d87.png

caps_zps10155b37.png

uniforms_zpsad3d0aac.png

Please let me know what you think.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That cap logo is a GREAT idea! I love logos that mimic architecture. I will admit, it does look awkward, so be prepared to answer the same question a million times as to why it looks the way it does.

That said, I don't like the primary logo. When I focus on the "BATS" at the top, the purple and black on the bat kind of merge together and look like a dark blob. Also, I don't think I've ever seen a logo where the mascot is upside down, so while unique, I'm not a fan of it. As for the bat's head, the shape of it and pattern on the inside clash pretty bad, in my opinion. The shape is symmetrical, while the inside is showing value/tone changes that make it asymmetrical. I think you should either change its shape, or make the interior symmetrical.

Overall, I like the concept, and it looks neat and professional. I can absolutely see a minor league team using it. Great job!

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

I second everything Critical Thinker said, except that I think the upside-down bat is a stroke of genius. I'm also kind of wanting to see that primary logo with the word "Bats' emblazoned across a jersey. Kudos.

rATMcmK.png

The cap logo is a bit awkward, but it seems as though it's the best possible given the shape of the architecture. My only real problem is the nose. It looks a lot more like a pig snout than anything. Make it more pointy, maybe?

Overall amazing work. Send it to Louisville.

Archived