Hand-drawn High School Baseball Uniforms

AdRice97

Hey all,

Been lurking around for a while and have loved seeing new concepts get rolled out here and there so I figured it was finally time to post some of my own. With no way to draw these up electronically I'm gonna have to ask everyone to bare with my pen and paper skills.

The concept is for my high school baseball team that is in its second year right now and although we got new jerseys this year, I'd like to see some improvements and more than just a blue alternate that we currently use. The team is a co-op between two schools, the Portland Lutheran Blue Jays and the Portland Waldorf Wolfpack. Last year we went with a W/L combined into one logo, but the coaches weren't too happy with it so our jerseys and caps this year just have a white P (on blue background) to represent our city.

The home white uses our current P (Red Sox 'B' style) but puts numbers on the front using the standard numbering font. The name lettering and back numbers are the same font as the front numbers. I'm a fan of piping so I added that but I wanted to get people's opinions on the sleeve lines. The left arm patch is a wolf head, the logo of the Wolfpack, and the right arm patch is the head of a blue jay, the other school's logo. The pants are just a typical white with one stripe going down the side with the same colored belt. I like hats that have a different bill color than base color, so I tried blue back/side panels and bill and white front panels with the same chest logo as the hat logo. I like the color combo in the hat but I want to know if it is working for other people.

The away grays use the same number/letter font but has PORTLAND as the wordmark rather than a chest logo. I think it might just be how dark I colored in the jersey but this set seems a little outdated to me. Thoughts? The arm patches are the same as the home whites

Right now our jerseys are the same royal blue that I'm using here with white patches underneath the arms and on other various parts of the jersey, the look you would expect from an MLB BP jersey. I was thinking these could stay as alternates but I might update this concept with a different alternate.

Thanks for taking a look at a guy's first attempt. Sorry for the wall of text. C&C would be much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be able to get these up in an electronic version soon.

lSwKQvX.jpgiKsUM7a.jpg

Wow, they're really not all that bad! Although the "Portland" wordmark might need a bit of work, it's a really solid concept!

Thanks. I think the 'Portland' wordmark should get ironed out if it's not hand done. Should be more defined if done on the computer and with a more accurate background color.

Archived