Donald Sterling: Don't Bring Black People to My Games

mania

Clippers team statement:

"Mr. Sterling is emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings. It is the antithesis of who he is, what he believes and how he has lived his life. He feels terrible that such sentiments are being attributed to him and apologizes to anyone who might have been hurt by them."

That is such a blatant lie it's almost as offensive as what he was caught saying.

Can the NBA really not force him out of ownership? Is a sports "franchise" different from, say, a Chick-fil-A "franchise" in that way? I know CFA can take back a restaurant if it's caught operating on a Sunday, for instance. Do NBA owners not agree to any standards upon purchasing a team?

PJU85JF.png

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The silver lining to this, is that Sens fans everywhere get further confirmation that Eugene Melnyk isn't the worst owner in the world.

The bad part, of course, is everything about this. Obviously, the only solution is a mutiny with all the players taking Sterling out by force. Put that on instead of the game, heck, I'd watch it.

I never thought for a moment that Melnyk was the worst owner. He's the Inspector Clouseau of team owners.

Can the NBA really not force him out of ownership? Is a sports "franchise" different from, say, a Chick-fil-A "franchise" in that way? I know CFA can take back a restaurant if it's caught operating on a Sunday, for instance.

No, there is no difference between a professional sports team worth hundreds of millions of dollars and a fast food restaurant. There is also no difference between the Clippers and popular ECW wrestler "The Franchise" Shane Douglas.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the NBA Finals are between the Clippers and the Heat, I think neutrals could be motivated to root for the Lebron Era Heat for the first time ever just so Sterling doesn't get the opportunity to touch a Larry O'Brien Trophy.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Sterling later added, "I'm not a racist, in fact, I give preferential treatment to gooks!"

I'm ashamed I laughed so hard at that. What a silly-sounding word that we have designated as a racial slur.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I saw this on nba.com:

Sterling, a real estate owner, bought the Clippers in 1981. He is the longest-tenured owner in the NBA since Lakers owner Jerry Buss died last year.

It reminds you why Stern stepped down. All his people are dead.

Listening to the tape, Donald Sterling is saying a LOT about the white, elitist culture he grew up in. You can say without hyperbole that having lived for so long segregated from the rest of society must have turned them into paranoid, delusional sociopaths. How else do you even justify thinking of black people as "my enemy," yet owning an NBA franchise and dating a Black/Latina woman?

Clippers team statement:

"Mr. Sterling is emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings. It is the antithesis of who he is, what he believes and how he has lived his life. He feels terrible that such sentiments are being attributed to him and apologizes to anyone who might have been hurt by them."

That is such a blatant lie it's almost as offensive as what he was caught saying.

It's just Sterling being a coward and speaking through the team president instead of having the balls to deny it himself. Seriously, :censored: him.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Listening to the tape, Donald Sterling is saying a LOT about the white, elitist culture he grew up in.

I think he grew up poor. His sensibilities seem pretty typical of a certain kind of early-20th-century ethnic neighborhood, not just Jewish, but Greek, or Polish, or whatever. You can talk a big game about equal rights for all people, but when the chips are down, you know where you're not supposed to stick your dick.

Listening to the tape, Donald Sterling is saying a LOT about the white, elitist culture he grew up in.

I think he grew up poor. His sensibilities seem pretty typical of a certain kind of early-20th-century ethnic neighborhood, not just Jewish, but Greek, or Polish, or whatever. You can talk a big game about equal rights for all people, but when the chips are down, you know where you're not supposed to stick your dick.

060109-octomom3.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

060109-octomom3.jpg

The Bachelor, getting dumped? What? That never happens with reality dating shows.

Proof Donal Sterling is not racist he is getting a lifetime achievement award from the NAACP

honoreesRev3.jpg

http://www.mediaite.com/online/naacp-la-scheduled-to-give-sterling-a-lifetime-achievement-award-next-month/

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

- When a girl seduces me and tells me all of these hot stories and dirty things and tells me how much she wants to suck on me and takes my shoes off and licks my feet and touches me. When I'm in a limousine and she takes [off] all her clothes. The limo driver said, "What is going on?" And she started sucking me on the way to Mr. Koon's house. And I thank her. I thank her for making me feel good.

- Sir, the question was, "Is this your handwriting?"

This is Platonic in its beauty.

Some quick googling tells me he grew up fairly middle class. Perhaps not the super elite environment he's in now, but either way, it's what he's been a part of for the overwhelming majority of his life at this point. The disturbing part to me is Sterling's "What will the neighbors think?" mentality throughout the whole tape... he apparently feels that his social circle with judge him for his black "girlfriend" hanging around black people.

Archived