My University Concept (Very Excited about it)

MR. 3G

I'll finish my Orlando Breakers concept soon. I just have been working on this project recently. I've been a big lurker on the NCFA and NCFA-FCS boards for a little while, and was inspired to do my own fictional University concept.

I've yet to come up with a University name for this fictional university (suggestions) but logo's and athletic team name are below. I'm thinking of "Charleston Harbor State" or "Fort of South Carolina- Charleston. I kind of want to include South Carolina and Charleston in the university name.

Fort of South Carolina- Charleston history is that it was formerly called Fort Moultrie College as it was near Fort Moultrie historical site. The school later moved it's main campus to Charleston adopting the TBA name.

Stevedores_new_nosmoke.pngThe Stevedores is the team's athletic name/identity. A Stevedore is defined as, "a person whose job is to load and unload ships at a port."

stevedores_script_wblue.png

stevie_unis2gether.png

1st Blue- "Colonial Blue" Is representative of the "Blue Coats" of The American Revolutionary War

Red- "Colonial Red" Is representative of the "Red Coats" of The American Revolutionary War

2nd Blue- "Harbor Blue" Is representative of the Charleston Harbor.

Gold- "Hunely Rust" Is representative of the H. L. Hunley (submarine) used The American Civil War

Only thing that bothers me is the NFL logo on the collar, after all it is a university and not NFL expansion.

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

Only thing that bothers me is the NFL logo on the collar, after all it is a university and not NFL expansion.

Holy vision, Batman. Good eye.

I think 4 colours is too much. The gold could go for sure, as it doesn't really add anything to the jersey. It could use some cleaning up- the stripes on the helmet look detatched, and the pant stripes look cluttered.

1425175351-U10338.png

The head looks more like a sailor or fisherman to me. I think that floppy hat would get in the way of loading and unloading. I agree the gold seems to be one colour too many.

Stevedores were famous for using hand-held hooks to grapple cargo- you may want to work that in, into the wordmark or elsewhere- see http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6EBlAt60FjU/T0m8sWXGeDI/AAAAAAAADBU/TY92kxm7gx8/s1600/SanFranHook.jpg

SanFranHook.jpg

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I'll finish my Orlando Breakers concept soon. I just have been working on this project recently. I've been a big lurker on the NCFA and NCFA-FCS boards for a little while, and was inspired to do my own fictional University concept.

I've yet to come up with a University name for this fictional university (suggestions) but logo's and athletic team name are below. I'm thinking of "Charleston Harbor State" or "Fort of South Carolina- Charleston. I kind of want to include South Carolina and Charleston in the university name.

Fort of South Carolina- Charleston history is that it was formerly called Fort Moultrie College as it was near Fort Moultrie historical site. The school later moved it's main campus to Charleston adopting the TBA name.

Stevedores_new_nosmoke.pngThe Stevedores is the team's athletic name/identity. A Stevedore is defined as, "a person whose job is to load and unload ships at a port."

stevie_unis2gether.png

1st Blue- "Colonial Blue" Is representative of the "Blue Coats" of The American Revolutionary War

Red- "Colonial Red" Is representative of the "Red Coats" of The American Revolutionary War

Gold- "Hunely Rust" Is representative of the H. L. Hunley (submarine) used The American Civil War

Great idea for a collegiate nickname. I'm leaning more towards Charleston Harbor State. I think it just rolls off of the tongue better.

Regarding the logos, I like the idea of the primary but it needs some cleanup work. The lines need refining and the face could use more definition. But it's a good start. Regarding the wordmark, I think you need to squeeze the "S" and "E" close to the anchor to make it look more as though the anchor functions as a "T." Also, I think that the blue outlines inside the wordmark should be eliminated. You have them between the S and the anchor, the E and the V, the E and the D and the E and the S. But then you have some rather large white spots between letters and inside the D and O. It's just uneven and draws attention to the run of letters without the inner blue.

gYH2mW9.png

Good Eye! It's eliminated.

Holy vision, Batman. Good eye.

I think 4 colours is too much. The gold could go for sure, as it doesn't really add anything to the jersey. It could use some cleaning up- the stripes on the helmet look detatched, and the pant stripes look cluttered.

Reworked the helmet stripes. And the gold is now gone. The pant stripes have been changed, they probably could be cleaned up some more though.

I like the font for the numbers. I'd kind of like a back-view of the helmet to see what all the stripes look like (since the gold stripes come in towards the top). And I think the pant stripes look cluttered as well. 7 pant stripes is a little much.

Yea, you're right about the pant stripes. I'm confused are talking about gold stripes on the helmet? If so, there is no gold helmet stripe. I would do a back view, but that template doesn't have one.

The head looks more like a sailor or fisherman to me. I think that floppy hat would get in the way of loading and unloading. I agree the gold seems to be one colour too many.

Stevedores were famous for using hand-held hooks to grapple cargo- you may want to work that in, into the wordmark or elsewhere- see http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6EBlAt60FjU/T0m8sWXGeDI/AAAAAAAADBU/TY92kxm7gx8/s1600/SanFranHook.jpg

SanFranHook.jpg

While I agree, the only thing I see when viewing images is a hardhat and the Stevedore skullcap. And I don't like either one of those. I did remove the outer background of the hat and scaled the rear of the hat back some. I'm kind of fond of the current script with the navy anchor. I may do helmet stickers using that though.

Stevedores_noflop.png

stevie_unis2gether.png

stevie_unis2gether.png

Great idea for a collegiate nickname. I'm leaning more towards Charleston Harbor State. I think it just rolls off of the tongue better.

Regarding the logos, I like the idea of the primary but it needs some cleanup work. The lines need refining and the face could use more definition. But it's a good start. Regarding the wordmark, I think you need to squeeze the "S" and "E" close to the anchor to make it look more as though the anchor functions as a "T." Also, I think that the blue outlines inside the wordmark should be eliminated. You have them between the S and the anchor, the E and the V, the E and the D and the E and the S. But then you have some rather large white spots between letters and inside the D and O. It's just uneven and draws attention to the run of letters without the inner blue.

Ok, about to work on the wordmark (grow tool didn't work all the way around). I'm not very good as far as drawing goes, and I don't use illustrator only GIMP. What do I need to do in order to define the face?

Archived