St. Louis Rams Redesign

JPDesign

hull+jersey+1.jpg

c8f5112156cdb0d3d7d45875ddf4398c.jpeg

Seriously, no. That era of Blues jersey is best forgotten.

While STLF is, as usual, a bit hyperbolic... he's not wrong.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is it, back in the 80s, 90s the Rams and Giants had to wear navy helmets, and the Broncos, light blueish? They had technology to make kelly green Jets helmets but not royal blue? San Jose St., and Boise St. had royal blue helmets back in the 80s and 90s. Duke and Kansas in the 90s

the medium blue shells were likely painted...the broncos light blue and giants/rams navy were basically the 2 shades of molded/injected poly shell colors available at the time and they stuck with it.

hull+jersey+1.jpg

hahaha believe me I don't fantasize about those blues teams. And it may be an unpopular opinion, but i love those jerseys

hull+jersey+1.jpg

hahaha believe me I don't fantasize about those blues teams. And it may be an unpopular opinion, but i love those jerseys

The alternate was nice...

There comes a point where your colors are your colors. They absolutely should use colors the franchise has used in the past, and they shouldn't be navy and red.

Except red is a color the franchise has used in the past dolt.

1949_LARams.png

why is it, back in the 80s, 90s the Rams and Giants had to wear navy helmets, and the Broncos, light blueish? They had technology to make kelly green Jets helmets but not royal blue? San Jose St., and Boise St. had royal blue helmets back in the 80s and 90s. Duke and Kansas in the 90s

Because light blue had been in the color scheme of the Broncos for over 20 years and because the teams wanted it that way. So what if some loser program like Boise State had some crappy helmet color. Boise State SUCKED in the 1990's same for San Jose State, same for Duke, same for Kansas.

There comes a point where your colors are your colors. They absolutely should use colors the franchise has used in the past, and they shouldn't be navy and red.

If you can't debate without resorting to name calling, your membership here will be shortened.

Consider this your warning.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Ya i know it would be sort of confusing for most people just randomly seeing red added. But in 1949, their jerseys were red & yellow, and in 1957 their jerseys were navy blue & red.

When i said they could add red, i meant so the pallet would be:

- Primaries = Royal Blue & yellow

- secondary = red

I might make a concept for this because I'm kind of wondering what it would look like

Just go back to the greatest show on turf era uniforms with the gold pants.

The current unis are the GSOT unis. Except for the part where they've binned the gold pants.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ya i know it would be sort of confusing for most people just randomly seeing red added. But in 1949, their jerseys were red & yellow, and in 1957 their jerseys were navy blue & red.

Not according to this:

1957_LosAngeles.png

EDIT: Maybe you mean 1937.

1937_Cleveland.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I would still love to see those awful alternate Georgia Frontiere concepts that didn't get picked in 2000.

"When we changed our color scheme in 2000, we actually considered many different possibilities, 15 to 20 combinations or so.

Mrs. Frontieres [team owner Georgia Frontiere] favorite color was powder blue, think UCLA, a color she used to wear all of the time. She thought the Rams would look great in this color and wanted to see some examples. So we made up some powder blue helmets with gold horns and gold helmets with powder blue horns, which she loved. But being someone who was very much into astrology, Mrs. Frontiere agreed to the current color scheme because, actually, she liked the names of the colors we used: new century gold and millennium blue. She thought it made cosmic sense if you will, given the year was 2000."

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/05/17/fantastic-interview-with-former-rams-equipment-manager-todd-hewitt/

Not according to this:

1957_LosAngeles.png

EDIT: Maybe you mean 1937.

Yes i was going off of this picture and i misread the 3 for a 5

St.+Louis+Rams+1200.jpg

I would still love to see those awful alternate Georgia Frontiere concepts that didn't get picked in 2000.

"When we changed our color scheme in 2000, we actually considered many different possibilities, 15 to 20 combinations or so.

Mrs. Frontieres [team owner Georgia Frontiere] favorite color was powder blue, think UCLA, a color she used to wear all of the time. She thought the Rams would look great in this color and wanted to see some examples. So we made up some powder blue helmets with gold horns and gold helmets with powder blue horns, which she loved. But being someone who was very much into astrology, Mrs. Frontiere agreed to the current color scheme because, actually, she liked the names of the colors we used: new century gold and millennium blue. She thought it made cosmic sense if you will, given the year was 2000."

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/05/17/fantastic-interview-with-former-rams-equipment-manager-todd-hewitt/

Oh, my gods.

Somebody actually took a uniform supplier's marketing bull :censored:seriously? Did she think those color names were chosen at random?

I know this. That's why I said they should use past colors, but not that one. Blow it out your ass.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The royal blue and yellow jerseys are by far my favorite look for the Rams. Kind of weird since I just posted in the NHL thread that just royal blue and yellow is too bright for the Blues, but for some reason I just think it works for the Rams. I probably wouldn't go straight back to those uniforms (the ram horn on the sleeve doesn't look great with the new jersey cuts) but something really similar would be great. They can even wear matching helmets now!

I was never really a fan of the navy and white set. It was always a little too boring for me. But I never got to see them in action so who knows. I'd be in favor of seeing them as a throwback with a royal and yellow primary set.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Old colors, YES! or maybe even a blue in between the Royal and Navy. Like a Pantone 281ish tone.

But I'm fine with the sleeve horns going away. They don't fit modern sleeves well enough and I never really understood the theory behind horns on the sleeve. I know uniforms are not a literal translation of the mascot they represent, but a Ram has only one set of horns, and they are on the head.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Also, from a chat that Kevin Demoff participated in on a Rams message board where a Rams fan asked a question about new uniforms.

Probably more tongue-in-cheek than it comes off.

I know this will surprise you, the uniform change is still years away and not in process. I think I've decided it is much more fun to have the uniform debate online and in radio interviews than it actually is to change the uniforms. If we actually changed them what would we ever talk about in chats or forums?

Kevin

Crazylegs
Where are we with the new uniform changes?

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

And you wonder why the Rams crashed into the ground only a few years later...

Anyways, while I'd prefer a return to Royal(ish) and Yellow, I like the idea of Navy and Yellow, so long as the Rams wear yellow pants to distinguish themselves from the likes of the Chargers.

I've also whipped up this helmet concept a few years back if they want to do a Fearsome Foursome-inspired alternate (well, it would be an alternate if I at least had my way, though I'd lighten up the blue a bit):

5015957497_582af9ef98_o.png

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived