Sign in to follow this  
pcgd

workin' on my webpage...need input

Hey all,

Working on my webpage for sports concepts/portfolio and I'm kinda stuck. I have 2 designs I like, but I'm not sure what to go with. Now when you look at these, they probably are gonna get blown up, so just make the window smaller til it fits. It should be 800 x 300 for now. I might increase later, but I kinda like the unique size right now. They are in flash, so if you don't have flash player go here if you'd like: Flash Download

Here's the Links:

Numero Uno

(doubt I'll use this music, just something I whipped up in garage band)

Numero Dos

(this will have some kind of mellow music with crickets and a loon call in the background)

Let me know what you think of either or!

Neither of them really seem to say "sports" to me, though the first one matches your logo better, IMO.

probably should have mentioned this...its more a portfolio site which will contain my concepts as well. I just need some opinions from design minded people, which you all are.

peace,

pc

In that case, I'd be interested in seeing more of your work... I think a portfolio should reflect the character of the work within it.

if you want to see some (not my whole portfolio I haven't updated it for about 6 months) go here:

My Webpage

Its got a good sampling and you can get a feel for my style at least.

Stylistically, I'd say the first one reflects your work better, but it's really dark... maybe there's a way to take the same idea and lighten it a touch?

Dos was better.

I like Numero Uno - but I would remove the music. I agree with Avenger in that it matches your logo better. The second one just doen't seem too.

did you just do the Kenosha Culvers website, or the main one too, pretty sweet stuff.

i liek them both... the first seems a little too 'template' to me. The second one looked more like it was original artwork, though it is a touch cartoony. If you don't mind that, then it is cool.

The only thing that bothered me at all was that the second one, it was always two fireflies, or none. I wanna see just one! Then, sometimes two or even three.

Wait, was that too picky?

I like dos, but i have one idea for it you should have the lights in the house like turn of one at a time. But that is my idea. I thought it would be pretty cool.

Asta la vista

thanks for the comments all! I'm pretty torn myself. These are both pretty crude as of now, and they'll have mucho work done before the final is displayed. I like each for their own reasons so its hard. believe it or not the background on one is a scanned placemat, and I created the entire second one in photoshop from scratch, still needs some work as paynomind pointed out, its a bit cartoony. so I'm not sure, maybe once I keep working on them, a favorite will pop up. But, I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again

pc

ps good idea gamecock! I'll try it out!

thanks for the comments all! I'm pretty torn myself. These are both pretty crude as of now, and they'll have mucho work done before the final is displayed. I like each for their own reasons so its hard. believe it or not the background on one is a scanned placemat, and I created the entire second one in photoshop from scratch, still needs some work as paynomind pointed out, its a bit cartoony. so I'm not sure, maybe once I keep working on them, a favorite will pop up. But, I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again

pc

ps good idea gamecock! I'll try it out!

They're both nice, but I prefer Dos for it's Midwestern feel.