JPDesign

St. Louis Rams Redesign

Dear St. Louis Rams,

Here is a simple guide to ensuring your uniforms look great, please fans and won't cost you a lot of time and money.

Step 1: Look at Marshall Faulk-era for your winning design.

2MarshallFaulk.jpg07-marshall-faulk.jpg

Step 2: Look at Marshall Faulk-era for your throwback design.

e868f7eedbb5421468b628f65bfe0044.jpgmarshallfaulk34.jpg

your photobucket is broken for me....

Seconded.

Should be fixed now. Sorry.

I would still love to see those awful alternate Georgia Frontiere concepts that didn't get picked in 2000.

"When we changed our color scheme in 2000, we actually considered many different possibilities, 15 to 20 combinations or so.

Mrs. Frontieres [team owner Georgia Frontiere] favorite color was powder blue, think UCLA, a color she used to wear all of the time. She thought the Rams would look great in this color and wanted to see some examples. So we made up some powder blue helmets with gold horns and gold helmets with powder blue horns, which she loved. But being someone who was very much into astrology, Mrs. Frontiere agreed to the current color scheme because, actually, she liked the names of the colors we used: new century gold and millennium blue. She thought it made cosmic sense if you will, given the year was 2000."

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/05/17/fantastic-interview-with-former-rams-equipment-manager-todd-hewitt/

What a loon.

By the way, here's not only the best uniforms in Rams history, but a top ten in NFL history...

Bob_Carey_Hirsch_Van_Brocklin.jpg

bob-waterfield_la-rams_jane-russell_1950

By the way, here's not only the best uniforms in Rams history, but a top ten in NFL history...

Oh, yes. Bring back the gold!

I would still love to see those awful alternate Georgia Frontiere concepts that didn't get picked in 2000.

"When we changed our color scheme in 2000, we actually considered many different possibilities, 15 to 20 combinations or so.

Mrs. Frontieres [team owner Georgia Frontiere] favorite color was powder blue, think UCLA, a color she used to wear all of the time. She thought the Rams would look great in this color and wanted to see some examples. So we made up some powder blue helmets with gold horns and gold helmets with powder blue horns, which she loved. But being someone who was very much into astrology, Mrs. Frontiere agreed to the current color scheme because, actually, she liked the names of the colors we used: new century gold and millennium blue. She thought it made cosmic sense if you will, given the year was 2000."

http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/05/17/fantastic-interview-with-former-rams-equipment-manager-todd-hewitt/

What a loon.

Gotta agree. A modern take on these would be incredible.

Dear St. Louis Rams,

Here is a simple guide to ensuring your uniforms look great, please fans and won't cost you a lot of time and money.

YES. I feel like I'm one of the only people on these boards who thinks that this is the best look the rams have ever had. They ruined it, but from those early 2000 years those were it. Top 5 in NFL

No, I'm right there with you. Brilliant look.

I miss the old uniforms but love the current ones. I wonder if there is a way to blend the two together like the Chargers without having the two yellows and blues fighting each other.

Also, NO blue/navy and white. That looks like a Colts knock off, not to mention it really isn't synonymous with Rams Football anymore.

No, I'm right there with you. Brilliant look.

I agree as well. I'm really OK if they wanted to redo this look in a medium-dark royal blue and yellow, but I'm fine with the colors as they are. Just bring back metallic gold and gold pants.

I DO like the white pants on occasion, and navy pants (not the current ones) can work too. But the beauty of the gold pants is that you don't need any other pants. One helmet. Two jerseys. One pair of pants. It was awesome.

What a loon.

Gotta agree. A modern take on these would be incredible.

I've been wanting to do a concept based on these. Like them a lot.

Just bring back the Blue/Yellow set from the LA Rams days and we're done. Those are all time classics and would love to see them back full time

What a loon.

What's a 'licker' do in football?

Oh, my gods.

Somebody actually took a uniform supplier's marketing bull :censored:seriously? Did she think those color names were chosen at random?

I've always felt that the best defense against accusing Frontiere of arranging for Carroll Rosenbloom's death is...well...her general displays of incompetence and stupidity in all other walks of life.

What a loon.

Yes, yes, and YES!

What a loon.

Dirty, dirty things

Another point to be made is that jerseys look better when you're winning in them. So when Marshall Faulk was wearing the navy and gold, it looked great. But when the Rams broke a record for the worst combined record over a 5 years span, the jerseys didn't look so hot

Jane Russell

Dear St. Louis Rams,

YES. I feel like I'm one of the only people on these boards who thinks that this is the best look the rams have ever had. They ruined it, but from those early 2000 years those were it. Top 5 in NFL
I agree with both of you. I like this look. The antique gold looks good when it is shiny ... Not so good when it looks tan or khaki.

Although blue and white looks good, but blue and white are the Colts. Either stick with gold and navy or move towards yellow and navy.