Donald Sterling: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

mania

Kareem has an interesting take here:

http://time.com/79590/donald-sterling-kareem-abdul-jabbar-racism/

It's funny that Sterling's done some pretty repugnant racist things and we've kinda ignored it. Here he's being a racist, but not having the impact he had with some of his previous hijinks.

Truth is, I am not sure the punishment fits the crime for this act. But ultimately, the NBA probably needed to do this to keep the Clippers viable.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic job Mr. Silver. Thank you sir.

When the Clippers are eventually sold do you think a new owner should re-brand the team. New name, logo, colors?

Some of the artists here will be doing just that, probably working on it as we speak!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Fantastic job Mr. Silver. Thank you sir.

When the Clippers are eventually sold do you think a new owner should re-brand the team. New name, logo, colors?

New name/colors, no, but logos maybe.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well done by Silver.

Jeff Van Gundy with an interesting point – will the vote by the owners be made public? The CBA vote was private, but doing it publicly makes it a guarantee Sterling is out. Might be against the rules though.

PJU85JF.png

HOLY CRAP

• Lifetime ban from Clippers and NBA
  • Will be forced to sell team
  • $2.5 M fine (maximum, apparently)

Sterling may not attend NBA games or practices. Can't be present at facility or participate in any personnel decisions regarding the team.

Holy hell, Silver flexed his nuts on this one! Check off another reason why more and more people are loving Adam Silver at the NBA helm.

I wonder what punishment would David Stern had given Sterling?

Probably nothing at all.

He did nothing in the past, and past actions would say you're right.

Well done by Silver.

Jeff Van Gundy with an interesting point – will the vote by the owners be made public? The CBA vote was private, but doing it publicly makes it a guarantee Sterling is out. Might be against the rules though.

If I was the NBAPA, I'd pressure to make it public. Speaking as one fan, I'd LOVE for it to be public.

I wonder if the Ducks owners will try to get in on this. They want(ed) an NBA team in Anaheim and apparently almost got the Kings a couple years ago. I guess the Clippers used to play in Anaheim for a couple of seasons in the late 90's, so it wouldn't be a big stretch.

Then again, I am a casual basketball fan so I don't know viability of it nor do I know about the NBA's policy on relocation nor do I know of the Clippers current contract situation in the Staples Center.

IbjBaeE.png

The Samuelis can't outbid Guggenheim Partners if that's what it comes down to, and the lease with the Staples Center is vastly preferable to playing anywhere else.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

i just heard the press conference and there was nowhere that it states that they are making him sell the team. Just he has no involvement with the Clippers, NBA, or the Board of Governors. He can still be an owner with no power and just receive the profits from the organization.

i just heard the press conference and there was nowhere that it states that they are making him sell the team. Just he has no involvement with the Clippers, NBA, or the Board of Governors. He can still be an owner with no power and just receive the profits from the organization.

No.

Silver stated that he will encourage the owners to vote sterling out.

Archived