St. Louis Rams Redesign

JPDesign

How about royal blue and metallic gold? To the best of my knowledge not one single major pro sports team uses or has used that combo exclusively..and since the Kansas City Royals don't seem to want to own that color combo, maybe the Rams should step up to the plate and own it.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I'm almost positive the U. of Tulsa is the only entity that actually does use this combo:

AnthonyWilsonGeorge_17.jpg

This is from like two or three years back I think, but still illustrates how great this color combo can look.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about royal blue and metallic gold? To the best of my knowledge not one single major pro sports team uses or has used that combo exclusively..and since the Kansas City Royals don't seem to want to own that color combo, maybe the Rams should step up to the plate and own it.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I'm almost positive the U. of Tulsa is the only entity that actually does use this combo:

This is from like two or three years back I think, but still illustrates how great this color combo can look.

And it looks awful, navy yellow, navy gold, or royal yellow are the only ways to go

Another point to be made is that jerseys look better when you're winning in them. So when Marshall Faulk was wearing the navy and gold, it looked great. But when the Rams broke a record for the worst combined record over a 5 years span, the jerseys didn't look so hot

I disagree. The uniforms still looked great until the team started messing with them in an attempt to distract from a miserable performance.

Great uniforms are still great, even when the teams wearing them are terrible. The Raiders and Packers have produced some of the worst seasons the NFL has ever seen, but still looked good doing it.

Yeah, the royal blue and metallic gold don't contrast enough.

My preference would be some variation on this template with the classic Los Angeles/'99 team colors. Their current set looks great when worn as intended with the gold pants, absolutely, but the navy and white pants both make them look ugly and bland, respectively.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've said this in the past, but maybe enough people are not listening, so I'll say it again. :boogie:

For long time Rams fans, there is but one team that makes our blood boil, the one team that we hate more than anything: That is the San Francisco 49ers.

Everything about the 49ers(name, logo, color choice) is based off of GOLD.

So, despite it's somewhat pleasing appearance as a color combo and design. The old GOLD does not work well for the majority of Rams fans. It was a huge slap in the face to us and I believe this is why the Rams have de-emphasized the color around the stadium and ditched the gold pants.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

And it looks awful, navy yellow, navy gold, or royal yellow are the only ways to go

Its not terrible, but it isn't good either. I definitely don't think its an NFL color pallet. I think if St. Louis went with the LeBron-Era Cavs colors (gold, navy, wine) it would play better together... but I'm not sure they would be all that unique.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I've said this in the past, but maybe enough people are not listening, so I'll say it again. :boogie:

For long time Rams fans, there is but one team that makes our blood boil, the one team that we hate more than anything: That is the San Francisco 49ers.

So, despite it's somewhat pleasing appearance as a color combo and design. The old GOLD does not work well for the majority of Rams fans. It was a huge slap in the face to us and I believe this is why the Rams have de-emphasized the color around the stadium and ditched the gold pants.

You are literally the first person I have ever seen make this objection.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Really? Makes sense to me! If the Bills ever changed to Teal or added Silver, I'd be upset for them "borrowing" Dolphins or Pats colors. The LA Rams / SF Niners were huge rivals.

Really? Makes sense to me! If the Bills ever changed to Teal or added Silver, I'd be upset for them "borrowing" Dolphins or Pats colors. The LA Rams / SF Niners were huge rivals.

Actually much more like giants/dodgers in reverse where the SF fans are indifferent and Rams fans have the inferiority complex. No 9ers fan ever cared about playing the rams as they rarely fielded competitive teams aside from a handful of good seasons in the late 70's/early 80's. Now that Seattle/SF is the biggest rivalry out west StL us basically the odd man out and I don't think bringing them back to LA would help make them relevant as there would still be more raiders fans in LA.

Actually much more like giants/dodgers in reverse where the SF fans are indifferent and Rams fans have the inferiority complex. No 9ers fan ever cared about playing the rams as they rarely fielded competitive teams aside from a handful of good seasons in the late 70's/early 80's. Now that Seattle/SF is the biggest rivalry out west StL us basically the odd man out and I don't think bringing them back to LA would help make them relevant as there would still be more raiders fans in LA.

Holy retcon Batman!

The pre-Montana 49ers were a roaring :censored: fire with the exception of the early 1970s and that rivalry was heavily contested up through the 1980s.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I've heard other people say the 49ers = old gold thing.

I agree that they should go to a modern equivalent of those. Update the font a little bit so it's not so basic and, as you said, match blues across helmet and uniforms.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Holy retcon Batman!

The pre-Montana 49ers were a roaring :censored: fire with the exception of the early 1970s and that rivalry was heavily contested up through the 1980s.

So there was a short lived rivalry 30 years ago. Both teams have gone through extended periods of futility and have rarely been competitive at the same time. There is no good criteria for a long standing rivalry between the two clubs.

Holy retcon Batman!

So there was a short lived rivalry 30 years ago. Both teams have gone through extended periods of futility and have rarely been competitive at the same time. There is no good criteria for a long standing rivalry between the two clubs.

Aside from playing in the same division for 64 seasons come this fall...

:censored: man, the AFC West doesn't have that long of a run.

Today, we are all otaku.

Z5FbQjL.jpg

tugA6t9.jpg

No further redesigning necessary, other than making the helmet color match the uniform color.

If they were to, they need to remove the horns from the sleeves. They're redundant and make no sense when horns are on a ram's head and they're already on the helmet in that regard. Not to mention they look squished with today's sleeve cut. Go with an Arch-like shoulder stripe and move the numbers to the shoulders like the current ones. And maybe remove the white stripe from the pants. They looked very off with all the blue and yellow of the jersey/helmet and no white. Blue and yellow only pants would still work with the white jersey.

In addition, the one blue across the set and updated numbers. Then that'd be pretty good. I prefer the navy/metallic gold, but could live with these changes. Oh, and another personal preference would be black shoes. :)

Archived