Ward26

I'm a lifelong Michigan fan and a huge Michigan hockey fan. Living in Big Ten country I love to watch all the hockey games on BTN, but sometimes I wonder why there are only six B1G teams that have a hockey program. So I decided to make jersey concepts for every B1G team that doesn't have a hockey team, even the newbies. Up first Illinois, C&C welcomed.

http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af206/Ward26/IllinoisHockey_zpsaedd4dde.png

110ehrk.jpg33k6vxf.jpg

Logos need to be higher up.
Name should be on the shoulder yoke.
Numbers should be larger and higher up.
You forgot TV numbers on the arms and your shoulder patches are too low (they are where the numbers should be).

I would say these are alright, kinda messy but once you fix those 4 things, it should start coming along.

So far, I must say it looks somewhat copy-and-paste but thats because we havent seen any more material where this team may just be simplified on purpose.

I'm not a huge fan of filling in the end of the arms, it kind of looks weird having straight lines and then a curved line. On the white jersey, the vents are coloured in - which they usually aren't - so it looks kind of weird. Same goes for the blue one.

But keep working on it.

My biggest peeve on Nike template jerseys is when the mesh is a different color than the jersey. It just seems like an unnecessary jersey element. I think that the cuffs on the home and away should either be straight with the striping and lower down or gone completely. I think they are making the arms too crowded.

Archived