Barclays Premier League Concepts

Deion.Blackwell8

Alright guys, I'm back with a new series...as the title states these are gonna be my BPL concepts. Please bare with me as this is my first time using photoshop to do my concepts. I used a lot of the soccer templates on the boards as inspiration for my personal template that I'll be using in this series.

But anyways...without further adieu.

Arsenal

Home: Alright so we have classic red shirt w/ white sleeves as always for Arsenal. But to give it just a tiny but of flavor we've used a split red/dark red design on the shirt. I saw a look similar to this awhile ago on these boards & it's stuck with me ever since. I thought it was a pretty nice way to give the shirt a little life w/o ruining the classic Arsenal look. Also, no puma logos on the sleeves on any of these. I feel like one on the shirt is enough.

Clash: Arsenal has a long history of yellow clash kits, every now & again there's a different color thrown in the mix but mostly yellow. I wanted to stay true to history and go with a yellow shirt and navy shorts. I decided to go with sublimated hoops, collar and cuffs navy with a small hint of red on the sleeve and back of the collar.

Third: I really like there to a second kit that uses basically the same color scheme as the home kit so be prepared for that in this series. So for Arsenal's third I went with a navy shirt with a red horizontal chest stripe, and you'll notice that I split the colors on the stripe like it did on the home kit...to give it that 'cohessiveness' that I prefer.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/10mrhh3.jpg'>10mrhh3.png

Let me know what you guys think.

Aston Villa will be up next!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's a pretty classy set - good work! The two-tone home shirt works really well I think.

The only comments I'd make would be that the Puma logo being on the front and the back of the socks is unnecessary, and the red on the back collar of the away kit doesn't quite sit right with me.

Just as a general comment, I think you've also got the name and numbers on the back of the shirt a little small so it might be worth checking that as you go forward.

But those minor quibbles aside, this is a very promising start - I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the other 19 clubs!

Alright guys, I'm back with a new series...as the title states these are gonna be my BPL concepts. Please bare with me as this is my first time using photoshop to do my concepts. I used a lot of the soccer templates on the boards as inspiration for my personal template that I'll be using in this series.

But anyways...without further adieu.

Arsenal

Home: Alright so we have classic red shirt w/ white sleeves as always for Arsenal. But to give it just a tiny but of flavor we've used a split red/dark red design on the shirt. I saw a look similar to this awhile ago on these boards & it's stuck with me ever since. I thought it was a pretty nice way to give the shirt a little life w/o ruining the classic Arsenal look. Also, no puma logos on the sleeves on any of these. I feel like one on the shirt is enough.

Clash: Arsenal has a long history of yellow clash kits, every now & again there's a different color thrown in the mix but mostly yellow. I wanted to stay true to history and go with a yellow shirt and navy shorts. I decided to go with sublimated hoops, collar and cuffs navy with a small hint of red on the sleeve and back of the collar.

Third: I really like there to a second kit that uses basically the same color scheme as the home kit so be prepared for that in this series. So for Arsenal's third I went with a navy shirt with a red horizontal chest stripe, and you'll notice that I split the colors on the stripe like it did on the home kit...to give it that 'cohessiveness' that I prefer.

Arsenal.png

Let me know what you guys think.

Aston Villa will be up next!

I am a true fan of the Arsenal kit designs. The Arsenal away kits are spot on with the sublimated hoops, nice touch. As for away colors, the yellow and blue are iconic with the club steeped in history. As for the home kit, nothing needs to be said. Nothing but perfection mate! As for the third kit, normally the third kits that the club release has history involved except those damn purple third kits...WTF were those and who approved them?

Good work mate and looking forward to the rest of this thread.

Alright I've updated the socks for Arsenal. I don't know what I was thinking when I put the logo on the back...a bit of a brain fart I guess. Also I'm going to look into make the name/number a little bigger after this next one...

Aston Villa

Home & Clash: I really like the away kit Aston Villa has worn this season, so I took a little inspiration from that with the checkerboard pattern on the front and back on the jersey. Then the blue collar and cuffs with just a little piping to split the body and sleeves. You'll notice that the Macron logo is simplified and just on the front of the kit. I think it looks really tacky the way the do it in real life.

Third: I really love this third kit I came up with for Villa. It's the same template as the home and clash. But I went with a sublimated vertical checkered stripe, I think the tonal crest was necessary for this kit, also the sublimated stripe continues on the socks as well.

AstonVilla_zps9d24368d.png

How do you guys feel about these? Let me know.

Chelsea is up next...

Some good work here. I like how your designs of the shirt the shorts and the socks are fluently together. Like on Aston Villa the socks are like the counterpart of the shirt. That looks really good.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Some good work here. I like how your designs of the shirt the shorts and the socks are fluently together. Like on Aston Villa the socks are like the counterpart of the shirt. That looks really good.

Thanks for the compliment. I really enjoy seeing the work you've done on these boards, so that means a lot coming from you.

Also gonna use this as a bump.

Another good look you've come up with here. I would prefer a little more variation between the primary chad clash kits....but that's my personal preference. They're both fine designs. The third is very nice. I do like the application of the checkerboard pattern over all of the kits.

gYH2mW9.png

Like Berlin says, the different elements of the kits tie together very nicely. I could imagine too the kitman putting together a mash up if there was a shorts/sock clash and everything still working well - using the away shorts with the home kit, for example.

The blue sleeves on the away shirt might make it a little too close to the home to be used when playing a team such as West Ham or Manchester City, but in such instances you have a third which offers a very stark contrast so I don't think it's a major issue.

Just back on the Arsenal kits - I see you've adjusted the Puma logos on the socks, but one of the third socks is now completely logoless. ;)

Like Berlin and Jaffa said nice use of blending of colors to compliment the shirt, shorts and socks. And I would think of changing the away kit sleeves so that it isn't the same as the home kit for clashing purposes. Great work and keep it up!

Is this just 2013/14 Prem clubs or will this include 2014/15 clubs? Burnley and Leicester City?

Like Berlin and Jaffa said nice use of blending of colors to compliment the shirt, shorts and socks. And I would think of changing the away kit sleeves so that it isn't the same as the home kit for clashing purposes. Great work and keep it up!

Is this just 2013/14 Prem clubs or will this include 2014/15 clubs? Burnley and Leicester City?

I'm planning on doing only the 2014/15 clubs. I will save the promoted clubs for the very end. This is why I skipped over Cardiff...I will skip over the teams in the bottom three at the moment...

Third time's a charm on Arsenal...

Chelsea

Home: I always like when Chelsea uses a hint of red on the home kit, so that's what I decided to do here...just a hint on the collar, cuffs and socks. Sublimated horizontal stripes across the jersey, as Chelsea have done many times before. Not really much to say for the home.

Away: Very similar style to the home kit. White with the horizontal stripes...to give a little something extra I went with the alternated blue & red pinstripes. Not sure how I feel about this one. You guys give me some C&C..let me know what you think

Third: I love this Eton blue color. I believe it's the color of the very first ever Chelsea kit. I left this one fairly plain..giving it a nice White/Eton blue/White stripe on the collar and sleeve cuff. I know the numbers/sponsor probably should be a little more visible, but I feel like a dark color would really take away from the look that I wanted to give here.

Chelsea.png

C&C

Crystal Palace will be next up.

Cracked it with the Arsenal socks. ;)

I like the Chelsea home, although to me I think they should really be in white socks - it's a big part of their identity. But I think the rest of the kit ticks all the right boxes.

I think the away looks pretty good. White with red and blue trim is a look the club's used a fair bit so it ties in with their look really well. I can picture them under the floodlights on a European night in something like this.

The third though... I'm not sure about that colour. I understand the thinking behind it, and I'm not totally against it from an aesthetic point of view - I just wonder if it's a strong enough colour to really stand out on the pitch. I think trying to pick out a teammate on the opposite wing on a dull day might be tricky, especially when they're stood in front of a crowd.

Once again you have managed to create a home and away kit which has interchangeable elements without them being carbon copies in different colours. Unlike the trend in US sports of having the same uniform but with different colours. Well done for the great execution in that respect as I personally really hate it when teams have to change kit elements and it doesn't look right together.

Example Liverpool:

Robin+Van+Persie+Manchester+United+v+Liv

As mentioned above, Chelsea are known for their Blue-Blue-White home kits. Your design is probably more pleasing on the eye but this is just what Chelsea have done for years and years. LINK if interested?

As for the 3rd, I do like the educated choice of "Eton Blue" and you can see from the link above that it was the main colour for Chelsea originally. I would probably prefer a black trim but then you run the risk of 'copying' Schalke's 3rd kit from this season. So all in all, there isn't much to be improved. I also like how you went with tradition without over selling the retro aspect. I think this is overdone in real life and in the concept world.

Sorry I can't see much to give constructive criticism about - but hey. Take that as a compliment from me.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived