Most popular retro logo and colors ?

Rays

The Oilers look is easily the most missed look in sports. I can't think of another look in sports that I wish could be brought back more, other than maybe the Bucs.

They do have it back
As in the look for a current team.
Ya the look of the current team is wearing the blue and orange Gretzky era unis, unless I'm missing something

He's talking about the Houston/Tennessee Oilers.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much awful there. The color combo is dreadful and that wordmark is super-terrible.

An updated wordmark and (potentially) a button up over a pullover (Sorry Phantom Dreamer), and I can't see how this is any worse than their current look.

Padres retro weekend unis are amazing! Instead of a generic baseball team, they have an actual identity that the city and region love. Still can't understand why ownership is being stubborn on the full time switch. But, given that the Padres organization as a whole is run poorly I guess their resistance to a a much preferred look isn't surprising.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Rick Griffin for working his 5000th game as Mariners trainer today.

Another reason to demand that the U.S.S. Mariner ship return to Safeco Field is the iconic star M "trident" logo. Bring them both back NOW! Establish a nautical theme at the ballpark again. Establish a fun atmosphere at the ballpark again. Seattle Mariners: Back to the Future!

BpTnNN6CEAAnmj4.jpg

Archived