Donald Sterling: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

mania

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ballmer, who attended several Clippers playoff games, told the Wall Street Journal earlier this month he would not move the team from Los Angeles."

I believe there is language in the agreement preventing him from moving the team as well.

Mind you, the audio clip in the link is from three years ago, but here you go...

TMZ Unearths Video of V. Stiviano Going Off on ‘Black People’

What’s good for the goose, etc.
TMZ reportedly has audio of V. Stiviano — the mistress who recording the racist rant that led to his demise of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling — saying her piece about African Americans as well. The clips come from a pilot of a 2011 reality TV show about, sigh, gold diggers.

Source: http://www.mediaite.com/online/tmz-unearths-video-of-stiviano-going-off-on-black-people/

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

Think about this:

Donald Sterling just made +$2 Billion from the sale of the Clippers. This is by no means a loss for him. He makes racist comments, causes a poohstorm and nets $2 BILLION in cash.

NBA wins in this because they come out as white knights out of this and from a business stand point can drive up the price of the sale of future NBA teams. Other owners of teams let's say the Miami Heat can say "wait, the Clippers who play second fiddle to the Lakers in the LA market, and the Staples Center can net 2 billion, I want 3 or 4 billion for the team."

not really related but more for amusement

Vince McMahon lost $340 Million after the stock price dropped after the TV deal. 

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Think about this:

Donald Sterling just made +$2 Billion from the sale of the Clippers. This is by no means a loss for him. He makes racist comments, causes a poohstorm and nets $2 BILLION in cash.

I'd be interested to know how much he actually gets after taxes and divorce.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Well since the trust owned the team, and they deemed him incompetant, is he really making anything off the sale of the team? I mean in a round about way yes, but kinda seems legally he's out entirely. But I could be wrong.

The Sterling Divorce; That's gonna be some lawsuit.

Who's saying this is a loss for Sterling, except perhaps for his reputation?

In addition to his reputation, which went from bad to worse, he lost his team and the fake importance/fame he thought he had from owning it. To someone as narcissistic and egotistical as Sterling is, that's a pretty big loss.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

If what is reported is still approved by the league owners, Shelly Sterling pulled a move of a straight up G!

Shelly Sterling decided to sell the team last week rather than fight to maintain half ownership in part because of a novel arrangement that will make her “owner emeritus” and fund a major foundation to serve the poor, minorities and battered spouses, according to people familiar with the $2-billion sale of the team.

The special provision in a sales agreement signed last week with former Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer will allow Sterling, 79, to maintain a significant presence with the franchise, even though she is giving up her 50% stake. The other half of the Clippers is owned by Donald T. Sterling through a family trust. Shelly Sterling sold the entire team to Ballmer after taking control of the trust, citing her husband’s alleged mental failings.

It took a special agreement -- a part of the deal sheet presented to bidders late last month -- to make Shelly Sterling back off her combative stance and become more comfortable selling the team, individuals close to the deal said. They asked not to be named because the negotiations were supposed to be confidential.

Now a new foundation will be created and funded by the Clippers organization, with some of the details of the arrangement still to be finalized. Shelly Sterling is expected to become co-executive director of the organization, which does not yet have a name, along with Ballmer, who made the record bid for the Clippers by himself.

Dan Gilbert now has healthy competition in the wack-ass open letter department:

I was brought up in America and educated to believe that every citizen has a right to privacy and right to freedom of speech. As a lawyer and citizen, I am shocked (but not surprised) that the NBA wants to take away those fundamental rights.

I feel that every American has to protect those rights and that the NBA should not be allowed to take away those rights. I have apologized for my mistakes. My apology is sincere. I want every American to know that I will not give up fighting for those rights.

I also feel that the leadership of the NBA is incompetent, inexperienced and angry. It is clear that they took this opportunity to settle the personal grievances they have harbored against me for years.

The NBA has a history of discriminatory practices which is supported by the numerous lawsuits filed by NBA employees claiming gender based discrimination. Adam Silver has worked for the NBA since 1992. He must know about the discriminatory practices of the NBA which are all matters of public record. The reason Adam Silver is focused on the sale, instead [of] the larger social issue, is because doing so would require him to examine the NBA’s own discriminatory practices, including those that occurred under his many years in leadership. If the NBA is sincere about their approach, Adam Silver needs to publicly examine the NBA’s own conduct and the conduct of each and every Owner.

For now, it seems Adam Silver is content with focusing his energy on violating my rights, attempting to take my property, and signing autographs for TMZ. Maybe once the dust settles, he will have some time to focus on the NBA’s own transgressions.

The NBA continues to thrive and exact its reign of terror in large part from the money it receives from the Fans. The NBA is a band of hypocrites and bullies. They will not stop until someone stands up. They have taken the liberty to desecrate my privacy rights and my right to own property. I have no doubt that they will continue to find new ways to violate my rights and the rights of any person in order to draw attention away from their discriminatory and repulsive conduct.

We have to fight for the rights of all Americans. We have to fight these despicable monsters. THIS IS THE REASON I WILL NOT SELL MY TEAM.

Donald T. Sterling

F-ck it, I don't care. At this point I'm rooting for him to win. It'll be funny.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You don't have rights or protections against actions taken by businesses in a laissez-faire world. Food for thought for the "let the market decide everything" crowd.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Dan Gilbert now has healthy competition in the wack-ass open letter department:

I was brought up in America and educated to believe that every citizen has a right to privacy and right to freedom of speech. As a lawyer and citizen, I am shocked (but not surprised) that the NBA wants to take away those fundamental rights.

I feel that every American has to protect those rights and that the NBA should not be allowed to take away those rights. I have apologized for my mistakes. My apology is sincere. I want every American to know that I will not give up fighting for those rights.

I also feel that the leadership of the NBA is incompetent, inexperienced and angry. It is clear that they took this opportunity to settle the personal grievances they have harbored against me for years.

The NBA has a history of discriminatory practices which is supported by the numerous lawsuits filed by NBA employees claiming gender based discrimination. Adam Silver has worked for the NBA since 1992. He must know about the discriminatory practices of the NBA which are all matters of public record. The reason Adam Silver is focused on the sale, instead [of] the larger social issue, is because doing so would require him to examine the NBA’s own discriminatory practices, including those that occurred under his many years in leadership. If the NBA is sincere about their approach, Adam Silver needs to publicly examine the NBA’s own conduct and the conduct of each and every Owner.

For now, it seems Adam Silver is content with focusing his energy on violating my rights, attempting to take my property, and signing autographs for TMZ. Maybe once the dust settles, he will have some time to focus on the NBA’s own transgressions.

The NBA continues to thrive and exact its reign of terror in large part from the money it receives from the Fans. The NBA is a band of hypocrites and bullies. They will not stop until someone stands up. They have taken the liberty to desecrate my privacy rights and my right to own property. I have no doubt that they will continue to find new ways to violate my rights and the rights of any person in order to draw attention away from their discriminatory and repulsive conduct.

We have to fight for the rights of all Americans. We have to fight these despicable monsters. THIS IS THE REASON I WILL NOT SELL MY TEAM.

Donald T. Sterling

F-ck it, I don't care. At this point I'm rooting for him to win. It'll be funny.

There is no comic sans in Sterling's letter so Gilbert still wins for worst letter.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I was brought up in America and educated to believe that every citizen has a right to privacy and right to freedom of speech. As a lawyer and citizen petulant eighth-grader, I . . .

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived